Glad You Could Make It 2013-06-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Glad You Could Make It 2013-06-18

Post by shadowinthelight »

Bud really is naughty. :D
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Re: Glad You Could Make It 2013-06-18

Post by Fairportfan »

Exactly waht i was gonna say.

Is there a long-time character in the comic who hasn't had he/her chain yanked by Bud?

Well, Connie, i guess...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I deleted my post...

That's SDO spinning a tale... That's not Bud. Note the mummy wrappings... "Bud" was wearing a sun dress... Background is all wrong too... This is SDO telling a rather large lie. Oh she'll have some 'splainin' ta do... Fun part is, SDO doesn't know Bud, Kath and Atsali survived her twisted plan.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

HAH!
It looks as if Bud has gone for a "shock therapy" approach.

Imho it would be a way to "shock" Brandi's inate good nature and refusal to kill, óut of the Nü Gui entity, (or vice-versa) by confronting her with a result as bloody and visceral as possible. Kindof "rubbing it in".

It would fit Bud's penchant for crazy hijinks perfectly.

@DilyV

I don't exactly agree. Look at Oduya's background? And then the "poit" And Bud's use of "Goddamn". That felt véry much like "current Bud" hyperbole.

Ah well. By tomorrow it will be clear what's going on, I guess.
Last edited by Jay-Em on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Dave

Post by Dave »

She's Baaaaaack! :lol:

Gosh. For most of us, putting on the old retro threads for a reunion only gets us far back as The Summer of Love (or for you poor youngsters in the audience, maybe only to the Disco Era). But Bud gets to dress up as glowy-eyed Acacia, and get all golem-y. She gets to have all the fun!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

....what. I can't even....what.

So, SD Oduya sent Kath & Atsali to die; this much is clear. But apparently, she was counting on Acacia to wake up & kill them, if the nuclear meltdown didn't do it? But...SD Oduya KNOWS that Bud isn't that Acacia anymore - doesn't she?

I can't even.
Last edited by MerchManDan on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

MerchManDan wrote:....what. I can't even....what.
That's what SD Oduya is thinking currently...
but, why 42?
---------------
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Jay-Em wrote:HAH!
It looks as if Bud has gone for a "shock therapy" approach.

Imho it would be a way to "shock" Brandi's inate good nature and refusal to kill, óut of the Nü Gui entity, (or vice-versa) by confronting her with a result as bloody and visceral as possible. Kindof "rubbing it in".

It would fit Bud's penchant for crazy hijinks perfectly.

@DilyV

I don't exactly agree. Look at Oduya's background? And then the "poit" And Bud's use of "Goddamn". That felt véry much like "current Bud" hyperbole.

Ah well. By tomorrow it will be clear what's going on, I guess.
I missed the obvious poit in the center of the picture... but my premise still stands... In missing the poit my thought was that it was SDO's imagery of the tale she was spinning to Lilly and Suzie about how Bud poited in to Mapimi and killed them... hence the difference in background. Lily and Suzi don't know what the Mapimi complex looked like. We know Bud was wearing a sundress and was in the open area out in the desert. I thought the image of Bud was SDO's view of the tale she was spinning to explain the demise of Kath and Atsali.

Now that I see the poit in the pic, I recognize the background appears to be the bottom of the pit at Mesa Verde... I can see that Bud must have contacted her demon acquaintances for the wrappings and bloody spatters and is serving notice to SDO that her plan has gone awry. Think about it... Bud looks now, as she was when Brandi put her to into suspended animation before everything went kablooey. It stands to reason if "Brandi" doesn't know what SDO is up to, that it works both ways. I think when Brandi put Acacia to sleep, she was already manifesting as SDO... SDO would remember Acacia in those wrappings from the point where she was put into suspended animation before she went topside to watch the volcano go boom. Either way, I think it would behoove Lily and Suzi to um...

DUCK AND COVER!!!!

EDIT: I have to wonder what SDO's reaction is going to be to Acacia showing up like that. I DO know what Lily and Suzie's reaction is going to be... Lily is going to pass clean out and Suzie is going to be like, Oh please, Lily... really? AGAIN? LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

DilyV wrote:I deleted my post...

That's SDO spinning a tale... That's not Bud. Note the mummy wrappings... "Bud" was wearing a sun dress... Background is all wrong too... This is SDO telling a rather large lie. Oh she'll have some 'splainin' ta do... Fun part is, SDO doesn't know Bud, Kath and Atsali survived her twisted plan.
That's the way it seems, but she would know Bud would survive no matter what. That being the case, Bud will be around to debunk that story, even if Kath and Atsali had died. It just doesn't make sense SDO would spin such am easily disproved tale. Nor does it make sense she would deliberately kill off the being she created (Kath). It seems Kath is her answer to whatever is yet to come.

