Set Adrift 2013-07-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Re: Set Adrift 2013-07-01

Post by shadowinthelight »

That's still a little different from popular vampire lore. Usually there is an invisible barrier the vampire can't cross until invited. It seems Wapsipires can enter, but it would be very dangerous for them if the person is innocent, not so if guilty.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

scantrontb wrote:totally off topic, but does anyone ELSE hear Atsali's voice as it was done by Majel Barrett, as the voice of the Enterprise Computer in Classic Star Trek? [Computer, i'd like a cup of coffee... "WORKING... bzzt, bzzt... swoosh (replicator door slides open)"] the whole "WORKING" just clicks for me... and whenever she talking in her normal non-computery voice, i hear Reba McEntire...
The way Atsali say "Processing" is the way Brent Spiners' DATA said "Accessing".
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

TheDOCTOR wrote:
scantrontb wrote:totally off topic, but does anyone ELSE hear Atsali's voice as it was done by Majel Barrett, as the voice of the Enterprise Computer in Classic Star Trek? [Computer, i'd like a cup of coffee... "WORKING... bzzt, bzzt... swoosh (replicator door slides open)"] the whole "WORKING" just clicks for me... and whenever she talking in her normal non-computery voice, i hear Reba McEntire...
The way Atsali say "Processing" is the way Brent Spiners' DATA said "Accessing".
Data in form but in sound I would picture Summer Glau or Chloe Grace Moretz.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Aleister Crow wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Thought: Lily was the only one of the six women in the desert who became a vampire because they died one by one until she was the last one left. Her memory kept the others from turning but there was no one left to remember her.
It's a good theory, but they lost each other in a dust storm. Lily died after she was separated from the rest. We don't know what happened to the others; for all we know, they lived. In fact, their survival would go a long way to explaining the connection between the Etheitians and the Anasazi.
It is more likely that the connection between the Etheitians and the Anasazi is more that the archeologists gave a name to a people that there is no living descendant to correct them.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.