Termination Orders 2013-06-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jay-Em

Re: Termination Orders 2013-06-19

Post by Jay-Em »

@DilyV

Bud isn't "blowing her cover" parsé.

If the assertion is right that Brandi and SD Oduya work as different entities, Bud's action is a way of confusing the right ánd the left hand in one (bloody) sweep.

Brandi and SDO have no clue if "the other" has ordered something like this, hopefully leading to some huge "division by zero" and thusly there will be some time to separate the Nü Gui from Brandi.

As to hów this "separation" could work? I haven't the foggiest. but I bèt the "favours" come into play here.. Bud has a plan here, that much is clear. And given Bud's propensity to "think on her feet" we will see more hijinks to completely unbalance, upset, baffle and confuse our "haunted Golem"

The crystal in poor Suzie's décolleté is the key. Maybe Bud knows a way to "suck" the evil soul of the Nü-Gui into it, but needs an utterly baffled and confused Brandi for the link between Brandi and the Nü-Gui to break? (assuming Bud knows there's a crystal residing in Suzie's assets)
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Boxilar wrote:
ShadOBabe wrote:YIKES BUD!! :shock:

Well if that don't snap Brandi out of it, I don't know what will.
I wouldn't be surprised if she freaking panics and sucker punches Bud hard enough to send her into orbit just to get her to stop...
I think the point of this is Brandi won't snap out of it. Bud is the hurricane force leaf blower to SDO's intracate house of cards. I like the "safety protocol" angle. I wondered if this was the angle she was going for when she showed up in her "protector" mode. SDO will wonder if Brandi did put a failsafe in place to set Bud back to Acacia mode if something happened. SDO is working with the same mental equipment as her host, and will likely be just as flustered by the current turn of events as Brandi would have been. Poor Brandi just don't deal well with stuff that comes out of the blue at her. She's going to get totally buttflustered and spill the beans that she killed an entire civilization. I can't see Brandi honoring thier agreement after that, even if she didn't "technically" kill anyone. Hundreds of thousands are dead, and if it weren't for the intervention of agencys uknown (probably the Bibliothiki), Katherine and Atsali would be nuclear fallout right now.
MerchManDan wrote:
davids4250 wrote:Acacia found the crystal!
Let's see if it survives being found.
Meh, she'll walk it off. She wasn't using her heart (or sternum, or lungs, and from the look of it maybe her spine) for anything at the moment anyway.
you do realize that she can snap the spine if she only going deep enough to catch her heart if she goes a little deeper she can just pull the spine out there no walking from this attack / doctorMcCoy"she dead jim"
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Also, what's up with the parallels to Kung Pow lately?

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:you do realize that she can snap the spine if she only going deep enough to catch her heart if she goes a little deeper she can just pull the spine out there no walking from this attack / doctorMcCoy"she dead jim"
Suzy's an Undead - I'm fairly sure that garden-variety physical damage isn't going to finish her off; that said, I'd wager this little stunt is going to Hurt Like Hell for a while...
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

/me wonders if Lily's fainted already ...

Suzie's dead.

Since the 1890s, at least.

I still don't see any specifics to Bud's plan, by the way. Just the generic "keep throwing curve balls, fast". But then, I still have no idea what favours, specifically, she was going to call in.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Right now I'm somewhere between facepalming and facedesking...

I changed my avatar because I've always liked Tina... but as soon as I saw the change it hit me... Bud and Tina didn't really get along so well until they danced and had half the guys in Cerberus drooling all over the place. What if Tina is Bud's demon contact? Tina's demons wouldn't be physically hurting anyone, and she helps Brandi break the hold of the Nu Gui, giving her one more thing to be proud of herself for. God Love her, Tina is a real sweetie.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

DilyV wrote:WHOA... Listen very closely to what Bud just said...

"Termination orders. With extreme prejudice... all Ethetians with any knowledge of Golems and anyone helping those evil fuckers."

