Would You Like That 2013-08-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
scantrontb

Re: Would You Like That 2013-08-01

Post by scantrontb »

DilyV wrote:Um... Is Kath flashing upskirt in the next to last panel??!!
You!, Miss DilyV are a twisted, perverted person to think that Paul would have to resort to that kind of fan-service to keep his readership.... huh, I Knew there was something i liked about you!... :D

though seriously, i agree with shadowinthelight: nothing worse than what we see on American TV now-days, and barely that if even...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

CptNerd wrote:So, so nice! I hope she can handle the new family additions, will she have to get a new place to accommodate them?
Probably. It will need lots of squirrels around to help keep the larder full. Dietzel will thank her for that.

I wonder if MIB will take care of all the civilian paperwork for Kathy suddenly appearing with two kids in Wapsiland? Can you see the expression on the face of the first city social worker who arrives to check out the report Kathy suddenly has two kids?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
pcj70

Post by pcj70 »

MerchManDan wrote:
davids4250 wrote:Is Paul maybe thinking fo branching out with another strip? Hard to see how Kath could go back to being a mousey museum worker after this.
I'm pretty sure Mon still works at the museum, and she's one of the most powerful beings in this comic. Think of it as a superhero-secret-identity sort of thing: Mousey museum worker by day, Ass-kicking Adventurer by night. :mrgreen:
being a Ass-kicking Adventurer, in no way gets in the way of being socially awkward, beside I think she like working in the museum!
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

cmdrpowers wrote:That's it...I teared up. Dammit, Paul, you're going to ruin my curmudgeonly reputation! :cry:
if you think this brings on the feels, just wait till the first time one of them calls Kath 'Mom'!!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Ohnhai wrote:if you think this brings on the feels, just wait till the first time one of them calls Kath 'Mommy'!!
FTFY
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

zachariah wrote: I wonder if MIB will take care of all the civilian paperwork for Kathy suddenly appearing with two kids in Wapsiland? Can you see the expression on the face of the first city social worker who arrives to check out the report Kathy suddenly has two kids?
from the way you say that, it sounds like we're all under constant surveillance of the "Big Brother" type... who would be filling out that "report" in the first place?.. though i have no doubt (figuratively... my demon is still here following all the rules of Demon-kind.) that that was what Katherine was talking about when she said that she was "authorized by MIB"... meaning that they will have already taken care of, or are going to be, taking care of that kind of paperwork as needed. and i'm sure that any housing inspections, etc, will be taken care of by MIB agents and not the "mundane" child welfare personnel.

Now, that's not to say that she's not going to have any problems with those two trying to fit in, in today's society!... nope, that's the subject for the NEXT arc of WapsiSquare... but i don't expect any paperwork problems of that sort.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
wwf

Post by wwf »

MIB will help with day-care and schooling?!?
Katherine knew the MIB owed her big time and would have to put up a lot to keep her in the MIB.
Katherine seems to have negotiated for and received a highly unusual retention bonus.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Wonder if the Friday cliff hanger will be a house warming party for Atsali and Castela to meet the rest of the gang at Kathryn's?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Castela - castel - castle, facial cracks, demon-like physiology, You don't suppose she could be a stone golem or troll?
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

I seriously need to read the last adventure in book form to be able to understand everything that happened. But I'm very glad that Atsali and "Pickle" will now have a place to call home... sweet touch.
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

scantrontb wrote: from the way you say that, it sounds like we're all under constant surveillance of the "Big Brother" type... who would be filling out that "report" in the first place?..
Now, that's not to say that she's not going to have any problems with those two trying to fit in, in today's society!... nope, that's the subject for the NEXT arc of WapsiSquare... but i don't expect any paperwork problems of that sort.
Not a big brother but a nosy neighbor that goes overboard. My daughter was reported to child services once when her youngest was with his father for the day and she went to pick up their oldest at the bus stop. She normally took the youngest with her and this day she didn't. The busybody reported her for leaving the young child home alone for 10 minutes. Took my daughter three months to get it cleared up and dropped. That type would call in a report about two children suddenly appearing at Kathy's place after Kathy has lived there for years as almost a recluse. Some people just go looking for a chance to do something like that. Then they feel all good about doing some good in the world and give no thought to finding out what really happened.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Aed

