Follow Her Lead 2013-06-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Stigmartyr762

Follow Her Lead 2013-06-10

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Follow her lead and dance to the tune she plays.

God damn, she's devious.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Dave

Re: Follow Her Lead 2013-06-10

Post by Dave »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:Follow her lead and dance to the tune she plays.

God damn, she's devious.
And just how many moves ahead does she plan?

I'm not sure I can count that high. The brilliance of her thinking is entirely beyond the pale.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

So now she is Miss Burning Matchhead?

....Or is that one of her inner demons manifesting?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
as363

Post by as363 »

Well- pulled that one out - did we ?

Back in the morning - bed time for us old Phats.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot INTERROGATIVE
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:Whiskey Tango Foxtrot INTERROGATIVE
Be cool, man... I'm sure it will all be as clear as mud by Thanksgiving at the latest ;)
In the meantime, Confusion Corner has great crullers this week, and I think the coffee is a dark-roast Peaberry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I'll double that and see you triple... WFT? Over.

I'm beginning to really not like Senior Director Oduya... If Bud somehow got through this (I don't think this would harm bud... she's indectructable, right?), SDO has got one major ass whuppin' coming. Especially if Kath and Atsali paid the price of her bullshit games. This is really going to tear things between Brandi and Bud (SDO notwithstanding). I don't think Bud will be able to handle being around Brandi anymore, knowing what her alter ego is capable of... Not to mention, wait till Monica finds out. If she controls the GG's, then isn't it possible she can order them to de-activate permanently?

I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy with the missing face either... I'm thinking it's along the line of Zed's (Rip Torn) description of the MiB in the movie... "We're deja vu, we're invisible..." yada yada where those who just dealt with her will only see that (not) face if they try to describe her...

This is almost like a Monday cliff hangar... I'm worried about Kath, Bud and Bird Brain!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Now SDO will tell them to disregard the naked woman with cinder ash residue all over her, who is appearing in the distance walking towards them.

Strange height disparity. Doesn't the military have minimum height requirements? General Lilliput seems a mite tiny. On the other end of the scale, the one in back seems a mite tallish. Jolly Green Giant freakish tall. As does SDO for that matter.

Also, I agree, SDO is becoming less and less likable. Apparently, unlike lovable Brandi, she has no qualms about killing. Even to the point of displaying the requisite evil smile at the mention of it. I'm beginning to wonder if she actually did have a hand in the massacre at the Dead Sea dig site. Maybe even to the point of killing the killers in the end to insure a good covering of her tracks. SDO may be hot, but she seems to also be cold, very cold.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Not worried about Bud, but I do wonder how this will affect her relationship with Brandi. Decided I do not like Oduya, or her demons.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

KnightDelight wrote:Also, I agree, SDO is becoming less and less likable. Apparently, unlike lovable Brandi, she has no qualms about killing.
Oh, but that's just it: She doesn't kill.

She just arranges for people to be dead.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

The timing though, gol-durn it! How do you arrange the timing? Even with poiting and pre-positioning having high brass officials on site just when a bunch of loose cannon operatives are going to set off your Lanthian burglar alarm can't be timed that closely without time controls. She's some how manipulating who's where-when through those gates.

(I missed out on the pizza oven but I got a good deal on an ice machine. I'll install it in the closet with the tappers so the hum doesn't drive us nuts.)
Last edited by Timotheus on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

SDO is displaying a Mentor like level "visualization of the cosmic all" ability.
donoho

Post by donoho »

Dave wrote:
Be cool, man... I'm sure it will all be as clear as mud by Thanksgiving at the latest ;)
In the meantime, Confusion Corner has great crullers this week, and I think the coffee is a dark-roast Peaberry.
I think this is Kath's time to shine...

