Stay Out Of Her Way 2013-07-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Stay Out Of Her Way 2013-07-18

Post by shadowinthelight »

So elder gods do have some movement. This opens up all sorts of possibilities.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Re: Stay Out Of Her Way 2013-07-18

Post by Fairportfan »

Yay! Katherine gets her Greys, officially!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Still three highlights in each of Katherine's eyes. For a total of six.

Not proving to be a good day for Tsillah.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Interesting. Covered up Kathy change in mood by a blast at Tsillah for not looking for Sali. A bit unfair as they just were roasting her for the games she was playing.

Surprise that Kathy was given that status for helping Monica. Her help was not very large in the over all solution. Unless things happened we didn't know about. I'll bet Kathy didn't know about her status either. I wonder if it was solely based on the fact Monica told Kathy about it. So there can be several people who have that status that have not been told about it. Kevin would fit the Bill as well as Amanda.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Fairportfan wrote:Yay! Katherine gets her Greys, officially!
No she doesn't. She just gets left alone by MIB. True grey status would put her beyond all laws and rules. That is not what she has. Nor has she shown the required qualities to merit it. Besides I bet Oscar doesn't like grey as it clashes with his scales.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I bet the Nu Gui was a lawyer at heart. Even when it set up the grid it still left loopholes in the contract. She wasn't a programmer because the backdoor would require an access code only it knew.

The library controls access through the grid??? How did that come about? Who made the decision to make it the traffic cop? And why let that happen at all?
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Tsillah tried to do good with the brashness of youth. I feel for her. Getting the smackdown from a Dr. is not fun.

I still believe she meant well, but, as youth goes, didn't realize that decisions can have far-reaching consequences.

And Kat? Well, Kat's "momma-bear"-instincts have kicked-in good, but she also shows a remarkable ability to keep a clear head under duresse. A bit like Bud. They could be sisters.

Aand, it's great to see the recluse spider-woman finally connecting for real with the world around her.

I'm rambling, but this story has só much going for it. can't wait for the rest of it (and the moment Atsali starts living with Momma-Kat)
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Tsillah: "With Miss Acacia's approval, I was instructed to invite you on board..."
Easier to ask forgiveness rather than permission, eh?

Kath: "Yeah, I'll have to think about that."
Makes "She was going to accept" a lo-o-o-o-ng stretch.

You sure Tsillah isn't a politician?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:I bet the Nu Gui was a lawyer at heart. Even when it set up the grid it still left loopholes in the contract. She wasn't a programmer because the backdoor would require an access code only it knew.

The library controls access through the grid??? How did that come about? Who made the decision to make it the traffic cop? And why let that happen at all?
Loopholes? Sounds like Loop-triangles to me... *ducks*

Not sure at this point we have any proof to say there was a backdoor installed in the system unless you count the triangles as back doors... unintended as they were/are.

Before Tsillah says another word or does anything else, she really needs to resolve the Atsali issue for Kath. How many more of those looks can she (Tsillah) withstand? I am beginning to wonder about those eye highlights too... it might be a coincidence... but it's a fitting coincidence under the circumstances.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

zachariah wrote:Besides I bet Oscar doesn't like grey as it clashes with his scales.
Yes. We saw how colorful Oscar is. ;)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

AmriloJim wrote:Tsillah: "With Miss Acacia's approval, I was instructed to invite you on board..."
Easier to ask forgiveness rather than permission, eh?

Kath: "Yeah, I'll have to think about that."
Makes "She was going to accept" a lo-o-o-o-ng stretch.

You sure Tsillah isn't a politician?
Her control of Shadow Theater just proves she is a politician (she just does not have the nuance down yet.)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Locuran

Post by Locuran »

It doesn't appear Kat's help in the Calendar arc was very significant, which means her status came about one of two ways as far as I can guess. One, anyone who helped in any slight way had a change in status in regards to MIB. Two, Kat's status changed when she was introduced to the library. The latter I say because we keep discovering new pies the library has its fingers in, so I wouldn't say it's too farfetched to discover it's somehow involved in MIB as well. But either way, wouldn't that put Shelly in a similar status, given either her involvement or her having gone to the library as well.