That being said, Atsali would be safe regardless... She's not ethetian and she wasn't helping the evil ones.

The question is... What does Kath know about Golems? (besides of course that Brandi, Bud and Jin ARE Golems, and would that count towards the order?)

At any rate, Bud has blown any cover she might have had claiming to be Acacia (who had been put into suspended animation by SDO). In which case... why the wrappings? Maybe to throw SDO even further off balance... a blast from the past so to speak to totally confuse her...

If this is an attempt to swing things back to wondering whether or not Kath and Atsali survived this mess, I think our intrepid twosome are just fine and riding things out in "da Belleh"... but it leaves questions about the safety code and why Bud didn't obey it and Kill Kath on sight.

The only explanation I can think of here is that Kath, while ethetian, knew absolutely nothing of her own heritage until Atsali spilled the beans... ergo, could know nothing about Golums (outside of that skinny, stinky lil fella in the lord of the rin... er... never mind... ) LOL

I'd wager that Bud knows that Lily and Suzie are Vampires and can survive what she's doing, although it can't be very comfy for Suzie to have Bud Armpit deep in her chest...
no, listen to BRANDI... she's not channelling SDO right now. the "safety code" speech is Bud going totally over-the-top in her acting, and causing that cognitive disconnect that she was telling Kat and Atsali about... AND giving Lily the heads up that she needs in order to react appropriately when the time comes for her to get into the fray. hopefully she'll remember more about just who Brandi/SDO really was back then...

and to continue your line of thought,... sorry but Atsali get's offed too... she was helping Kat... who is an Ethetian... ergo she would need to be eliminated too... remember, the Golem that Bud was at that point in time was VERY Robotic in her thought processes... she'll do the literal word of the order (terminate ALL Ethetians and those helping them) , rather than the intent of it (Kat grew up as a modern American... therefore culturally she is not an Ethetian, and is appropriately horrified at what they had done way back when with no chance of her WANTING to do the same thing over again... therefore SHOULD NOT have to be killed, but genetics say she needs to be killed...)

Bud was only zonked out for the 1000 years waiting until the climate settled down again (as far as we know right now) i don't want to get into split personalities or clones of BUD running around... she's here now, and she's the original Bud that we know and love... Bud IS Acacia... Acacia is her First name, Budur is her last name, Bud is her nickname... don't try to read more into it than there is...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I'm polishin' the chrome an' wipin' down the counters an' cleanin' the glass an' sweepin' up all the old pop corn an' emptyin' the trash an' what new update are you talkin' about?

(Maybe with the addition of the next two the chain will start to link up.)
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

scantrontb wrote:don't try to read more into it than there is...
Saying that in an internet forum is like telling the sun to not burn or TV executives to stop being idiots. :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

scantrontb wrote:
DilyV wrote:WHOA... Listen very closely to what Bud just said...

"Termination orders. With extreme prejudice... all Ethetians with any knowledge of Golems and anyone helping those evil fuckers."

That being said, Atsali would be safe regardless... She's not ethetian and she wasn't helping the evil ones.

The question is... What does Kath know about Golems? (besides of course that Brandi, Bud and Jin ARE Golems, and would that count towards the order?)

At any rate, Bud has blown any cover she might have had claiming to be Acacia (who had been put into suspended animation by SDO). In which case... why the wrappings? Maybe to throw SDO even further off balance... a blast from the past so to speak to totally confuse her...

If this is an attempt to swing things back to wondering whether or not Kath and Atsali survived this mess, I think our intrepid twosome are just fine and riding things out in "da Belleh"... but it leaves questions about the safety code and why Bud didn't obey it and Kill Kath on sight.

