And A Glass Of Milk 2013-07-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Yamara

Re: And A Glass Of Milk 2013-07-30

Post by Yamara »

Dave wrote:It probably bodes well for Pickle's eventual adoptability that she asked for a glass of milk and a brownie. It's a sign of near-humanity (and good taste).

Even among paranormals, it might be harder to find a really suitable home for a child who insists on having a warm cup of brimstone, and the kneecap of a sinner before toddling off to bed.
We don't know what's in the brownie, or from what animal the milk was extracted from.

Also, we don't yet know who from the Library is there to meet her.

And Yellowstone could go up at any second, but I'm not emotionally prepared for a Nudge that clean.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Julie

Post by Julie »

My thoughts EXACTLY! :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Julie

Post by Julie »

Mark N wrote:This facility seems more and more like a pleasant one. I would think that our negative expectations were unfounded after all.
I was thinking the same thing. Seems to me that perhaps they're just underfunded...or are in dire need of generous donations of new/better furniture for the kiddos.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave

Post by Dave »

davids4250 wrote:I hope we get to see the griffins at the zoo.
That would be great - I'd love to see how Paul portrays them.

They're almost never seen, even in fiction... quite rare. In fact, they're a highy endangered Mythic species, very close to extinction, and it's all our fault (humans, that is).

Back in the Midde Ages, military strategists were looking for quicker ways to beseige and conquer walled cities throughout Europe. The old "encircle, blockade, cut off their food and water supplies and starve them out" method took months or years... expensive, often as hard on the invading army as on the city. They tried catapulting burning bundles of wood and oil to start fires, and the bodies of plague victims to start epidemics, but these didn't always work.

Then, they thought of griffins. They'd capture griffins when they were asleep, tie them up securely, load one into a catapult or trebuchet, and launch it over the wall... the ropes would be cut when it was launched, and the griffin would land in the city, terrified and angry and capable of killing many city dwellers before it was finally slaughtered. The griffin rarely escaped alive.

The invading generals even figured out a way to launch two, three, or more griffins at once, tied together... they'd come down in the city in multiple locations at the same time, and overwhelm the defenders' fighters with dispersed violence.

This method of Mythic war rapidly wiped out the entire breeding stock of griffins in Europe, with only a few surviving in distant mountain regions, and the armies had to go back to older methods of warfare. The MIRV griffin show was off the air.

(drops a rare LP of the Fifth Army Chorus singing "It's Not Easy Being Green" into the Pun Jar)
dadman

Post by dadman »

Dave wrote:
davids4250 wrote:I hope we get to see the griffins at the zoo.
:: snip ::

This method of Mythic war rapidly wiped out the entire breeding stock of griffins in Europe, with only a few surviving in distant mountain regions, and the armies had to go back to older methods of warfare. The MIRV griffin show was off the air.

(drops a rare LP of the Fifth Army Chorus singing "It's Not Easy Being Green" into the Pun Jar)
Oh dear. :shock:

I think you've underpaid. ;)
Yo soy un papa.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Dave wrote:Then, they thought of griffins. They'd capture griffins when they were asleep, tie them up securely, load one into a catapult or trebuchet, and launch it over the wall... the ropes would be cut when it was launched, and the griffin would land in the city, terrified and angry and capable of killing many city dwellers before it was finally slaughtered. The griffin rarely escaped alive.

The invading generals even figured out a way to launch two, three, or more griffins at once, tied together... they'd come down in the city in multiple locations at the same time, and overwhelm the defenders' fighters with dispersed violence.
Ghengis Khan, having surrounded a city, asked tribute of 10,000 sparrows and 10,000 cats. The city complied. That night, Khan's army tied burning punks (a slow burning rope) to each of them, and released them all. The city was ashes by morning.

"I am the flail of God! What sinners you must be to deserve
me as your punishment!"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:This method of Mythic war rapidly wiped out the entire breeding stock of griffins in Europe, with only a few surviving in distant mountain regions, and the armies had to go back to older methods of warfare. The MIRV griffin show was off the air.

Dave, I love ya man...but you'd be able to smell that one under the ice in Minnesota in January...

Well played, Sir, well played...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Dave wrote:This method of Mythic war rapidly wiped out the entire breeding stock of griffins in Europe, with only a few surviving in distant mountain regions, and the armies had to go back to older methods of warfare. The MIRV griffin show was off the air.

