Would You Like That 2013-08-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Re: Would You Like That 2013-08-01

Post by zachariah »

NOTDilbert wrote:For convenience' sake, the Wapsi ladies might want to get themselves a large townhouse/nice apartment building and move the Minneapolis-dwelling cast members into the same building. Jin probably owns two or three....

Oh, and as for a babysitter for Pickle and Atsali, who could be more fun than Nudge?
I don't think so. Do you really want Nudge giving Sali ideas at her age? Sali has already shown a strong jump off the cliff attitude towards life. Nudge is not always a good influence. She is a trickster goddess after all.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
sheik

Post by sheik »

zachariah wrote:
scantrontb wrote: from the way you say that, it sounds like we're all under constant surveillance of the "Big Brother" type... who would be filling out that "report" in the first place?..
Now, that's not to say that she's not going to have any problems with those two trying to fit in, in today's society!... nope, that's the subject for the NEXT arc of WapsiSquare... but i don't expect any paperwork problems of that sort.
Not a big brother but a nosy neighbor that goes overboard. My daughter was reported to child services once when her youngest was with his father for the day and she went to pick up their oldest at the bus stop. She normally took the youngest with her and this day she didn't. The busybody reported her for leaving the young child home alone for 10 minutes. Took my daughter three months to get it cleared up and dropped. That type would call in a report about two children suddenly appearing at Kathy's place after Kathy has lived there for years as almost a recluse. Some people just go looking for a chance to do something like that. Then they feel all good about doing some good in the world and give no thought to finding out what really happened.
It is my personal opinion that congenital meddlers belong in that Special Hell that child molesters and theater talkers inhabit.
At the very least meddling should be declared a severe mental illness, if only to put the aforesaid meddlers in the same Hell-on-Earth to which they subject others.
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

sheik wrote:It is my personal opinion that congenital meddlers belong in that Special Hell that child molesters and theater talkers inhabit.
At the very least meddling should be declared a severe mental illness, if only to put the aforesaid meddlers in the same Hell-on-Earth to which they subject others.
My brothers are identical twins, and I do mean identical. One lives in the city, and the other in a small town about 20 miles away. A busybody from the small town went to the city and saw my city brother in a nice restaurant with his wife. The next morning, she dropped by the small-town brother's house and told his wife in syrupy tones full of faux concern, " You poor thing! I saw your husband with another woman last night!" Fortunately, my brother was home with her the night before, so she knew it was all BS. (He does work irregular hours, so it could have gone far worse.) She told the woman to get the Hell out of her house.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

zachariah wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:For convenience' sake, the Wapsi ladies might want to get themselves a large townhouse/nice apartment building and move the Minneapolis-dwelling cast members into the same building. Jin probably owns two or three....

Oh, and as for a babysitter for Pickle and Atsali, who could be more fun than Nudge?
I don't think so. Do you really want Nudge giving Sali ideas at her age? Sali has already shown a strong jump off the cliff attitude towards life. Nudge is not always a good influence. She is a trickster goddess after all.
But, she CAN jump off a cliff. She can fly. Not so sure about Pickle.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

MerchManDan wrote:
davids4250 wrote:Is Paul maybe thinking fo branching out with another strip? Hard to see how Kath could go back to being a mousey museum worker after this.
I'm pretty sure Mon still works at the museum, and she's one of the most powerful beings in this comic. Think of it as a superhero-secret-identity sort of thing: Mousey museum worker by day, Ass-kicking Adventurer by night. :mrgreen:

And on the weekends!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, all my feels.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

analyst wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:
Dave wrote: And not even that, in this story arc. Due to the nuclear explosion, there is no bikini at all to be seen.

(Pours some heavy water into the Pun Jar)
Better be glad you made an offering after that one!