Anyone seen the French Vanilla Creamer?
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

"Until all that was left was a SMILE. - Cheshire Cat Brandi.
Wow talk of Cold-blooded .... I mean ...... damn.
What about Kathy, Acacia and Atsali? Did that B**ch send her freinds to thier death?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Why this is at this point of the arc the purpose is fairly clear. A natural occurring critical mass has just heated up enough to generate a steam explosion that is volcanic in nature. Without any prior indicators of this coming it would attract a LOT of attention in the geophysics world. All sorts of scientists would be scrambling to investigate the event. Neither of the two countries near it want that attention or investigation. SDO just gave them a cover story to stop the rush of people to the area. Given the nature of the crystal mass they would want it left alone.
The generals comments just highlight the long relationship SDO has had with them and in managing higher governmental levels to keep things quiet. Fairly good odds the immortal politicians are behind the scenes above the generals and dealing with them means keeping the peaceful and quiet. So the general brags on SDO abilities to the new aides being introduced to the weird world of MIB. The world given is don't mess with SDO or MIB without a VERY good reason.
This just keeps what really happened in the family so to speak.

No orbital neurolizer I'll bet either.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sidhekin wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:Also, I agree, SDO is becoming less and less likable. Apparently, unlike lovable Brandi, she has no qualms about killing.

For some reason, I don't find that to be a particularly comfortable characteristic in a person. Quite a few of the more notorious human dictators have used it quite "effectively". Killing by manipulation, killing by charisma, killing by proxy in any form... no blood on your hands that can actually be seen, perhaps, but it's still there nevertheless...

... and it sounds from the General's closing comment as if Senior Director Oduya has enough invisible death-by-manipulation blood in her past that it's no secret. She may even be notorious for it, in some circles.

I have a feeling that there's going to be hell to pay shortly, when Monica et al confront the fact that "Brandi" has been manipulating the gang into implementing her atomically-powered Final Solution to the Etheitian Problem. Monica might just possibly be angry enough to overturn the whole chessboard.
Radical_Knight

Post by Radical_Knight »

Somehow, I'm hoping... the rocket explosion in turn disrupted the natural dampening field of the area that negates radio and other electronic signals as well as interrupted Bud's POITing abilities. Immediately upon detonation and before damage to the complex or Wapsi Friends, they were poited out safely with a modest HOLY CRAP...THAT WAS AWESOME!!! (or not)
Memories die hard long after reality has turned to dust.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Has this comic been crowd-sourced? :?:
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai
WoodGracie

Post by WoodGracie »

by TheDOCTOR » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:12 am

"Until all that was left was a SMILE. - Cheshire Cat Brandi.

Yes! that is exactly what I was thinking! She comes and goes without leaving a trace of her interference.

Bud will take care of Kathy and Atsali, I just know it. Paul wouldn't be that cruel. (I hope)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:

For some reason, I don't find that to be a particularly comfortable characteristic in a person. Quite a few of the more notorious human dictators have used it quite "effectively". Killing by manipulation, killing by charisma, killing by proxy in any form... no blood on your hands that can actually be seen, perhaps, but it's still there nevertheless...

... and it sounds from the General's closing comment as if Senior Director Oduya has enough invisible death-by-manipulation blood in her past that it's no secret. She may even be notorious for it, in some circles.

I have a feeling that there's going to be hell to pay shortly, when Monica et al confront the fact that "Brandi" has been manipulating the gang into implementing her atomically-powered Final Solution to the Etheitian Problem. Monica might just possibly be angry enough to overturn the whole chessboard.
Exactly my point... Monica isn't going to be a happy camper when she find out what's just happened to Kath and Bud. Brandi will now be thrust into the spotlight as Jin and Shelly were. It seems to me as if SDO is more like the wicked Queen from Show White... Jealous of the existence of others of beauty to the point of psychosis. If SDO's intent was to wipe out the Anasazi (Ethetians), why send Lily to Mesa Verde? Why not send both Kath and Lily to Mapimi?

I also think that we're not taking into effect how pissed off Kath is going to be if she survived. Either way, poor Brandi is going to bear the brunt of punishment meant for SDO...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.