In Store For 2013-06-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Re: In Store For 2013-06-27

Post by Mark N »

It also looks like Pratt is remembering more from her past life. She seems to remember Brandi from before she was star-gated all those millenia ago.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:*imagines Phil Swift and a can of Flecth Theal and shudders*

Not a pretty image dude... not pretty at all. I'll never look at thothe Flecth Theal commerthials the thame way again. Even Jeri Ryan can't make Flecth Theal thecthy... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The brain bleach is over in aisle 5, Dily, and I think the pharmacy can sell you a dose of Retcon without requiring a prescription ;)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Fairportfan wrote:
dex drako wrote:
Julie wrote:Wow...Atsali is about as tactful in revealing familial links as Bia. :P (though she's twice as confusing)
I second this post. lol
Of course, Nudge was the one who really dropped the bomb there.
Dave wrote: I'd say Shelly got carpet-bombed in stereo that day, learning the truth about both sides of her family tree.
Atsali isn't an immortal, nigh-elemental Titan holding on to a secret of her own actions for 80,000 years. Blurty new teen mentat is blurty. Ancient primordial mother holds responsibility-- that's several orders of magnitude above "tact".
Dave wrote:Having the accumulated knowledge of a dead civilization firehosed into her frontal cortex can't have made things any easier for her.
But now she can try out all those Etheitian pranks. And they'll all work great, because they're totally akashic.

Plus, if Tina becomes "whole" soon, we're going to need someone who can cheerfully babble mysterious and frightening things to the crew on a reliable basis.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

The thing that bugged me about the 7 of 9 character was that she wore very high heels. Yes, I know she was there just for the T&A of it, but comon; I mean what Borg would wear high heels? That was just stupid.
AmriloJim wrote:No, no, no! The relationship diagram must fit on a single cork board! And why does this one orange string wrap around the table lamp twice as it jumps from board one to three?
I think the wrap around either represents one of Paul's famous sudden shift of plot direction, or a time loop cycle.
eee wrote:Can we use more than four dimensions?)
I think it best to limit things to 5 for simplicity's sake. At least then you can place an infinite number of parts of a given relationship diagram on the same board. In fact all the diagrams on the same board. That is to say, put up the first part, then take it down, then the second part, etc. That way you will have spread the whole diagram along the time line. Then you can use the 5th dimension to view all the separate time periods at once. How to do that is left as an exercise for the reader.
Dave wrote:I don't wonder that they're concerned. Dangerous Directors, exploding helicopters, mummy-golems throwing murderous sucker-punches, ravening ago-old vengeful succubi, unexpected reunions with children you didn't know you had...
I recall a joke by a female comedian that went "I don't have any children <pause> that I know of <elbow, elbow, wink wink>". Paul has just shown such a thing can be real in the Wapsiworld.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

KnightDelight wrote: I recall a joke by a female comedian that went "I don't have any children <pause> that I know of <elbow, elbow, wink wink>". Paul has just shown such a thing can be real in the Wapsiworld.

You have never met any women that spent several years in a drug fueled haze then. (I know it is not funny, but it was not meant to be. The joy I could experience with a few shots of industrial strength brain bleach)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
as363

Post by as363 »

I still think that Ms. G could become a semi-major player in months to come . And - if she were to adopt Sali - well so much the better. Could get real interesting (not to say that it isn't already)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Dave wrote:... and it sounds as if they, and Ms. Katherine One-Of-Six, may all be required to trade in their tasteful business dress for highly-revealing spray-on-latex fanservice Borg bodysuits.
actually, i think that Katherine should more properly be called Six-in-One. as she is the six babies all melded together... while yes her ?Mom? Lily is the person that can go by the nom-de-plume of One-of-Six, being as she is (in theory) one of the six mothers that was improperly separated from their babies at the time of storage... um... that is, if she IS one of those women in the first place and we're not all out in left field somewhere...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Sidhekin wrote:Seven of Nine, one of six, six of one, half a dozen of the other ...

"They say it's six of one and a half dozen of the other, but it's not; it's Six for Two and Two for nothing!"
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

zachariah wrote:Bud Buys McBride a new bra with a larger hidden pocket.
She might want to introduce her to Monica's bra designer instead.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Mark N wrote:It also looks like Pratt is remembering more from her past life. She seems to remember Brandi from before she was star-gated all those millenia ago.
I had thought Pratt was talking about when she first met the Senior Director in this week of comics.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

What throws me is that the speaker (I'm not sure if it's P or McB; both art and dialogue is somewhat ambiguous) refers to her as "Brandi".

Pratt has addressed her and they both have referred to her, but never as "Brandi". McB has called her "the Director" and "Director Oduya", even in response to Bud's question concerning "Brandi". P has called her "the, the Chess Master", "Ms. Oduya", "Senior Director Oduya", and "the Director of MiB".

Since when is she "Brandi"?
Mark N wrote:It also looks like Pratt is remembering more from her past life. She seems to remember Brandi from before she was star-gated all those millenia ago.
That seems to me the best explanation so far.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Julie

Post by Julie »

Dave wrote:Interesting. "I know Brandi. She wasn't always crazy evil. She was odd, but not evil. Not like that."

So, Suzi knew Brandi previously? i wonder how/when they met before. I suppose this explains how Suzi could tell Bud "the Director's insane"... she was comparing the Brandi she knew, with the Oduya she was observing.

We've seen that Lily didn't know Senior Director Oduya before this incident, except by scary reputation.
Yeah...I had these thoughts yesterday, too...and then promptly forgot them when going through all of the comments. :) Silly me and my easily distracted memory! :oops:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Wyvern wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:Seven of Nine, one of six, six of one, half a dozen of the other ...

"They say it's six of one and a half dozen of the other, but it's not; it's Six for Two and Two for nothing!"
25 or 6 to 4?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I looked around for the "Six of one" segment from the penultimate Prisoner episode on YouTube, but couldn't find it.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

shadowinthelight wrote:Kath can assimilate me any day. ;)
Are you saying that resistance is futile?
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

eee wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I've put up several cork boards with lots of colored pins, colored yarn, and colored post-it notes in the confusion corner. Whoever's relationship diagram is the most artistic will have it lacquered and framed to be presented to Paul as a thank you gift.
No, no, no! The relationship diagram must fit on a single cork board! And why does this one orange string wrap around the table lamp twice as it jumps from board one to three?
Can we use more than four dimensions? ;)
Just don't twist the string around the fifth through tenth dimensions. Last time someone did that, it ended up forming a naked singularity. And I don't mean Katherine talking to Oscar.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

meisdadoo wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Kath can assimilate me any day. ;)
KnightDelight wrote:If Kath adopts Atsali like we hope, this will make one heck of a family. Good luck sorting out that family tree in later generations.
I imagine it would look more like a mangrove swamp.
Mangrove swamp? no more like a banyan tree. :lol:
How come when I see this, I keep thinking of Mr. Raymond Luxury Yacht -- or maybe it's Mr. Throat Warbler Mangrove?
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Since Atsali is in a Paranormal orphanage, there should be no problem placing her with a nudist genetic chimera mom with an Anasazi vampire grandmother. *edit* Like Granny Ogg said, million-to-one shots crop up nine times out of ten....
Last edited by NOTDilbert on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

"Ogg"
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Julie

Post by Julie »

kingklash wrote:
Wyvern wrote:

25 or 6 to 4?
That reference earned a hug. :) *HUGS!* I'm very fond of Chicago.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."