The only explanation I can think of here is that Kath, while ethetian, knew absolutely nothing of her own heritage until Atsali spilled the beans... ergo, could know nothing about Golums (outside of that skinny, stinky lil fella in the lord of the rin... er... never mind... ) LOL

I'd wager that Bud knows that Lily and Suzie are Vampires and can survive what she's doing, although it can't be very comfy for Suzie to have Bud Armpit deep in her chest...
no, listen to BRANDI... she's not channelling SDO right now. the "safety code" speech is Bud going totally over-the-top in her acting, and causing that cognitive disconnect that she was telling Kat and Atsali about... AND giving Lily the heads up that she needs in order to react appropriately when the time comes for her to get into the fray. hopefully she'll remember more about just who Brandi/SDO really was back then...

and to continue your line of thought,... sorry but Atsali get's offed too... she was helping Kat... who is an Ethetian... ergo she would need to be eliminated too... remember, the Golem that Bud was at that point in time was VERY Robotic in her thought processes... she'll do the literal word of the order (terminate ALL Ethetians and those helping them) , rather than the intent of it (Kat grew up as a modern American... therefore culturally she is not an Ethetian, and is appropriately horrified at what they had done way back when with no chance of her WANTING to do the same thing over again... therefore SHOULD NOT have to be killed, but genetics say she needs to be killed...)

Bud was only zonked out for the 1000 years waiting until the climate settled down again (as far as we know right now) i don't want to get into split personalities or clones of BUD running around... she's here now, and she's the original Bud that we know and love... Bud IS Acacia... Acacia is her First name, Budur is her last name, Bud is her nickname... don't try to read more into it than there is...
Read my edit... it kind of realigns my view...

As far as Bud following the word of the order, as a programmed protector, I would imagine she has a bit of omnipotence about her or um... Prescience... She just knows without being told what the right thing to be done is. Along this line, why else would so go straight for Suzie and the Crystal? Bud wasn't there when the crystal was put there by Lily. How else would she know it was there? In any other situation, Brandi would be the glaring threat, but with the out of the blueness taking effect, Brandi is neutralized for the moment. Bud's violent reaction to SDO's little skeeter will keep SDO off balance. Bud may be prescient, but she has no idea what capacity the skeeters are playing here... smarter to look at them as Brandi back up than to think them harmless pawns (something that could literally come back to bite her in the ass... of course that might tickle... the arc welder did...).

I know that Bud is Acacia... I'm using Acacia when referring to her way back when (because that's what Brandi called her) to differentiate between the modern Bud and ancient Acacia persona's. Easier to know which part of Bud we're talking about.

zachariah

Post by zachariah »

There is no way Bud can know about the crystal in the cleavage. She does know that this is probably not the way to really kill a vampire permanently. This is aimed at pushing SDO over the edge so she reacts instinctively rather than by reason. That should give the opening for Bud's other allies a chance to spot an opening and strike. It also tells Lilly that she is an etheitian and on SDO's supposed hit list. What that accomplishes I don't know. But all of this is a mental overload for SDO and is coming at her so fast she can't react in an effective way.

I doubt the crystal they have will do anything for them at Mesa Vedie. There is no place for it to be slotted into and the computer it works with has blown up. So it is now a secondary issue until Sali can have it. Since Sali is the computer now probably only she can access the information in it.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote: Since Sali is the computer now probably only she can access the information in it.
Or put data into it...

KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

How does she know the crystal is tucked away in cleavageville? I have a suspicion Bud waylayed our fearless vamps in some manner and filled them in on her little romp before they arrived. So with them in on Bud's plot, they would be prepared for a bit of deep penetration for a good cause.

Still, she seems to be overdoing it. She's so far in she could do a pelvic exam on Suzy.

Oh, and where did all that blood all over Bud's arms and hands get to?
Last edited by KnightDelight on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

DilyV wrote:Right now I'm somewhere between facepalming and facedesking...

I changed my avatar because I've always liked Tina... but as soon as I saw the change it hit me... Bud and Tina didn't really get along so well until they danced and had half the guys in Cerberus drooling all over the place. What if Tina is Bud's demon contact? Tina's demons wouldn't be physically hurting anyone, and she helps Brandi break the hold of the Nu Gui, giving her one more thing to be proud of herself for. God Love her, Tina is a real sweetie.
Could be.

