Six Special Women 2013-06-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Six Special Women 2013-06-28

Post by Dave »

So... six legs of the spider, six children from six special women combine to create Katherine to defeat the evil "baby". Not the most usual spider (they usually have eight legs) but it look as if she is The One this time around.

And Brandi somehow out-chessmastered the Chessmaster.

"It was the six of us". Does this mean at least one of Kath's other mothers was still inside the storage system when it dumped its information into Atsali, and she is speaking for her/them? Or is she referring to Lily and Suzi, herself and Kath, Brandi and Bud?
Last edited by Dave on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DilyV

Re: Six Special Women 2013-06-28

Post by DilyV »

We've seen everything but the spider... be afraid... be very afraid!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:So... six legs of the spider, six children from six special women combine to create Katherine to defeat the evil "baby".

Interesting spider if it only has six legs, i must say.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Another thought - is Atsali going to have to forget all about Katharine so she doesn't burn up?
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

We haven't seen the spider? I thought it was Katherine the Recluse?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
pcj70

Post by pcj70 »

Fairportfan wrote:Another thought - is Atsali going to have to forget all about Katharine so she doesn't burn up?
I think knowing that you are related, and remembering some one, are different things. Also, I think although Atsali had to be forgotten, to become a vampire - nothing about being later being found (remembered or remembering) has been stated.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

And now, plot resolution plus exposition! Stand by for cookies!

Unless, of course, they missed something.

Well? Did they?

tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick.....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
displaced

Post by displaced »

I think knowing that you are related, and remembering some one, are different things. Also, I think although Atsali had to be forgotten, to become a vampire - nothing about being later being found (remembered or remembering) has been stated.
I would have to agree with this, it's almost like saying that if you dropped a rock on your foot and you broke it, if you picked the rock up is you foot fixed? another thing is that the only cure I know of for being a vampire is a stake through the heart and that's not a cure, that's a true death. now I know that Paul has other ways of thinking on vampires so I'm not sure if this assumption is correct but that's the way I would see this right now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I said yesterday that the vase was evasive.

I was wrong.

It's a pottery prophecy,
Spun of clay, made to say

"There's a task, in this flask,
Maddened soul, on this bowl.
Shall come six, who can fix
all the fuss, of succubus.
Desert death, bring new life,
Recluse Woman, end the strife."

Like most prophesies, it's a lot easier to understand after the events have played out.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:So... six legs of the spider, six children from six special women combine to create Katherine to defeat the evil "baby". Not the most usual spider (they usually have eight legs) but it look as if she is The One this time around.
??? The spider on the vase has eight legs, it is just hard to make out.
"It was the six of us". Does this mean at least one of Kath's other mothers was still inside the storage system when it dumped its information into Atsali, and she is speaking for her/them? Or is she referring to Lily and Suzi, herself and Kath, Brandi and Bud?
Yes it the six are Lily, Suzi, Atsali, Kath, Brandi, and Bud. If you look at the Lost Dolls illustration, one of the dolls even has feathers.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

AHA!!! It was a prophecy all along! NOW things are indeed clearing up. Sort of.

- Somebody (Lanthian, Etheitian, other) predicted the defeat of the nu gui at the hands of six women. This prophecy becomes part of the culture, enough for it to be retold in clay (the pot and the seven dolls).
- Six Etheitian women undergo fertility treatments, all become pregnant with quadruplets. Probably coincidence that there's six of them, but still important that they have quads: The population storage system could only handle mothers pregnant with triplets. Since Brandi designed it to do that, it may NOT be coincidence that quadruplets happened. Maybe she knew somehow that these "extra" babies would be combined & then held in stasis, and her hysterics at the discovery was an act.
- In an apparent effort to thwart the prophecy & allow the nu gui to continue, somebody (Etheitian, Anasazi, other) rounded up Pratt & five other women and left them in the desert to die. Strong chance this is the work of the Chess Master, but not known (by me, anyway) for sure.

So. Two vampires, two golems, a siren and a woman who IS the very definition of E Pluribus Unum. Six special women defeat an evil, born of an innocents death. Damn, what a story! I love it! :mrgreen:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
ShadOBabe

Post by ShadOBabe »

*plays Eden Eternal in Confusion Corner*
... Hey neat, I unlocked Blade Dancer Class.
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

Gah. Paul did it again. Not only did he pull the rug out from under us, He replaced with another rug. Bravo, Paul. Bravo.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

shadowinthelight wrote:If you look at the Lost Dolls illustration, one of the dolls even has feathers.
Ooh, neat!

Any identifying features on the others? I cannot quite make out anything other than possibly bees on #3, and I'm not sure which one that would identify ... (honey?)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

pcj70 wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Another thought - is Atsali going to have to forget all about Katharine so she doesn't burn up?
Dcotor Who reference - how they wrote Donna out of the show.

She got the Doctor's memories and abilities imprinted on her brain, but her brain and body weren't built to take it; only by completely blocking that part of her mind and abilities - and any memories of the Doctor - could the Doctor prevent her from literally going up in flames from the overload.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

Fairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:So... six legs of the spider, six children from six special women combine to create Katherine to defeat the evil "baby".

Interesting spider if it only has six legs, i must say.
lots of six legs spiders in google... :p
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

pcj70 wrote:I think knowing that you are related, and remembering some one, are different things. Also, I think although Atsali had to be forgotten, to become a vampire - nothing about being later being found (remembered or remembering) has been stated.

nah, Atsali is the Siren/computer combo Lily is the one that died alone and forgotten, turning into a vampire
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

So instead of an action packed Friday Cliffhanger, We get an emotionally charged Friday Cliffhanger.

Will Katherine be wierded out that her mom is a vampire?

Will Lily finally have some real conection to the world now that she knows she has a living flesh and blood daughter?

Will Atsali stop blathering about unrelated subjects while doing info dumps? (not likely)

Will Monica make an appearance before the end of July.

Tune in for HUGS!

Tune in for HAPPY TEARS!

tune in to the next exciting episode of Wapsi Square!
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Sidhekin wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:If you look at the Lost Dolls illustration, one of the dolls even has feathers.
Ooh, neat!

Any identifying features on the others? I cannot quite make out anything other than possibly bees on #3, and I'm not sure which one that would identify ... (honey?)
Well, if the six dolls reference our Secrets Six (and not the six mothers),

my guess is the bees doll is Katherine.

Six sides to the hexadecimal honeycomb and the seven bees* could be the six babies + the one they became?

* yes I do see the eighth bee but .... um .... Look!, what that over THERE?

[end post]
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

The story takes a sharp left turn across traffic into the outer limits lane.

Lily looks like Kathy's mom, this does not mean she is. Probably an aunt, or a cousin.
The babies had nothing to do with defeating the Nu Gui, who is now a succubus. Sorry but I like Drusilla a lot better than this one.
It was the six women who would defeat it.
Brandi's title will now change from the Chess Master to the Mess Master.
The library still doesn't have the data it wants as it is all in Sali's head. No problem as there is a lot of spare room in there.
There is no spider to sit down beside her.

Now what part did the two vamps actually play in this. Apparently their only purpose was to grab th crystal buffer and stuff it into McBrides storage compartment. They should complain if that is all they did. Monica could have done it much better than McBride did.

The big question is how much of this is misdirection? We know every one lies or hides the truth here. So what proof is there that Sali is speaking it fromthe computer files in er ead?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.