Stay Calm 2013-06-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Re: Stay Calm 2013-06-12

Post by MerchManDan »

Grantwhy wrote:especially at 1.45 in the morning and I'm sleep depraved (I've been running on 50% my usual sleep for the past few weeks :| )
Lucky you; I'm usually just depraved. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Dave wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:I hope the plasma blast originated from a part of her anatomy other than the Belly Safe.
I fear that's exactly where it originated from, and that it means we've just seen the last of our two intrepid adventurers.

Plasma is ionized matter... so Bud's plasma breath has to consume something in order to blast out like that.

Bud may have just "used up" the bodies of Katherine and Atsali (who didn't survive the underground meltdown) in order to make that flame.

It's as impressive as it is, because Katherine is an Anasazi. She (or her six donors) date back many thousands of years.

After all, there's no fuel like an old fuel. :twisted:

(drops an entire M132 into the Pun Jar)
The total mass of the ejecta is less import than the energy.

Take in a breath of air, dump energy into it until it is really, REALLY, REALLY hot (i.e. the atoms are moving fast) and release. Velocity 0.75c. At that speeds 1 gm of air will have an energy equivalent of 11kT, and the 'shine' will probably peak in the X-ray range. That moutain down range will stop it easily, but it will never be the same again.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Julie

Post by Julie »

ShadOBabe wrote:Eh, well thanks for the help guys.
I'm still a bit all over the place. But hopefully not for too much longer.

Well Paul's writing is complex and different, I'll give you that.
But I fine it rather annoying since the story jumps around so much. That's not always so bad by itself, but without some kind of string I can grasp onto it very much leaves me with a feeling of, "well this is all very interesting, but I'm not sure why I should care"?

And we get so many cliffhangers and jumps to other characters, that I totally end up forgetting what we've already learned or what's important.
I understand where you're coming from. I honestly feel like half of my understanding of what's going on (or rather what little grasp I have of the comic that passes as understanding) comes from not only following the daily updates, but also regularly reading all of the theories and postualtion here in the forums. There are plenty of times that we're all off base in our theories, but at least working on them gives me a chance to get a better handle on the events in the comic. Plus I do a lot of re-reading from a point that is linked here as "relevant"...and that's helps me follow things better. This comic is ALMOST easier to read all at once (when you don't have the two or three day wait between pages to forget things)...and it's only "almost" easier to read all at once because it's so damn addictive that it's just about impossible to avoid reading it piecemeal. :P

In any event, feel free to join the fray here in the forums. We definitely will welcome you in Confusion Corner, and while the theories may not always be right (and sometimes will be more confusing than the page they're about) they're always entertaining! :D You may even find it easier to follow along if you fake your way into the theory-making crowd (like I do occasionally). :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Julie wrote: You may even find it easier to follow along if you fake your way into the theory-making crowd (like I do occasionally). :P
WHAT!!!... No!, say it isn't true!... I always thought you were one of the SMOF's behind the stories!... Oh, Woe is me...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Julie

Post by Julie »

scantrontb wrote:
Julie wrote: You may even find it easier to follow along if you fake your way into the theory-making crowd (like I do occasionally). :P
WHAT!!!... No!, say it isn't true!... I always thought you were one of the SMOF's behind the stories!... Oh, Woe is me...
Goober. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

I'm just glad to say that at least one person did pick up on the obvious (to me) pun of venting.

Thanks, Grantwhy.

Drops a roll of duct tape (for all those vents) into the jar.