Lactose Intolerant 2012-07-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Boxilar

Re: Lactose Intolerant 7.31.12

Post by Boxilar »

So, anyone want to take bets on wether Katherine has a non human ancestor? Her eyes have been described in strip as "like a spider's" but I get more of a Great White Shark vibe from her eyes. She has conversations with her fish which, given the nature of the comic probably aren't delusional. She dislikes wearing clothes enough that when she's in private she stays nude. Some time ago in a shower scene she wondered if she could get a job as a fish. I'm thinking less arachnid and more order HEXANCHIFORMES. Also, Katherine is showing up again after a WHAM episode in which Shelly discovered the full extent of her supernatural heritige. Coincidence? Highly improbable, methinks.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Ahhhhhh! Forum is back! The daily Wapsi Square breath of fresh air!
PrettyPrincess

Post by PrettyPrincess »

You might be onto something with the shark thought - Paul has drawn her with very interesting teeth in the past...
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Hopefully that same Volleyball player is there and he remembers that he owes her a drink!... if he gets her a bottled water then he's fulfilled that part of her request at least.... time will tell, of course...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Kath is cute as always.

I am glad to have a forum back and now one that we can discuss other strips and know when they are being added too. I was getting withdrawal symptoms from not having the forumies in my life. :P
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Julie wrote:As for Oscar's "situation"...well, if my husband's lactose intolerance is anything to go by, he'll be unpleasant company for our dear Katherine if she doesn't get him some not-milky water...STAT! :D
I think you called it right on target, Julie!

My wife just came over to ask why I was chortling so loudly :lol:
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

A seriouse breech was committed
that the 'comments' here had been omitted-
I fumbled around, and finally found
the 'Forum' and promptly submitted

So now I learn more of Shell's pedigree,
as a parts sphinx and human and titan be
which freaks her a bit
(seems her mother's a sh!t)
and she grabs some space clearing her head you see

and now we are focused on Katherine
who walks her fish out to the beach to swim
so Oskar blurts air
at her derierre
a compliment straight from the fish's fin

when Kat makes a horrible blunder
by dropping her ice cream thereunder
it seems milk gives him grief
(at least, that's her belife-
does one do CPR? I wonder...)

But now all mischief aside,
I have to truly confide
that I have missed this lot,
the puns of great thought,
and comments both charming and snide

for indeed the best part of my day,
is when 'Wapsi Square' comes to play,
and I giggled and chuckle
until my ribs buckle
at both comic and comments- HOORAY!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sarge, if there's an award somewhere for "sublime doggerel" you are clearly a shoe-in for the highest honors.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

HARHARHARHARHAR!!!
Remember Billy Mumey's "Fish Heads"?
FISH FARTS FISH FARTS
STINKY GREASY FISH FARTS
FISH FARTS FISH FARTS
TOOT THEM OUT (Pew!)
... sooo...Oskar's a 'rootin' TOOTIN' Beta, eh?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

Mark N wrote:Kath is cute as always.

I am glad to have a forum back and now one that we can discuss other strips and know when they are being added too. I was getting withdrawal symptoms from not having the forumies in my life. :P
forumies?!? O_o
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

nerf-dweller wrote:
Mark N wrote:Kath is cute as always.

forumies?!? O_o
A nickname I coined in the old comments section (under Maark30) for the members of the Wapsi forum.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
The Fansheep

Re: Lactose Intolerant 2012-07-31

Post by The Fansheep »

oh my i was really starting to miss something the comments where so much fun it was always the bright end of my comic reading list where i could spend a lot of time ;) So thanks Paul for putting the forum up.
And they really should put that poor fish back into some water i mean he isnt used to breath in air like that. And i think he will develop a little fear of going on a walk xD
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Bwahahahaha... My collegues were mystified at first when I started laughing uncontrollable..They all checked the comic, and now the whole department is still snickering... :lol:
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
NebulousRikulau

Post by NebulousRikulau »

Geek_on_call wrote:CAREFULL ! Tap water has chlorine and bottled water has no oxygen.
While I agree with the problems of chlorine in tap water, the lack of oxygen in bottled water wouldn't be a problem.
Oscar appears to be a betta. They originated in Southeast Asian swamps that have very little free oxygen in the water.
Bettas breathe air.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dave wrote:
kingklash wrote:Creamed fish?
Considering her huge pupils, look of horror, and loud shout for help, I'd say it was eye-screamed fish. :twisted:
Grrrrrooooaaaannn!!! :D :D :D
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

The Fansheep wrote:oh my i was really starting to miss something the comments where so much fun it was always the bright end of my comic reading list where i could spend a lot of time ;) So thanks Paul for putting the forum up.
Hear hear! And congratulations to the moderators, who, after only two (three now) days have been taking care of at least a half dozen spam messages I've seen show up so far. Amazing that they could find this brand spanking new forum so darn fast, and beat the captcha. Unless it's some lurker out there, who's daily income depends on finding new blogs and passing said info to what ever spam house is passing him pennies so he can continue living in his parents basement...

Anyway, so very nice to have this back, and see you all around!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Oh, dear, Fish Gas.
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

Atomic wrote:
The Fansheep wrote:oh my i was really starting to miss something the comments where so much fun it was always the bright end of my comic reading list where i could spend a lot of time ;) So thanks Paul for putting the forum up.
Hear hear! And congratulations to the moderators, who, after only two (three now) days have been taking care of at least a half dozen spam messages I've seen show up so far. Amazing that they could find this brand spanking new forum so darn fast, and beat the captcha. Unless it's some lurker out there, who's daily income depends on finding new blogs and passing said info to what ever spam house is passing him pennies so he can continue living in his parents basement...

Anyway, so very nice to have this back, and see you all around!
The spammers found this faster than I did!

(Miss the comments anyway. I prefer a simpler interface (gettin' old in my old age ;-)), and I so miss threading)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Dave wrote:
Considering her huge pupils, look of horror, and loud shout for help, I'd say it was eye-screamed fish. :twisted:
Pun Jar want a word with you Kinglash,. (Sorry was watching the 1980 Flash Gordon film and a similar line was stuck in my head)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

This might be the most adorable I've ever seen Kath. (yeah, that's right; I've nicknamed her Kath) From nomming her ice cream to screaming in panic, she's adorable.
Dave wrote:
IT BEGINS
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)