I passed just north (on Hwy 380) of the Trinity site earlier this summer during a trip through New Mexico. It is a rather isolated area now, back in '45 even more so I would have to imagine.
I think he was talking about the island going missing. "Due to the nuclear explosion, there is no Bikini atoll to be seen." He and I were thinking along the same line (thanks to Jay Ward), he was just on earlier than I was (c8.
Yes, his reference was not lost on me, thus the remark about making the offering. My reply was due to my random thoughts, the remark about Bikini made me think about having just recently passed by the site of the first nuclear explosion at Trinity. I just have a tendency to be thinking more than writing and the result is disjointed posts. Will attempt to expand on replies the next time! ;) And Jay Ward was a genius!

And like so many others have remarked, Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww!
WilliamCA

Post by WilliamCA »

cmdrpowers wrote:That's it...I teared up. Dammit, Paul, you're going to ruin my curmudgeonly reputation! :cry:
Don't feel bad dude, I teared up too. Paul did a great job with this story arc! It seems like we're going to have our own Wapsi version of Indiana Jones and his two cool sidekicks. So does this mean that Astali is Willy and Catalia is Short-Round?
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

shadowinthelight wrote:Thanks a lot, now I'm imagining Pickle torturing Kath by running around shouting "Ni!".
AH, but i'm sure Kat knows the counter to THAT... A Herring!... That'll get her to stop right quick!... :P
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Yeah, I was thinking of Bob Clampets' Beany and Cecil too. In fact I could hear the Singing Dinosaur (Dinah Shore,get it)singing:
♫Everybody wears a great Big SMILE on the NO BIKINI ATOLL!♫ Then she blew a kiss. Memories. :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think after the "Oh Yes, Please", Castele,and Atsali should climb into the TARDIS with Katherine and be off. Oops, Wrong Show. :lol:
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

scantrontb wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Thanks a lot, now I'm imagining Pickle torturing Kath by running around shouting "Ni!".
AH, but i'm sure Kat knows the counter to THAT... A Herring!... That'll get her to stop right quick!... :P
But it wouldn't be nice to say "It" at her.

And everyone knows Jay Ward is a god.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Boxilar wrote:Katherine is good people.

Six good people actually. (Someone had to go there) :mrgreen:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Would you like that ... with cheese? with cream and sugar? with fries? heated up? put in a doggie bag?
I felt that someone should get the obvious joke out of the way before the next episode came up.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

I wonder how Paul is going to deal with characters aging now that we have two characters that should presumably change over time much more than any of the other characters we have. We don't get explicit references to the time and date as the comic goes by and I dont remember any references to characters having birthdays but I get the impression that time passes at the normal rate overall. (I.e. its currently 2013 in the comic, we're not permanently stuck in 2001 or anything) so will Atsali and Castella age and grow as years go by or will they stay at roughly their current ages for the rest of the comic. :?:
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

GuySmiley wrote:I wonder how Paul is going to deal with characters aging now that we have two characters that should presumably change over time much more than any of the other characters we have. We don't get explicit references to the time and date as the comic goes by and I dont remember any references to characters having birthdays but I get the impression that time passes at the normal rate overall. (I.e. its currently 2013 in the comic, we're not permanently stuck in 2001 or anything) so will Atsali and Castella age and grow as years go by or will they stay at roughly their current ages for the rest of the comic. :?:
With Comic Book Time anything is possible.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

GuySmiley wrote:I wonder how Paul is going to deal with characters aging now that we have two characters that should presumably change over time much more than any of the other characters we have. We don't get explicit references to the time and date as the comic goes by and I dont remember any references to characters having birthdays but I get the impression that time passes at the normal rate overall. (I.e. its currently 2013 in the comic, we're not permanently stuck in 2001 or anything) so will Atsali and Castella age and grow as years go by or will they stay at roughly their current ages for the rest of the comic. :?:
There are reference but not many. The most notable was Monica's 30th birthday which he sort of glossed over. Luckily time moves at a different rate is wapsi world so we don't have to worry about it just yet. But eventually The others will. It is hard to lose mortal friends and eventually it may lead them to stop having them. The other option is to become hardened and used to dealing with the loss. Read Begarath by Eddings as the main character does talk about having to deal with this very issue.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.