Never Said 2018-01-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Bookworm, starkruzr, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Post Reply
User avatar
lake_wrangler
Posts: 3450
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:16 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by lake_wrangler » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:05 pm

Well, that conversation started well...

User avatar
Sgt. Howard
Posts: 3116
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Malott, Washington

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by Sgt. Howard » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:19 pm

"There shall be Charley Foxtrots and rumors of Charley Foxtrots..." ... thank GOD I am not YOUNG anymore!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

User avatar
jeffepp
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:53 am

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by jeffepp » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:34 pm

"It's to late! I have told him of MY love! He's mine now!"

"What?"

"No! I kissed him already. THAT makes him mine first!"

"Wait. That's not how it works..."

"Ah HA! But you just declared that you're NOT in love with him, therefore you have renounced all clame. That makes him STILL mine!"

"Um..."

"I didn't say that I didn't love him, I said I hadn't said that I did love him. He's still mine!"

"You know what, I'm just going to slip away now..."

"If you can't declare your love, as I have, then you can't keep him, for my clame is stronger!"

"Why wouldn't this window open, so I can crawl out!"

"Well, we did more than kiss! I, we, er... We were mostly naked! So there! He's mine!"

" You had to tell her about that..."

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 6527
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:06 pm

Y'know, if you took an old-style "crossbar" phone exchange full of relay racks and cables and rotary switches, and turned loose in it an entire platoon of tweak-crazy amphetamine users with ADD, armed with soldering gear and a few cases of whisky, and let them run wild for a month ...

... you still wouldn't get as many crossed wires and scrambled communications as these three have managed to churn out in an hour.

It's very impressive, in a see-the-train-wreck-in-progress kind of way.

User avatar
jwhouk
Posts: 5445
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 am
Location: The Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by jwhouk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:11 pm

Yanno, there just aren't too many good train wrecks anymore.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin

AnotherFairportfan
Posts: 5181
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by AnotherFairportfan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Dave wrote:Y'know, if you took an old-style "crossbar" phone exchange full of relay racks and cables and rotary switches, and turned loose in it an entire platoon of tweak-crazy amphetamine users with ADD, armed with soldering gear and a few cases of whisky, and let them run wild for a month ...

... you still wouldn't get as many crossed wires and scrambled communications as these three have managed to churn out in an hour.

It's very impressive, in a see-the-train-wreck-in-progress kind of way.
In one of the stories in one of the "Grantville Gazette" series of collections of ascended fanfiction for Eric Flint's "1632/Ring of Fire" books, the fire chief in Grantville, after rescuing a kid who has manged to hang himself up from a church steeple, says "This is impressive. Wile E Coyote couldn't do better with two credit cards and a direct line to ACME..."
He had done a good job of covering his tracks, but that was to be expected. After all, one does not conspire to ruin a House and murder a queen and then just stand there waving and waiting patiently for retribution.

Drakkenmensch
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:03 am

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by Drakkenmensch » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Can Castella unhinge her jaw? Because otherwise there's only so much space in her mouth for all these feet she's trying to shove in.

User avatar
oldmanmickey
Posts: 1516
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by oldmanmickey » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:39 pm

Its a very good thing he seems to be the sane stable on in the group
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long

AnotherFairportfan
Posts: 5181
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by AnotherFairportfan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:54 am

oldmanmickey wrote:Its a very good thing he seems to be the sane stable on in the group
That won't last long if he keeps hanging out with this bunch.
He had done a good job of covering his tracks, but that was to be expected. After all, one does not conspire to ruin a House and murder a queen and then just stand there waving and waiting patiently for retribution.

eee
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by eee » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:44 am

It's hard to imagine things can get any worse or more confusing at this point.

But I'm sure they can. And will.

User avatar
Sgt. Howard
Posts: 3116
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Malott, Washington

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by Sgt. Howard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:44 pm

eee wrote:It's hard to imagine things can get any worse or more confusing at this point.

But I'm sure they can. And will.

This is PAUL we are talking about... certainly he can whip up more chaos should he feel the need! (Cue theme music of "it's a Mad, mad mad, mad world"
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

FreeFlier
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:33 pm
Location: Land of the webbed feet

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by FreeFlier » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 pm

eee wrote:It's hard to imagine things can get any worse or more confusing at this point.

But I'm sure they can. And will.
Pirta wrote:This place, like, makes crazy, right?
Sure does . . .

--FreeFlier

Alkarii
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by Alkarii » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:43 pm

Sgt. Howard wrote:
eee wrote:It's hard to imagine things can get any worse or more confusing at this point.

But I'm sure they can. And will.

This is PAUL we are talking about... certainly he can whip up more chaos should he feel the need! (Cue theme music of "it's a Mad, mad mad, mad world"
Nobody seems to be running in circles, so it must not be a mad world after all.
Does it ever occur to anyone else that maybe funhouses would not be a good place to live?

User avatar
Just Old Al
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 am
Location: Wilderness of Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by Just Old Al » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:11 pm

AnotherFairportfan wrote: In one of the stories in one of the "Grantville Gazette" series of collections of ascended fanfiction for Eric Flint's "1632/Ring of Fire" books, the fire chief in Grantville, after rescuing a kid who has manged to hang himself up from a church steeple, says "This is impressive. Wile E Coyote couldn't do better with two credit cards and a direct line to ACME..."
Not to mention whoever wrote that has seen the movie "The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!"

"E-MER gen-cy. Everyone to leave the streets im-MED-i-a-tely!"
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 6527
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by Dave » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:13 pm

Sgt. Howard wrote:This is PAUL we are talking about... certainly he can whip up more chaos should he feel the need!
Betcha! There's none better.

Stay tuned for the next episode, when we learn that Hiroshi is actually the bastard child of two terribly star-crossed lovers: one of the human biotechnology researchers who genetically-engineered Castela, and an undercover Fae assassin named Kiddo who had been sent to destroy the Blackthorn project.
(Cue theme music of "it's a Mad, mad mad, mad world")
I was thinking more of Paul Anka, singing "You're Having My Seedlings"...

User avatar
jwhouk
Posts: 5445
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 am
Location: The Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by jwhouk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:48 pm

Dave wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:This is PAUL we are talking about... certainly he can whip up more chaos should he feel the need!
Betcha! There's none better.

Stay tuned for the next episode, when we learn that Hiroshi is actually the bastard child of two terribly star-crossed lovers: one of the human biotechnology researchers who genetically-engineered Castela, and an undercover Fae assassin named Kiddo who had been sent to destroy the Blackthorn project.
(Cue theme music of "it's a Mad, mad mad, mad world")
I was thinking more of Paul Anka, singing "You're Having My Seedlings"...
Nah, the whole "my lover, my assassin" thing is just sooo two Doctors ago...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin

User avatar
GlytchMeister
Posts: 3628
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Central Illinois
Contact:

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by GlytchMeister » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Yakity Sax or Days Of Our Lives.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!

User avatar
Atomic
Posts: 2370
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:39 am
Location: Central PA
Contact:

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by Atomic » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 am

Dave wrote:Stay tuned for the next episode, when we learn that Hiroshi is actually the bastard child of two terribly star-crossed lovers: one of the human biotechnology researchers who genetically-engineered Castela, and an undercover Fae assassin named Kiddo who had been sent to destroy the Blackthorn project.
Yakkity Sax? Hell no! HERE's your tune, baby!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff

Post Reply