Happy 4th of July 2013-7-4

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Re: Happy 4th of July 2013-7-4

Post by MerchManDan »

Mmm. I may not own a car, but I'm certainly feeling dirty. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Here's hoping that everyone who celebrated the holiday had a great time, and managed not to blow up anything important this time. :lol:
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Cyberpawz

Post by Cyberpawz »

Aleister Crow wrote:Here's hoping that everyone who celebrated the holiday had a great time, and managed not to blow up anything important this time. :lol:
What's the fun in that? I scared the neighbors with mine... Caused a mushroom cloud in my back yard... had a few interested people involved after the fact. Thankfully I'm here to say no jail time, especially since it as all smoke after the fire ball went away that was ;)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Apparently the boss took the holiday weekend off.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
eee

Post by eee »

Cyberpawz wrote:
Aleister Crow wrote:Here's hoping that everyone who celebrated the holiday had a great time, and managed not to blow up anything important this time. :lol:
What's the fun in that? I scared the neighbors with mine... Caused a mushroom cloud in my back yard... had a few interested people involved after the fact. Thankfully I'm here to say no jail time, especially since it as all smoke after the fire ball went away that was ;)
Did you come running out in a cap with side flaps and start telling the police about the aliens you done seen setting off them there fireworks? :lol:
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

jwhouk wrote:Apparently the boss took the holiday weekend off.
Yup, not even with a word of warning. Ah well, he's earned a break.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Cyberpawz

Post by Cyberpawz »

eee wrote:
Cyberpawz wrote:
Did you come running out in a cap with side flaps and start telling the police about the aliens you done seen setting off them there fireworks? :lol:
Lol, naw. Just ended up saying sorry, I knew the officer that was there. They know I tend to dabble with gunpowder and other fun stuff ;)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

DilyV wrote:It's been raining all day here... *sighs* If it was sunny, I'd put on shorts and a bikini top like Monica and Wash my truck... Something tells me that a Wapsi Square car wash with Monica, Shelly, Amanda, Bud, Brandi, Jin, May, Phix and Tina would devolve into a water and soap suds fight that would leave half the population of Wapsi Square in the hospital with irregular heart rhythms...... hehehe
"Would you like your undercarriage done? HEY< JACK!"
*Shelly comes running up*
"I thought your name was Shelly, not Jack."
"Oh, Jack's not my name, "jack" is my job!"
*proceeds to lift car over her head*
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Good Muppet reference! :D
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Post by Dave »

Lotsa fun... did public-safety amateur-radio communications for a local city's fireworks display, which meant hanging out in the launch/fall-out zone in fireman's wildland jacket and hard hat. Didn't get to actually fire anything myself, but had big fragments of 4" cardboard mortar shells falling to the ground all around me... some still trailing hot coals. Never been so close before... quite a thrill :D and the city event went well... nobody injured, no fires, no lost children or body parts.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I stopped messing with amateur fireworks back in college. The unofficial chemistry and physics club would make up some pyrotechnics for various celebrations and launch them over the campus quad for effect. Our Junior year we got our hands on an Estes V-2 rocket model with a camera and parachute that the owner didn't want any more. We cast a hollow explosive charge that weighed the same as the camera and parachute and replaced them with it in the nose of the model and then added a shock sensitive explosive detonator to the top so it would go boom when it landed. We then aimed it out the third floor window of the junior dorm over the football field toward the last cornfield in the area.

With "Frue Morgan Wir Bomben Auf England" playing on the stereo, our V-2 was launched, unfortunately it was meant to be launched vertically not at an angle so it immediately veered off course toward the tree line between the quad and the football field, landed in a pine tree, and did what it was supposed to.

Apparently, according to our post mortum, we were off an order of magnitude on the yield calculations as well, as the whole pine tree went up in flames and windows were rattled in the monastery across the road. That's the only time I've actually seen people from the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms respond to a fire. Thankfully the campus had no security cameras and the code of silence held. But word came down from Dean Weinlander (Ex Marine Col and Korean War Vet) that there had better never be a repeat, so a vow was made to lay off self propelled explosives and home made demolition charges on campus.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Timotheus wrote:Apparently, according to our post mortum, we were off an order of magnitude on the yield calculations as well, as the whole pine tree went up in flames and windows were rattled in the monastery across the road. That's the only time I've actually seen people from the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms respond to a fire. Thankfully the campus had no security cameras and the code of silence held. But word came down from Dean Weinlander (Ex Marine Col and Korean War Vet) that there had better never be a repeat, so a vow was made to lay off self propelled explosives and home made demolition charges on campus.
Good story--but was that monastery Benedictine? And, if it was, what state???
Last edited by bmonk on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Um, I plead the fifth. And it had nothing to do with root beer.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?