Your Capable Hands 2013-06-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
as363

Re: Your Capable Hands 2013-06-25

Post by as363 »

Damn it Spock - I need a solution .. and I need it now !
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Interesting touch - both yesterday and today - Suzi's protective body language re Lily.

Lily is a lot older, and the leader in their dynamic, but Suzi is the cowboy, the badass.

Rather like Brandi and Bud, actually.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
analyst

Post by analyst »

Turtlenecks on in the confusion corner, looks like we've got two more. (and throw away that garlic)
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Fairportfan wrote:Interesting touch - both yesterday and today - Suzi's protective body language re Lily.

Lily is a lot older, and the leader in their dynamic, but Suzi is the cowboy, the badass.

Like Katherine is the Brains to Atsalis' Cowboy antics. Maybe all that extra Brain-power may help her later making her the 'Super-geek'. ;)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Fairportfan wrote:"The four of you".

Has that registered with our vamps?
Only insofar as they can count, and with the succubus as the third, there must be an invisible fourth presence of unknown power standing right behind them.

Just another typical first date for Pratt & McBride.

Later we'll find out that the SDO only did evil in direct conjunction with the "deal", and spent the rest of her time in possession of Brandi shopping for fun things on TV, especially when part of the proceeds would go to March of Dimes or Save the Children.

Ever see Brandi's room? Piled to the ceiling with the SDO's beany babies.

Now where have I seen that before.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:Interesting touch - both yesterday and today - Suzi's protective body language re Lily.

Well, they don't call the movie genre "Buddy picture" for nothing!

"Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?"
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

...and, anyone know the Lanthian word for "rosemary"?

Too, also.

Julie

Post by Julie »

KnightDelight wrote:Lily has that "say what!?" look on her face in panel one.
I dunno...I'd say their faces only got as far as "Huh?" before they fell into the "OH SHIT!!" of the last panel. :P
MerchManDan wrote:
zachariah wrote:There is a big hole you can drive a truck through in this whole bit. In order for this scheme to work Bud had to know that the unused data buffer was stuffed into McBrides cleavage and there is not indication that she could have. Only with that knowledge would she have brought Kathy and Sali into the room behind so she could punch the crystal through so they could use it. She also had to know there was an open slot for it and exactly where the matching spot on each wall for where the hands would meet.
True, there's no indication in the comic that Bud has this knowledge - but that's not proof that she doesn't have it. Remember, we-the-viewers only KNOW something happens when we SEE it happen; Paul, however, can make all sorts of things happen "off-screen." These invisible things can have as much effect on events as the visible things - I suspect this is what tends to frustrate some who want to "give a bit of feedback."

(I know it frustrates ME sometimes) ;)
Yeah...this is what I keep reminding myself when I wonder how Bud knows things. There's also that set of favors she was going to call in from the Demons...they may have involved more than pig blood and mummy wrappings.

I am seriously curious now as to how the Nü Gui lost her heart...or if that's just part of the image that comes with becoming a vengeful spirit (kind of like the Demons all look weird and funky, but somehow "like" the emotion they represent).

Also, is anyone else terrified that somehow this heartless thing will somehow find a way to hook up with one of our hapless heroines who have been left behind to clean up? :shock:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

"The only thing she (Brandi) ever put by gates were unused data crystals" I hope everyone caught this bit of background revelation by the Nu Gui just before the gates were turned on.
http://wapsisquare.com/comics/2013-06-21-times-up.jpg
Last edited by Timotheus on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Yamara wrote:

Only insofar as they can count, and with the succubus as the third, there must be an invisible fourth presence of unknown power standing right behind them.

Nope. \The other two are in the room next door - the one with a hole in the common wall somebody plugged plugged with a crystal.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Fairportfan wrote:
Yamara wrote:

Nope. \The other two are in the room next door - the one with a hole in the common wall somebody plugged plugged with a crystal.
Oh sure, I know that. You know that, really everyone knows that.

