In Store For 2013-06-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Julie

Re: In Store For 2013-06-27

Post by Julie »

Wow...Atsali is about as tactful in revealing familial links as Bia. :P (though she's twice as confusing)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

eee wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I've put up several cork boards with lots of colored pins, colored yarn, and colored post-it notes in the confusion corner. Whoever's relationship diagram is the most artistic will have it lacquered and framed to be presented to Paul as a thank you gift.
No, no, no! The relationship diagram must fit on a single cork board! And why does this one orange string wrap around the table lamp twice as it jumps from board one to three?
Can we use more than four dimensions? ;)
I was thinking the same thing.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dale

Post by Dale »

"Is this the kind of assignments..." should be 'Is this the kind of assignment...' because 'this' is singular.
Alternatively the plural: 'Are these the kind of assignments...'

This has been an uninteresting grammar break, please return to the regular intelligent discussion.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

shadowinthelight wrote:Kath can assimilate me any day. ;)
KnightDelight wrote:If Kath adopts Atsali like we hope, this will make one heck of a family. Good luck sorting out that family tree in later generations.
I imagine it would look more like a mangrove swamp.
Mangrove swamp? no more like a banyan tree. :lol:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dale wrote:"Is this the kind of assignments..." should be 'Is this the kind of assignment...' because 'this' is singular.
Or, she could perhaps have been less polite:

"Is this the kind of s*** we're going to wading through now?"

I don't wonder that they're concerned. Dangerous Directors, exploding helicopters, mummy-golems throwing murderous sucker-punches, ravening ago-old vengeful succubi, unexpected reunions with children you didn't know you had...

... and it sounds as if they, and Ms. Katherine One-Of-Six, may all be required to trade in their tasteful business dress for highly-revealing spray-on-latex fanservice Borg bodysuits.

I suppose that latter qualifies as "making the bust of a bawd situation" but it's stlll a lot for these two poor bruised-and-shocked vampires to have to put up with.

(drops the collective from one of those exploded helicopters into the Pun Jar)
dex drako

Post by dex drako »

Julie wrote:Wow...Atsali is about as tactful in revealing familial links as Bia. :P (though she's twice as confusing)
I second this post. lol
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

dex drako wrote:
Julie wrote:Wow...Atsali is about as tactful in revealing familial links as Bia. :P (though she's twice as confusing)
I second this post. lol
Of course, Nudge was the one who really dropped the bomb there.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

AmriloJim wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I've put up several cork boards with lots of colored pins, colored yarn, and colored post-it notes in the confusion corner. Whoever's relationship diagram is the most artistic will have it lacquered and framed to be presented to Paul as a thank you gift.
No, no, no! The relationship diagram must fit on a single cork board! And why does this one orange string wrap around the table lamp twice as it jumps from board one to three?
Because of a twisted sense of humor.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Skywatcher68

Post by Skywatcher68 »

Sidhekin wrote:six of one, half a dozen of the other ...
Wrong show. :D
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Now the Hollywood happy ending.
Lilly is Kathy's second cousin 5000 times removed, or her mother who now had a serious drinking problem, basicily what is she drinking?
Sali will get adopted by Kathy. Then Sali will call Lilly Grandma in another attack on the assistance of tact. Then a big squeeeel for Kathy.
Brandi apologizes for being a meany.
Bud Buys McBride a new bra with a larger hidden pocket.

Roll Credits....
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
dex drako wrote:
I second this post. lol
Of course, Nudge was the one who really dropped the bomb there.
I'd say Shelly got carpet-bombed in stereo that day, learning the truth about both sides of her family tree.

But, yeah, Atsali continues to demonstrate that when they introduced the subjects of "tact" and "grace" in school, she was out sick that day and never got around to doing the make-up work. Having the accumulated knowledge of a dead civilization firehosed into her frontal cortex can't have made things any easier for her.

Bubbly and cute as hell she is... but I fear she's going to be a menace to polite society for a long time. :lol: She'll keep things interesting!
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Skywatcher68 wrote:
... I have no idea what that is.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Interesting. "I know Brandi. She wasn't always crazy evil. She was odd, but not evil. Not like that."