Post by Aed »

Timotheus wrote:Castela - castel - castle, facial cracks, demon-like physiology, You don't suppose she could be a stone golem or troll?
"Castela is a genus of thorny shrubs and small trees in the family Simaroubaceae. Members of the genus are native to the Americas, especially the tropical regions. The generic name honours the French naturalist René Richard Louis Castel." Wikipedia

I suspect that we are not seeing 'cracks', but thorny tendrils instead. Think nature spirit that is linked to a thorny shrub instead of a tree. If we consider how shrubs and trees reproduce in nature we may arrive at some insight as to "why" Castela was abandoned by parents. For her 'species' of supernatural that may be 'normal'. Castela may identify more with humanity than thorny shrub nature spirit. vOv

Oh, it is probably just me, but now I read Castela's lines and mentally hear a little girl with a French accent. I also see the large protrusions from the side of Castela's head as big thorns not demonic horns, but again that is just me.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Katherine is good people.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Aed wrote:"Castela is a genus of thorny shrubs and small trees in the family Simaroubaceae. Members of the genus are native to the Americas, especially the tropical regions. The generic name honours the French naturalist René Richard Louis Castel." Wikipedia
Thanks a lot, now I'm imagining Pickle torturing Kath by running around shouting "Ni!".
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

wwf wrote:
MIB will help with day-care and schooling?!?
Katherine knew the MIB owed her big time and would have to put up a lot to keep her in the MIB.
Katherine seems to have negotiated for and received a highly unusual retention bonus.
Kathy did not join the MIB, MIB joined her. Bud said that Kathy is one of the people they take care of and clean up after, and stay out of their way! So providing daycare and school for the kids is all part of the clean up services. Can't have the kids attracting attention can they. Expect Kathy's new place will have a built in portal for the kids to commute to and from school. So MIB does not get to give Kathy orders. Instead they will probably make requests of her to gain her aid and cooperation.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

:cry: :? :oops:

no. no..it's nothing. It's just that Lofthouse Fisherman's friend is a tad strong for such a wee little peppermint.. :sniff:
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Well, Katherine did say she wanted an adventure. Looks like shes got a great one --- for Life. Katherine Gilchrist. Atsali Gilchrist, Castela Gilchrist, yup, it works. ;)
That...sounds loverly..

Although, suddenly thought of something: How will the kids handle Kat's ehrm "peculiar" housewear (or lack thereof)?? :P

There's going to be some mighty adapting going on with both parties, kids & Kat.
but, why 42?
---------------
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Ohnhai wrote:
cmdrpowers wrote:That's it...I teared up. Dammit, Paul, you're going to ruin my curmudgeonly reputation! :cry:
if you think this brings on the feels, just wait till the first time one of them calls Kath 'Mom'!!
SHUT UP! NANANANIENANANA>> not hearin'ya...

awww.. crud... here I go again :( :cry: :oops:

Further explanation: A family friend has two adopted kids, one was older when adopted. 8 years to be precise. The Mother, as well as the father, still get happy tears when they recall the first time she called for "Mom"

Funny enough it was :"Môôôôm!! KayJay used-up the toilet paper again...!!" :lol:

My2Cents wrote:Wonder if the Friday cliff hanger will be a house warming party for Atsali and Castela to meet the rest of the gang at Kathryn's?
Ooh.. I would like that. I would lóve to see the kids'reaction to Shelly when she shows her Sphinxness. C' mon. Sphinxes are cool. And kids being kids, Bud's plasma-breath would be the coolest too.

Heck, it will be a kid's party where the entertainment does not need to be hired.
but, why 42?
---------------
trainer

Post by trainer »

I see the horns are transparent again.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Dave wrote:
zachariah wrote:
DilyV wrote:Um... Is Kath flashing upskirt in the next to last panel??!!
No. Paul doesn't do that type of fan service. He does Bikini's.
And not even that, in this story arc. Due to the nuclear explosion, there is no bikini at all to be seen.

(Pours some heavy water into the Pun Jar)
Better be glad you made an offering after that one!

I passed just north (on Hwy 380) of the Trinity site earlier this summer during a trip through New Mexico. It is a rather isolated area now, back in '45 even more so I would have to imagine.