Except for Pratt & McBride.
Julie wrote:Also, is anyone else terrified that somehow this heartless thing will somehow find a way to hook up with one of our hapless heroines who have been left behind to clean up? :shock:
I trust Bud not to be callous with others' lives. Despite what the Jaguar thinks. Anymore.

But now the NG is in check. She has to move or lose.

A siren, a vampire, an Anasazi, and a vampire Anasazi. The vampires are manifestations of injustice themselves, too like her to be possessed. If she's bound by a pact to destroy the Anasazi by the first midsummer of the 13th bak'tun (...let's say...) then taking Kath is certain checkmate. That leaves Atsali, and we know she can conduit tens of thousands of souls a second, so NG may find no purchase there.

Only other spaces available: two stargates and a data crystal.

Be a smart succubus and take what's behind door #3.

[EDIT, really miscounted this time?:]

Only other spaces available: a stargate and a data crystal.

Be a smart succubus and take what's behind door #2.

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I have a hard time believing that Bud would leave with the stargate still active... or is it? The last panel has me a bit confused... Is the Star Gate still open or is that the Nu Gui looking out of the Crystal at the Vampyric Duo?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I think Bud is a proponent of self discovery in order to promote the growth of the individual. She didn't simply tell the vamps what to do or what was coming. She just left them with the knowledge they, and the other two, can handle the situation from here. It's up to them to figure out how, even if that means more terror for the currently conjoined couple.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:I have a hard time believing that Bud would leave with the stargate still active... or is it? The last panel has me a bit confused... Is the Star Gate still open or is that the Nu Gui looking out of the Crystal at the Vampyric Duo?
I'm not sure of that. The last panel has some additional visual effects, between the point-of-view and the vampires... "glowing, drifting ionized air" sorts of stuff. I can't tell whether that's just what the Nu Gui is seeing, looking out of whatever is holding her, or whether it's an indication that she's managing to break free or somehow "reach out" towards the vampires (which could be Really Bad).

It's possible that Bud felt it was urgently important to get Brandi "out of play" as quickly as possible. It might be important to get her into the protected environment of the Library to eliminate any chance that the Nu Gui could still exercise some influence over her. Or, possibly, Bud doesn't want Brandi to hear whatever discussions might take place... Bud might be trying to shield Brandi from a too-rapid realization of just how she's been used over the years, and just what the Nu Gui has done while possessing her.

Bud might return, after making sure that Brandi is safe.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Yamara wrote:A siren, a vampire, an Anasazi, and a vampire Anasazi....
...walk into a bar. The bartender looks at them and says, "What is this, some kind of joke?" ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

... or Bud might send Monica, if she indeed is at the Library.

It was "miss Goodie-Goodie" who told K&A that Monica was at the Library. But she also said that Jin was sent to Puerta de Hayu Marca, and though she only says she was supposed to go on to Mesa Verde if K&A didn't show, clearly Bud was told the same.

Sooo ... why hasn't Jin showed up at Mesa Verde? :-\
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Avenger_Reloaded

Post by Avenger_Reloaded »

Headcount time. I'm sitting down in confusion corner.
We have our 2 vamps, one NG annnnd who's the 4th?
Not counting the NG, who are the other 2 being left behind then?

I was doing so well following things. :?
Myths which are believed in tend to become true. -George Orwell
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Avenger_Reloaded wrote:Headcount time. I'm sitting down in confusion corner.
We have our 2 vamps, one NG annnnd who's the 4th?
Not counting the NG, who are the other 2 being left behind then?
We're reasonably sure the remaining two are Kath & Atsali, who simply seem to be in the next room. It's probable that Pratt & McBride aren't aware of them yet.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Timotheus wrote:When in Danger,
When in doubt,
Run in circles,
Scream and shout,
Hoist a flag and fire a gun,
And hope the admiral says, "Well done!"

According to my friends who were in recon in Nam, this is the sort of situation where you call in an air strike. On top of yourself.
Or in Foozland?
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Aed wrote:Is that a hole in the Nü Gui's chest?

Star Trek Heart of Darkness?

'ts all I got