Six Special Women 2013-06-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
KnightDelight

Re: Six Special Women 2013-06-28

Post by KnightDelight »

scantrontb wrote:while we may never know ALL the details... i would LOVE to see the AFTERMATH of this when Brandi goes into work on Monday morning... and I can just about guarantee that SDO has NOT YET mailed those emails to the two Generals for the cover-up... and what a field day THAT will be!!
Most likely compiling the data and sending the emails would have been a task assigned to some underling already, so it's likely that will still go as planned. But who will take SDO's place in covering up the truth for the generals and the like? An understudy? Or maybe Brandi, pretending to be SDO, will have to take on at least that part of SDO's role. Or perhaps introduce someone else who will be the replacement. We may never know since this probably isn't a major plot point where Paul is concerned. Bigger fish to fry.

For that matter, how many other parts of SDO's plan(s) are still ongoing? Parts which will carry on to conclusion even with her/it gone. The gang can still be in for some major surprises even though NG is locked away. The chess game may be far from over, despite the capture of the Queen.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

So here's a question that I don't think I've seen answered anywhere. Where's Jin?

Brandi said that Bud and Jin had been deployed to other locations to wait for Kathrine and Atsali and would be proceeding to Mesa Verde to meet up. I assume that SDO had set that whole thing up so that she/Brandi were the ones to run into Katherine but Bud pretty much confirmed (in conjunction with the title of that day's comic) that Brandi's version of events did happen and she was on her way to Mesa Verde. So what happened to Jin?
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

GuySmiley wrote:So here's a question that I don't think I've seen answered anywhere. Where's Jin?

Brandi said that Bud and Jin had been deployed to other locations to wait for Kathrine and Atsali and would be proceeding to Mesa Verde to meet up. I assume that SDO had set that whole thing up so that she/Brandi were the ones to run into Katherine but Bud pretty much confirmed (in conjunction with the title of that day's comic) that Brandi's version of events did happen and she was on her way to Mesa Verde. So what happened to Jin?
Yes... Jin was conveniently sent elsewhere... as was everyone else... Bud just happened to get redirected in mid poit, thank goodness for Kath and Atsali.

In answer to your signature: "Or Should I?"

I'm a die hard Ghost in the Shell fan from way back. I have the original movie, both seasons of SAC and the two movies since, Innocence and Solid State Society.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

DilyV wrote:In answer to your signature: "Or Should I?"

I'm a die hard Ghost in the Shell fan from way back. I have the original movie, both seasons of SAC and the two movies since, Innocence and Solid State Society.
Sadly, I own all of those as well, but I've only watched the original movie and the first season of Stand Alone Complex. Everything else has been in my 'to watch' list for an eternity. I really should start working on that list again instead of mindlessly watching reruns on Discovery channel all the time. :oops:
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Sidhekin wrote:
scantrontb wrote: and for that matter: what the HECK is "MIB"?... "
Funny, but "sweet" Brandi is well aware of the MiB: "I was told to meet the new Men in Black agents at Mesa Verde, supposedly, they'll know me when they see me."

(And since my fingers twitched typing that: Can I buy Brandi a full stop or at least a semicolon?)
AH!, you're correct, i forgot about that scene... however it may also be something like "The President of the United States"... we "know" what he does, "he signs bills into laws, and veto's others, and meets with other countries heads of states or ambassadors...." but the actual individual day-to-day stuff is a vague nebulous cloud of "he does stuff and goes to lots of meeting"... that may have been the way she meant that statement... to ME, i think she was (and still is) totally in the dark as to exactly who the new recruits were... only that "they would supposedly already know her" and that when she saw Katherine, she was hopeful that she was the new recruit... to me that shows that Brandi does NOT know about the day-to-day minutia of the MIB, but that she only has the "generic" knowledge of the organization as a whole, similar to the way we know about what the President does in that job... and I'll bet that Bud has more of a working knowledge about the day-to-day stuff than Brandi does... namely because of Thup / SDO and her censoring of Brandi's knowledge base (as per "the deal" as far as we currently know at this time...) either way, it would be fun to hear both side of that hypothetical phone conversation, huh?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I still have a strong feeling that the Nu ghi is not the final link in the chain. Brandi made a deal, and the Nu Ghi was what she got to carry out the deal. What she didn't know is what else the Nu Ghi was going to do besides her part of the deal using her abilities. There is yet another level of chess masters above the Nu Ghi that were pulling its strings and who knows how many others.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

DilyV wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:So here's a question that I don't think I've seen answered anywhere. Where's Jin?

Yes... Jin was conveniently sent elsewhere... as was everyone else... Bud just happened to get redirected in mid poit, thank goodness for Kath and Atsali.
It had to be Bud that was redirected- thanks to her recent "upgrade", Jin wouldn't have survived the meltdown.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Julie

Post by Julie »

KnightDelight wrote:
DilyV wrote:I do have to say though that there are a lot of loose ends to tie up here... namely the MiB kids (the helicopter crews and others that disappeared from mesa verde).
Right. And who/what was she talking about here? http://wapsisquare.com/comic/a-mortal-descendant/ I thought it was Kath, but it seems SDO was trying to kill her and thought she had. Why would she try to kill her creation, unless that wasn't who she was referring to.
Ooo...I'd forgotten about that! :) Another thing to hold in memory until we learn more in 5 years!! :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."