Add to that the fact that Bud resided in the demon-realm for quite some time when getting Mayahuel for Jin, who knóws what "interesting" knowledge Bud could have aquired.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Dragon Hostler

Post by Dragon Hostler »

shadowinthelight wrote:
scantrontb wrote:don't try to read more into it than there is...
Saying that in an internet forum is like telling the sun to not burn or TV executives to stop being idiots. :lol:
Too right on all quoted counts above.

Despite calling her Bud in my previous post, I much prefer to call her Acacia.
Acacia is a pretty name, Bud is something I drink.

Susie's cleavage is getting as much traffic as a bus station.

SDO's gears ain't stripping quite yet, but there's clutch smoke in the air.
Born Again Heathen
Hostling dragons is similar to hostling horses, but ya need a bigger shovel, oh, and bigger nose plugs. Don't forget the nose plugs!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

zachariah wrote:I doubt the crystal they have will do anything for them at Mesa Vedie. There is no place for it to be slotted into...
How do you know THAT??
zachariah wrote:...and the computer it works with has blown up.
Pratt & McBride found the crystal in the wall back at the temple in the desert; granted, we don't know what it was doing there, but if it worked with that gate then it'll work with others. I'm quite sure it isn't some useless McGuffin (well, it might be useless now that it may have been blended with McBride's anatomy).
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

I don't believe Acacia Budur has multiple personalities. I'm not sure why anyone would believe that. Well, possibly SDO is considering that possibility right about now ...

She does however have different roles, to different people, and I have been trying to refer to her by the name most associated with those, like Budur in relation to the MiB, Bud to the other contemporary closer associates (the non-MiB younguns, "sweet" Brandi and the other golems, probably Nudge), and Acacia to most olduns (Euryale, the Etheitians and the complex computer, probably Bia).

Sorry if by that I've been confusing people.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Ho. Ly. Shit.

I'm really confused now, but I am having a lot of fun reading everyone's debates and interpretations. I only wish I could unwind my brain enough to contribute.

But keep 'em coming! They are as equally entertaining as the comic. I'll be in the corner with some stuff...
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

MerchManDan wrote:
zachariah wrote:I doubt the crystal they have will do anything for them at Mesa Vedie. There is no place for it to be slotted into...
How do you know THAT??
Logic, I know a misplaced item on a forum. lol. The crystal replaced one of the glyphs for the stargate control at the spider carving. Lilly noticed that it was not normal for it to be there. That means it is only at that gate control point. Unless they plan to rip a glyph control out and shove the crytal in there is no open slot for it. In fact it actually replaced one of the glyph controls. Why is not known but guessed at.
MerchManDan wrote:
zachariah wrote:...and the computer it works with has blown up.
Pratt & McBride found the crystal in the wall back at the temple in the desert; granted, we don't know what it was doing there, but if it worked with that gate then it'll work with others. I'm quite sure it isn't some useless McGuffin (well, it might be useless now that it may have been blended with McBride's anatomy).
It was being used a buffer to collect information at the gate it was found at, or so Lilly surmised. It probably would work at other gates but only for collecting information. To read the data required an IO device for it, IE: The computer in the crystal cave, or now Sali.

It isn't blended with McBride, it was simply stored. McBride is not the correct race for it to work with, Pratt is. Now if the crystal was shoved into Pratt she might be able to read it but I doubt it.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

zachariah wrote:It isn't blended with McBride, it was simply stored. McBride is not the correct race for it to work with, Pratt is. Now if the crystal was shoved into Pratt she might be able to read it but I doubt it.
I was talking about Bud punching McBride through the chest, which may have crushed the crystal and mixed the pieces with McBride's interior.

Almost-serious question for everyone here: When I type something, it makes sense to ME; is that not the case with others? Because people seem to be misunderstanding me a lot lately.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)