I'm thinking this bloody scene may have nothing to do with whatever tale she is about to tell and is actually a flashback to something else in the long ago. May be yet more bloody priest slayings. That seems to be one of Paul's favorite recurring themes. Also, Paul has done this sort of thing before. Mislead us as to what a given panel is about, making us think it belongs to the panels just before when it doesn't. If it does belong, it may just be the prelude to whatever tale she is telling. She's going back to some much earlier incident to connect the recent event to that bit of bloodletting. Perhaps setting up Bud as a half crazed killing machine to justify whatever lie she hatched up concerning Kath and Atsali.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

i think that the last panel is in real-time (just viewed from a different angle from where we see SDO in her panel's view), and that Bud IS actually there AND that Buds presence at Mapimi was TOTALLY NOT in SDO's PLAN...

if Bud poited herself a sundress, she can certainly poit herself her mummy-wraps and bucket-o-blood too...

do you all remember when the girls were discussing who should be the one to go and get the thing in the cemetery up in Ireland? the power source thingy that ended up transporting Shelly to the Time-Forest... Brandi said that she shouldn't be the one to go, because surprises cause her to freeze up!... i'll bet that that means that SDO isn't able to completely take over quickly enough and Brandi is slightly aware during that brief amount time before her recollection of the event is over-ridden by SDO AFTER she gets HER wits about herself again... AND i'll bet that Bud is deliberately trying to invoke that mental state of being right now... and that some of those favors she's called in, are more of the like... things to totally throw any plans SDO made, COMPLETELY out the window, IE: get her (SDO) into a shell-shocked state of confusion, in order to let the real Brandi's personality thru, at the same time as SDO trying to take over, thus letting Brandi know just what the heck has transpired all this time, all in the name of the deal, but because of SDO's confusion, Brandi gets the full history revealed to her, who then goes into a righteous rage at how she's been manipulated by the Nu Gui, and gets to revoke the deal she make with the Nu Gui... then Monica shows up and... exorcises her?... whatever... to get the thing out of Brandi...
Last edited by scantrontb on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

MerchManDan wrote:....what. I can't even....what.

So, SD Oduya sent Kath & Atsali to die; this much is clear. But apparently, she was counting on Acacia to wake up & kill them, if the nuclear meltdown didn't do it? But...SD Oduya KNOWS that Bud isn't that Acacia anymore - doesn't she?

I can't even.
That is Bud and it's step one of her plan. Remember Bud was not supposed to be there but at Mesa Verdi instead. Now she appears looking like it was SDO's order to kill Kathy and Sali. This will push SDO off balance as her plan just hit the windmill. The shock effect and surprise will push her even more. Before she can catch her balance Bud will will yank the rug again.

Next step? Demons? Kathy and Sali appear? Turn Pratt and McBride against SDO? Which way will the frog jump?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

DilyV wrote:I deleted my post...

No - it's Bud yanking SDO's chain.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

what did she mangle to get the viscera ?
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I don't think Oduya had any idea Bud was at Mapimi. Therefor, having her show up having apparently killed Kath and Sali will shake her up tremendously. She has already said she does not think well under sudden pressure, and I'm sure Bud has planned to keep that pressure up. This is gonna be good!
I feel kinda sorry for Pratt and McBride though. They always seem to be caught in the middle of something when it goes down.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Can't wait to see Pratt's and McBride's responses. Do you think one will faint, or is that only a response to mega-predators like sphinxes?

Could be educational, the vampire girls apparently have an ability to sense guilt. http://wapsisquare.com/comic/the-only-thing/
So if Kathryn and Atsali are still alive Bud claims won’t feel right to them.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

EDIT: I have to wonder what SDO's reaction is going to be to Acacia showing up like that. I DO know what Lily and Suzie's reaction is going to be... Lily is going to pass clean out and Suzie is going to be like, Oh please, Lily... really? AGAIN? LOL
:D :lol: yeah. I can júst imagining Lily going: "Oh No! A Golem.. we're done for!!!"and then falling backwards. Even Suzie must be slightly unnerved by being in the presence of a blood-covered superstrong being, glowing eyes and all.... As for SDO Oduya? well, "double spit-take" hardly covers what she's gonne be like.

Talk about "in for a shock" :lol:

And Bud is going to have a rather good time ham-acting as the bloodlust-ridden Golem.
but, why 42?
---------------
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

My2Cents wrote: the vampire girls apparently have an ability to sense guilt. http://wapsisquare.com/comic/the-only-thing/
So if Kathryn and Atsali are still alive Bud claims won’t feel right to them.
Depends. I can wholly imagine that the "guilt sense"does not work on a clay jar...

By the by. Someone came up with the idea that Oduya tried to assasinate Kat in that heli-assault. I think he/she is right. It fits within the plan of obliterating the Lanthians and their offspring. Only thing is: Why not earlier? Or did SDO/Nü-nasty only discover that the 6tet baby-girl got away from mapini on a date much later, and thusly set a desperate, bloody, plan in working??

Makes me wonder.
Last edited by Jay-Em on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Yeah, it's difficult to tell whether or not this is SDO's explanation to Agents Pratt and McBride as to what happened with Kathrine and Atsali, OR if this is Bud's "out-of-the-blue" that she was talking about yesterday...the mummy bandages are exactly what she was wearing when Brandi first programmed the crystals.

And is the blood conjured to look like she took out Kath/Atsali, or did she poit in and take out the vampires in order to deal with SDO? I think the fact that she says we won't have to "worry about those two anytime soon" suggests it is the vampires, since they can eventually recover...

...but just in case I'll retire to the confusion corner with a bottle of Chartreuse fresh from the freezer...
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Bud is throwing curve balls.

SDO's response, predicted: "Acacia? What are you - wait, why are you wearing that outdated uniform - I mean, what -"

At which point Bud will have launched another curve ball or two. 8-)

Meanwhile, poor Lily and Suzie are once again reduced to helpless witnesses.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

My own thought was that the Senior Director might be setting up Bud as a bad guy, sending Pratt & McBride after her. I reconsidered, since that would be a silly way to dispose of surplus vampires...
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.