So, Suzi knew Brandi previously? i wonder how/when they met before. I suppose this explains how Suzi could tell Bud "the Director's insane"... she was comparing the Brandi she knew, with the Oduya she was observing.

We've seen that Lily didn't know Senior Director Oduya before this incident, except by scary reputation.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sidhekin wrote:
Skywatcher68 wrote:
... I have no idea what that is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripping_the_Rift - an animated SF spoof/parody series.

"Six of One" was a major character in this... a take-off on Voyager's "Seven of Nine", Six is a busty cybernetic construct who was designed to be a sexbot. She might as well have worn a uniform stenciled with the phrase "OK, guys, here's your fanservice". In fact it wouldn't surprise me at all if she actually did, in at least one episode... Tripping the Rift wasn't about being subtle about anything :)
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Graymalkin wrote:Hey, now, Paul, no dissing Jeri Ryan. She's gorgeous and has become even more so in her 40s.

And she tweets a lot as @JeriLRyan, so you can go to Twitter and apologize to her personally. :P
Atsali sees Jeri Ryan as stunning, sexy, hot and smoldering, whereas she sees Kath as being better described as pretty, by comparison.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:
Dale wrote:"Is this the kind of assignments..." should be 'Is this the kind of assignment...' because 'this' is singular.
Or, she could perhaps have been less polite:

"Is this the kind of s*** we're going to wading through now?"

I don't wonder that they're concerned. Dangerous Directors, exploding helicopters, mummy-golems throwing murderous sucker-punches, ravening ago-old vengeful succubi, unexpected reunions with children you didn't know you had...

... and it sounds as if they, and Ms. Katherine One-Of-Six, may all be required to trade in their tasteful business dress for highly-revealing spray-on-latex fanservice Borg bodysuits.

I suppose that latter qualifies as "making the bust of a bawd situation" but it's stlll a lot for these two poor bruised-and-shocked vampires to have to put up with.

(drops the collective from one of those exploded helicopters into the Pun Jar)
*imagines Phil Swift and a can of Flecth Theal and shudders*

Not a pretty image dude... not pretty at all. I'll never look at thothe Flecth Theal commerthials the thame way again. Even Jeri Ryan can't make Flecth Theal thecthy... :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:Now the Hollywood happy ending.
Lilly is Kathy's second cousin 5000 times removed, or her mother who now had a serious drinking problem, basicily what is she drinking?
Sali will get adopted by Kathy. Then Sali will call Lilly Grandma in another attack on the assistance of tact. Then a big squeeeel for Kathy.
Brandi apologizes for being a meany.
Bud Buys McBride a new bra with a larger hidden pocket.

Roll Credits....
Better yet, Monica takes her out and introduces her to the Lingerie ninjas...
Last edited by DilyV on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Dave wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripping_the_Rift - an animated SF spoof/parody series.

"Six of One" was a major character in this... a take-off on Voyager's "Seven of Nine", Six is a busty cybernetic construct who was designed to be a sexbot. She might as well have worn a uniform stenciled with the phrase "OK, guys, here's your fanservice". In fact it wouldn't surprise me at all if she actually did, in at least one episode... Tripping the Rift wasn't about being subtle about anything :)
Ah, okay; thanks.

... "Haffa Dozen" even ...
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Wapsi wrote:
Graymalkin wrote:Hey, now, Paul, no dissing Jeri Ryan. She's gorgeous and has become even more so in her 40s.

And she tweets a lot as @JeriLRyan, so you can go to Twitter and apologize to her personally. :P
Atsali sees Jeri Ryan as stunning, sexy, hot and smoldering, whereas she sees Kath as being better described as pretty, by comparison.
Like the commercials used to ask... "What is Sexy?"

The answers vary from person to person. Some men think sexy is nudity and sex. Some can find sexy in a pair of long overalls. I imagine that Atsali might be looking at Kath as more of a mother figure, possibly without even realizing it. Mothers are pretty... other women are sexy.

kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Poor P and McB. Now they know what it's like to work at Warehouse 13: "Congratulations! You almost got killed by an Artifact. You're officially an Agent!"

Tweety-Bird actually helped with her comment, I really don't think anyone will be in a more receptive demeanor after all the shouting is over.