One More Time 2018-05-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

One More Time 2018-05-15

Post by Cheesy1 »

lake_wrangler

Re: One More Time 2018-05-15

Post by lake_wrangler »

Once again, Luci tries to poke the hornets' nest...

I understand why, but she's playing with fire, here... Or plasma, as the case may be...

Meanwhile, nice to see that Castela had made provision for Luci's safety. Given that it fits the diminutive Luci, I'm guessing they acquired it recently, rather than having it laying around the canyon for guests to use...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Where's the Ka-boom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Ka-Boom!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

LUCI!

Castela is the knowledgeable one about how dangerous what she's going to do is. She put you in some pretty hefty safety gear.

LET HER RUN THE DEMO HER WAY!

</MomVoice>
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Warrl wrote:LUCI!

Castela is [...]
After reading this ^^, I could swear I could hear Desi Arnaz...

Luuuci! You got some s'plainin' to do!
eee

Post by eee »

Luci is either deliberately not getting it, or she's got it and wants Castela to show her the worst regardless.
lake_wrangler wrote:
Warrl wrote:LUCI!

Castela is [...]
After reading this ^^, I could swear I could hear Desi Arnaz...

Luuuci! You got some s'plainin' to do!
You win a dozen internets.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Glytch looked up from his desk in Langley. “I feel like I’m missing something... an opportunity for some really awesome mad science... hmmm. Better check the satellite data when I’m done here tonight.”

He returned his concentration to the Nitrogen Fullerene Bond length calculations...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Where's the Ka-boom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Ka-Boom!
Susan Ivanova: No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow. What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM!
Vive la weird!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

What did you think she did when you put on that suit, Luci? This $hit makes fireworks shows look like kids waving sparklers.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I wonder if Luci has been so deep into Yoga, guided imagery, and psychology, that her innate ability to take things quite literally has died for lack of use?

Maybe it's just napping. If so, it's about to be awakened, about as gently as if somebody had dumped a gallon of ice water on its head.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

It like trying to explain atomic weapons before the trinity test. People simply had no frame of reference to compare it to. Luci's whole world is about to change.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

I think it's going to take a demonstration to get the point across. Maybe a small boulder. "If I really cut loose, there wouldn't be a valley left, just a crater. That's why I need anger management lessons."

Then maybe Luci will finally realize just how dangerous the world she walked into is.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

GlytchMeister wrote:Glytch looked up from his desk in Langley. “I feel like I’m missing something... an opportunity for some really awesome mad science... hmmm. Better check the satellite data when I’m done here tonight.”

He returned his concentration to the Nitrogen Fullerene Bond length calculations...
Billens neck started to crawl yet again. He sifted through his e-mails one more time, and saw a brief note from one of the field agents that the younger Gilchrist girl had taken a civilian out to her "testing grounds" in Northeast Arizona.

He immediately checked the GPS system for the whereabouts of Glytch.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
sheik

Post by sheik »

jwhouk wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Glytch looked up from his desk in Langley. “I feel like I’m missing something... an opportunity for some really awesome mad science... hmmm. Better check the satellite data when I’m done here tonight.”

Billens neck started to crawl yet again. He sifted through his e-mails one more time, and saw a brief note from one of the field agents that the younger Gilchrist girl had taken a civilian out to her "testing grounds" in Northeast Arizona.

He immediately checked the GPS system for the whereabouts of Glytch.
Jones filed and submitted his daily analysis to Higher. Among the usual mundane reports was an interesting little dust up inside the Kremlin. Apparently someone was convinced the Americans were testing a new particle beam ASAT system that had no detectable external power source and no visible emitter. Only graffiti and one or two ground personnel were noted in the immediate area of discharge.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

(When they discovered the 'graffiti', they assumed they were being professionally punked and dropped the matter...)