And A Glass Of Milk 2013-07-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

And A Glass Of Milk 2013-07-30

Post by Cheesy1 »

And a cookie! :D
zachariah

Re: And A Glass Of Milk 2013-07-30

Post by zachariah »

Guess who's going to get to go with Sali to the meeting.

Love Sali's 'Nooo' answer to the question if she should be in trouble. Everyone who's raised a teenager has heard that reply at some time or another.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Brownies and milk at bedtime?!
:shock:
I wanna stay there...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

It probably bodes well for Pickle's eventual adoptability that she asked for a glass of milk and a brownie. It's a sign of near-humanity (and good taste).

Even among paranormals, it might be harder to find a really suitable home for a child who insists on having a warm cup of brimstone, and the kneecap of a sinner before toddling off to bed.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:Even among paranormals, it might be harder to find a really suitable home for a child who insists on having a warm cup of brimstone, and the kneecap of a sinner before toddling off to bed.
It all depends on the home. The real trick is getting through the home inspections...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Dave wrote:Even among paranormals, it might be harder to find a really suitable home for a child who insists on having a warm cup of brimstone, and the kneecap of a sinner before toddling off to bed.
It all depends on the home. The real trick is getting through the home inspections...
Great Ghu, do you ever have that right! Some friends of ours applied to adopt a cat (feral, used as a pellet-gun target by parties unknown on at least two occasions, rescued, ruined leg amputated, weeks of physical therapy prior to adoption) and they had two or three home inspections before being judged suitable.

One can only wonder at the requirements for adopting a paranormal of Pickle's clan!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

This facility seems more and more like a pleasant one. I would think that our negative expectations were unfounded after all.

I also seems to be getting a feeling that taking Atsali away abruptly might have been in the plan to get the Pickles in the mix.
Last edited by Mark N on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:It probably bodes well for Pickle's eventual adoptability that she asked for a glass of milk and a brownie. It's a sign of near-humanity (and good taste).

Even among paranormals, it might be harder to find a really suitable home for a child who insists on having a warm cup of brimstone, and the kneecap of a sinner before toddling off to bed.
I 'relish' the fact that pickle is going to the meeting with Atsali! She's so sweet!!!!

*slips a jar of vlassic pickle relish in the pun jar*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

I want to live in their world. Where colour, size,shape, species don't seem to matter....
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Ohnhai wrote:I want to live in their world. Where colour, size,shape, species don't seem to matter....
not trying to be a party-pooper here, but... Heh, yeah right... Tell that to Lily and Suzie... Remember, you know, those two "shitty mosquitoes" that went into a frickin' LIBRARY and almost got KILLED just for walking in the DOOR!... tell THEM that their "species don't seem to matter"... and if you still believe that it doesn't, then I've got some ocean-front property in Oklahoma I'm willing to sell for cheap!, you interested? it's only a few bucks and acre...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
pcj70

Post by pcj70 »

scantrontb wrote:
Ohnhai wrote:I want to live in their world. Where colour, size,shape, species don't seem to matter....
not trying to be a party-pooper here, but... Heh, yeah right... Tell that to Lily and Suzie... Remember, you know, those two "shitty mosquitoes" that went into a frickin' LIBRARY and almost got KILLED just for walking in the DOOR!... tell THEM that their "species don't seem to matter"... and if you still believe that it doesn't, then I've got some ocean-front property in Oklahoma I'm willing to sell for cheap!, you interested? it's only a few bucks and acre...
harsh but true, BUT most of the main protagonists are pretty open minded, and the ones who are not, are making some small effort to be more inclusive - look at Sphinx not eating Tina for example
CptNerd

Post by CptNerd »

So, what happened to Castela's "tattoos"? I'm wondering if her anger/sadness burned them off?
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Don't think they are tattoos. I think she is/will be a very interesting character. I like her - and Mr. Meadows.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Also, Paul seems to vary the amount of detail in his drawings. Just because we don't see something in a specific frame doesn't mean it is literally gone, just that the detail wasn't deemed significant enough to need to be shown every single time. Same deal with Atsali's freckles. (that's my guess anyway)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
pcj70

Post by pcj70 »

does Mr. Meadows remind anyone else of Alexander the alligator, from Alexander and the magic mouse? :)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Great Ghu, do you ever have that right! Some friends of ours applied to adopt a cat (feral, used as a pellet-gun target by parties unknown on at least two occasions, rescued, ruined leg amputated, weeks of physical therapy prior to adoption) and they had two or three home inspections before being judged suitable.

One can only wonder at the requirements for adopting a paranormal of Pickle's clan!
We were foster parents for several years and the requirements are very strict to qualify. But once qualified they never checked again. Makes you wonder how good the system really is. There really should be yearly checks on foster parents and their circumstances with an unscheduled visit.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

*/snicker* I read that to my son as a bedtime story last night...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

For some reason this old tune keeps popping up as I read the forum, so I'm posting it in hopes that will clear my mind of it.

You may very well be well bred
Lots of etiquette in your head
But there's always some special case, time or place
To forget etiquette
For instance:
Never smile at a crocodile
No, you can't get friendly with a crocodile
Don't be taken in by his welcome grin
He's imagining how well you'd fit within his skin
Never smile at a crocodile
Never dip your hat and stop to talk awhile
Never run, walk away, say good-night, not good-day
Clear the aisle but never smile at Mister Crocodile

On a more serious note I've tracked down a couple cases of Chocodiles on the black market for the confusion corner vending machine.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Timotheus wrote:For some reason this old tune keeps popping up as I read the forum, so I'm posting it in hopes that will clear my mind of it.

You may very well be well bred
Lots of etiquette in your head...
Been thinking the same thing for a couple of days. I believe Mr. Meadows is probably a little more trustworthy than Tic-Toc though.
I hope we get to see the griffins at the zoo.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced