Castela, "It's Singing!" 2013-08-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Castela, "It's Singing!" 2013-08-06

Post by DilyV »

Such a sunny disposition!!!!

She would feel right at home here:

I caught this video on German TV... something called Rave Around the World on the VOX Channel.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
NOTDilbert

Re: Castela, "It's Singing!" 2013-08-06

Post by NOTDilbert »

I'd actually rather see these than thrilling and dramatic '"Filling Out Forms" episodes. I wish I had the $$ to bid on some of the stuff Paul's got up on Ebay..... :(
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

D'awwww!!!!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

What an ability that would be, to listen to the flowers!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

davids4250 wrote:What an ability that would be, to listen to the flowers!
Especially if they sing...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Aaand, now I'm thinking about arranging a garden for audio beauty as well as visual...
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Very sweet. Is this a plant affinity power, imagination, synesthesia, or a bit of each?

Yes, I know the effect it has on us.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Actually, it's asking for toilet water instead of Brawndo. It just has a high pitched, musical voice!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I hope that flower sings better than this bush.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

"...You can learn a lot of things from the flowers, most especially in the month of June..."

Guess the movie that's from..... :)
Last edited by NOTDilbert on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:
... appropriately.

In Victorian days, the gift of a particular type of flower implied something... each flower had a meaning attached to it. The Rhododendron had a symbolic meaning of "beware". This meaning wasn't assigned by accident. Rumor has it that the Rhododendron knows only two songs: "Barnacle Bill The Sailor", and a jaunty rendition of "The Ballad of Eskimo Nell" (both sung distressingly off-key, of course).
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

NOTDilbert wrote:"...You can learn a lot of things from the flowers, most especially in the month of June..."

Guess the movie that's from..... :)
Alice In Wonderland!!! (heh, that scene was the first thing I thought of too) :mrgreen:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:Aaand, now I'm thinking about arranging a garden for audio beauty as well as visual...
You might have more than you think.

I have an Apple tree in my back yard as old as me, and one Apple tree old as my son(planted the Spring after he was born, right after the last frost). I have Forsythia and Crabapple trees, and an evergreen in my front garden bed. They have a music all their own if you listen on a breezy day.
The birds building nests in them raising families add to it, the chittering squirrels running along the neighbours battered and worn picket fence, fighting over the seed in the feeders, as do the happy kids that watch the antics of animals that play in it's branches. The winds whispering secrets through the branches of the trees, as the leaves rustle a reply.

Some people hang chimes from them to "distract from the boring feel of them" and that is sad, because if they'd only listen, they'd hear a symphony that is drowned out by them.

Early Morning is the best, because the cacophony of zooming travellers and various modern noises are not present, just a sleepy street waking up to another glorious morning. If you can manage it, wake up very early on a day off and sit and listen to your yard waking up. You might be surprised.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

All I Know is Castela looks happy. Now I wonder how Atsali is taking to all this change. To see her trying on new clothes or in this case, Katherines clothes. "Oh Kath, this sweater is soooo cool. Can I try it on?" (Katherine) "Sweety I'm afraid it won't fit, cause we're different" *FILL-OUT morph* ".....sizes?"
Would be funnier if Atsali met Monica first. :lol:
Julie

Post by Julie »

And yet another piece of evidence in favor of the whole "dryad" theory for Castela's species. :) I'm inclined to think that it is an affinity ability...plant-based supernaturals can probably at least understand the languages of all of the plants they see. I doubt they'd be limited to their own affiliated plant. After all, we can learn other human languages...why couldn't they learn other plant languages? :) Also...you don't have to understand the language to appreciate the song (hence my enjoyment of opera). :)
Jabberwonky wrote:
Only if they can carry a tune... :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

Something to keep in mind is Katherine's life prior to Atsali and Castela. You might recall her talking to her plants as well as her goldfish Oscar. On another matter, I've been observing young Castela's eyes: They have red highlights, which make them different from Katherine's, and today's pic shows them to be quite different in other ways. There is a 'hollow' quality to her eye sockets and what appear to be floating pupils, but that could just be reflections. Castela is a very different creature indeed, but a wonderful little girl. 8-)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Aaand, now I'm thinking about arranging a garden for audio beauty as well as visual...
You might have more than you think.

I have an Apple tree in my back yard as old as me, and one Apple tree old as my son(planted the Spring after he was born, right after the last frost). I have Forsythia and Crabapple trees, and an evergreen in my front garden bed. They have a music all their own if you listen on a breezy day.
The birds building nests in them raising families add to it, the chittering squirrels running along the neighbours battered and worn picket fence, fighting over the seed in the feeders, as do the happy kids that watch the antics of animals that play in it's branches. The winds whispering secrets through the branches of the trees, as the leaves rustle a reply.

Some people hang chimes from them to "distract from the boring feel of them" and that is sad, because if they'd only listen, they'd hear a symphony that is drowned out by them.

Early Morning is the best, because the cacophony of zooming travellers and various modern noises are not present, just a sleepy street waking up to another glorious morning. If you can manage it, wake up very early on a day off and sit and listen to your yard waking up. You might be surprised.
Wow, what an (audio) picture you paint. Unfortunately, not many trees around here. A few kinda straggly Eucalyptus, low water requirements, and none close enough to where I hang out to get any windsong from them.
But your words brought back memories of listening to the breezes sing through pine trees...
:)
Julie wrote:Also...you don't have to understand the language to appreciate the song (hence my enjoyment of opera). :)
I enjoy music in many different languages, especially having spent so much time overseas in recent years. But I have often found myself liking a song for the cadence of the words and the voice before 'getting' the words. (which has led to many amusing original lyrics to songs I've only heard once or twice)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
... appropriately.

In Victorian days, the gift of a particular type of flower implied something... each flower had a meaning attached to it. The Rhododendron had a symbolic meaning of "beware". This meaning wasn't assigned by accident. Rumor has it that the Rhododendron knows only two songs: "Barnacle Bill The Sailor", and a jaunty rendition of "The Ballad of Eskimo Nell" (both sung distressingly off-key, of course).
*insert voice of Olive Oyl*

Who's that knock-ing on my Do-wer!!!!
Who's that knock-ing on my do-wer!!!!
Who's that knock-ing on my do-wer!!!!
Asked the fair young maiden!!!!

uk -uk-uk!!!! LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Aw, who isn't charmed by the little flower girl?
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

cmdrpowers wrote:On another matter, I've been observing young Castela's eyes: They have red highlights, which make them different from Katherine's, and today's pic shows them to be quite different in other ways. There is a 'hollow' quality to her eye sockets and what appear to be floating pupils, but that could just be reflections.
The impression I've gained, especially from today's comic and the second panel of the one from the 26th of last month, is that her eye-sockets are mostly just filled with empty space, and her "pupils" are sticking up through that space (sort of like the stamens on a flower, with the pupil being the anther and the filament going back into. . .wherever). Which, if true, would mean that she probably sees the world in a much different way than we do, in more than just the figurative sense.

She and empty-socket-version Tina could have a really unnerving staring contest against each other.