On one hand, going off track a bit, I feel a little sorry for Tsillah, but on the other, it was a bit presumptuous of her to say Kats was going to accept, given Kat said she'd have to think about it.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Locuran wrote:On one hand, going off track a bit, I feel a little sorry for Tsillah, but on the other, it was a bit presumptuous of her to say Kats was going to accept, given Kat said she'd have to think about it.
Tsillah twisting what was said to Kath to fit her liking is a very standard political move. Take the unsure facts and make them fit your political needs.
Last edited by Mark N on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Jay-Em wrote:Tsillah tried to do good with the brashness of youth. I feel for her. Getting the smackdown from a Dr. is not fun.

I still believe she meant well, but, as youth goes, didn't realize that decisions can have far-reaching consequences.

And Kat? Well, Kat's "momma-bear"-instincts have kicked-in good, but she also shows a remarkable ability to keep a clear head under duresse. A bit like Bud. They could be sisters.

Aand, it's great to see the recluse spider-woman finally connecting for real with the world around her.

I'm rambling, but this story has só much going for it. can't wait for the rest of it (and the moment Atsali starts living with Momma-Kat)
Looking back at how Kath was, then realizing there is no going back to the recluse she once was. This was a big step in the evolution of Dr. Katherine Gilchrist... Monica is going to be shocked at the change. OMG... How is Tepoz going to react? LOL

Remember her conversation with Oscar about having a good Butt Day? Imagine that conversation now...

Oscar: grrrglblup!!!

Kath: No Oscar... I'm having a fantastic ass day! But thank you for noticing!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

zachariah wrote:Interesting. Covered up Kathy change in mood by a blast at Tsillah for not looking for Sali. A bit unfair as they just were roasting her for the games she was playing.

Surprise that Kathy was given that status for helping Monica. Her help was not very large in the over all solution. Unless things happened we didn't know about. I'll bet Kathy didn't know about her status either. I wonder if it was solely based on the fact Monica told Kathy about it. So there can be several people who have that status that have not been told about it. Kevin would fit the Bill as well as Amanda.
Bud needs Kathryn’s assistance on this problem they have identified. And since she knows Kathryn that Tsillah’s statement is likely to trigger an anti-manipulation response in Kathryn and make her refuse. Also they both think Tsillah is holding out on them. Finally this makes Tsillah look like an ‘apple polisher’ trying to look good to Bud by drafting Kathryn.

So elevating Kathryn’s status is Bud’s way of slapping down Tsillah.

If this line of reasoning is correct Tsillah will be back with Atsali double quick to butter up to her new boss. Bud also wants Tsillah to leave because they can’t trust Tsillah and need her to leave while they plan.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

I like fistey Kath.. (it's always the quiet ones :) )
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

So. Where. Is. ATSALI!?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

My2Cents wrote:
zachariah wrote:Interesting. Covered up Kathy change in mood by a blast at Tsillah for not looking for Sali. A bit unfair as they just were roasting her for the games she was playing.

Bud needs Kathryn’s assistance on this problem they have identified. And since she knows Kathryn that Tsillah’s statement is likely to trigger an anti-manipulation response in Kathryn and make her refuse. Also they both think Tsillah is holding out on them. Finally this makes Tsillah look like an ‘apple polisher’ trying to look good to Bud by drafting Kathryn.

So elevating Kathryn’s status is Bud’s way of slapping down Tsillah.

If this line of reasoning is correct Tsillah will be back with Atsali double quick to butter up to her new boss. Bud also wants Tsillah to leave because they can’t trust Tsillah and need her to leave while they plan.
Kathy is not Tsillah's boss. She is not in MIB, nor will she ever be in MIB. She is one of the people MIB is tasked to track and clean up after. She is actually one of MIB customers. Customers have higher status than a boss and the customer is always right. (Or so they think, when they pause to think that is.)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

TheDOCTOR wrote:So. Where. Is. ATSALI!?
At the orphanage curled up with a favorite adventure book crying her eyes out and filled with teenage angst at being abandoned again. They never gave Kathy a chance to tell Sali she will not be thrown away by Kathy.
CptNerd

Post by CptNerd »

zachariah wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:So. Where. Is. ATSALI!?
At the orphanage curled up with a favorite adventure book crying her eyes out and filled with teenage angst at being abandoned again. They never gave Kathy a chance to tell Sali she will not be thrown away by Kathy.
Grownups are so unfair, and they just don't understand...