Dave, I love ya man...but you'd be able to smell that one under the ice in Minnesota in January...

Actually it will melt the ice. But I will admit the MIRV Griffen show did rocket up the charts and came down just as rapidly. I heard when the star heard the show was canceled he went ballistic. Or should that be Ballista-ic?

Drops a copy of the lyrics to 'I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts' in the Jar.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:

Actually it will melt the ice. But I will admit the MIRV Griffen show did rocket up the charts and came down just as rapidly. I heard when the star heard the show was canceled he went ballistic. Or should that be Ballista-ic?

Drops a copy of the lyrics to 'I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts' in the Jar.
I believe after his show went off the air his production company was still rather involved in producing TV shows... Game Shows and the like, Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune being the two most notable. Jeopardy pretty much sum up Kath's adventure...

*drops a football painted like Stewie Griffin in the pun jar... there has to be a pun in my post somewhere...*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Did someone say they wanted to see baby Gryphons?
http://www.tigerknight.com/ss/7-6
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

scantrontb wrote:
Ohnhai wrote:I want to live in their world. Where colour, size,shape, species don't seem to matter....
not trying to be a party-pooper here, but... Heh, yeah right... Tell that to Lily and Suzie... Remember, you know, those two "shitty mosquitoes" that went into a frickin' LIBRARY and almost got KILLED just for walking in the DOOR!... tell THEM that their "species don't seem to matter"... and if you still believe that it doesn't, then I've got some ocean-front property in Oklahoma I'm willing to sell for cheap!, you interested? it's only a few bucks and acre...
way to spoil a pleasant thought :(
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Timotheus wrote:For some reason this old tune keeps popping up as I read the forum, so I'm posting it in hopes that will clear my mind of it.

You may very well be well bred
Lots of etiquette in your head
But there's always some special case, time or place
To forget etiquette
For instance:
Never smile at a crocodile
No, you can't get friendly with a crocodile
Don't be taken in by his welcome grin
He's imagining how well you'd fit within his skin
Never smile at a crocodile
Never dip your hat and stop to talk awhile
Never run, walk away, say good-night, not good-day
Clear the aisle but never smile at Mister Crocodile

On a more serious note I've tracked down a couple cases of Chocodiles on the black market for the confusion corner vending machine.
-!-
Chocodiles?!
*runs to the snack machine like a panicked Rigsby from Regular Show.*
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yamara wrote:We don't know what's in the brownie...
Umm... true. It might be a tasty soft chocolate-laced baked confection :) or it might be a small elf :shock:
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Dave wrote:It probably bodes well for Pickle's eventual adoptability that she asked for a glass of milk and a brownie. It's a sign of near-humanity (and good taste).
Not to mention that she's recovering from the hurt by Atsali.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Dave wrote:
Umm... true. It might be a tasty soft chocolate-laced baked confection :) or it might be a small elf :shock:
I hope it's not either Crunchy Frog or Spring Surprise. . . .
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Dave wrote:
As long as it is not a young Girl Scout.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Mark N wrote:
Dave wrote:
As long as it is not a young Girl Scout.
That puts Girl Scout cookies in a whole new light.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
as363

Post by as363 »

Still hope that it is Dr. Gilchrist that is waiting - but it's only going to be Wednesday - and Mr P. is never one to rush a reveal .
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

bmonk wrote:
Dave wrote:
I hope it's not either Crunchy Frog or Spring Surprise. . . .
Or Cockroach Cluster or Anthrax Ripple! What a hoot, hadn't thought of that sketch in a long time. Speaking of Monty (Python), earlier this evening I walked through the family room and was questioned by my daughter as to my activities. After several questions, her boyfriend (soon to be fiance) remarked "I don't think you expected the Spanish Inquisition" to which I replied "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition" and kept walking. Later I passed through the kitchen and as he was raiding the 'fridge, out of curiosity asked him if Cardinal Biggles meant anything. He replied "No" with a puzzled look on his face. And I had such high hopes for the young man. But after starting to explain the sketch, he remarked that he had seen the sketch but not through the ending, how that was possible I did not question. With him I have much work to do. Daughter, not so much. Holy Grail is high on her favorites list.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Hansontoons wrote: But after starting to explain the sketch, he remarked that he had seen the sketch but not through the ending...
The words are in English, but i don't understand. I'd stay in a burning building to finish the Spanish Inquisition sketch...(keep a wary eye on that boy) ;)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous