To Me 2017-07-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Re: To Me 2017-07-18

Post by jwhouk »

*** PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Berdine Starr - the older of the Ursamorph twins. She is admittedly "straight as an arrow" (according to her sister), and wears her hair longer. Their mom is the head of a huge construction company based in the Midwest (which may have been the reason why they moved to the MSP area). Nicknamed "Ber" or "Dine" (latter pronounced DEEN)

Nadette Starr - the younger of the Ursamorph twins. A seer (who has trouble "seeing" people who are close to her) who is super smitten with one Atsali. Doesn't really have plans for her life at the current time - except Atsali. Nicknamed "Dette".

Skylar Faust - the succubus future roommate of Atsali at Dragon's Wall College. Doesn't seem very motivated at times, but does have a rebellious streak - along with a lot of nipple tape. Her mom had to basically kick her into applying for a scholarship at DWC.

Atsali Sirena Rahal Gilchrist - the siren and recent high school graduate who has essentially become the main character of this comic. She is admittedly bi (she likes boys and girls, too; she asked a "cute boy" out who turned out to be gay), and is currently smitten with Nadette. Despite having the IQ of a rocket scientist, she can be clueless as a rock at times. Lost her mother and father to assassins when she was a little girl; orphaned to the age of 15 when she met one Katherine Gilchrist. The rest, they say, is history. Nicknamed "Sali".

Castela Enora Rahal Gilchrist - the blackthorn ("whatsit") that was "made" by individuals in the paranormal world seeking to create a superweapon (possibly on the same scale as the Chimera). She was given a "protector" instinct by her creators - who may have had something to do with the Fae. "Liberated" from the laboratory by Leucoisa Rahal (Atsali's mother); she was left at the same orphanage as Atsali. When Katherine came to adopt Atsali, Castela (aka "Pickle") was part of the bargain. The rest, they say, is history. Also known as "Cass" or "Cassi" by her friends. (Castela is the name of a thorny plant - and a sponge cake from Japan.)

*** END PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ***
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

FreeFlier wrote:Back when they were on the island and Atsali asked about Berdine, Nadette (who should know) said Berdine was "straight as an arrow".]

--FreeFlier
As i recalled it, there was an "...as far as I know..." rider in there
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

'Castela ENORA Gilchrist", i thought, thinking back to Katerine Mommy Voice-three-naming her over her kindergarten freak-out
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

jwhouk wrote:Castela is the name of a thorny plant - and a sponge cake from Japan.
A thorny Japanese sponge cake made by elves, perhaps?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Castela is the name of a thorny plant - and a sponge cake from Japan.
Yup... and that's why Castela likes it so much. She knows that if she eats enough of it, it'll keebler out of trouble.
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
Atomic wrote:
Yup... and that's why Castela likes it so much. She knows that if she eats enough of it, it'll keebler out of trouble.
Elf defense.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:Back when they were on the island and Atsali asked about Berdine, Nadette (who should know) said Berdine was "straight as an arrow".]

--FreeFlier
As i recalled it, there was an "...as far as I know..." rider in there
I don't remember a rider at all, and don't have time to look now.

--FreeFlier
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Keeper of the Omnibus to the rescue!

No rider, she's straight.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Must hav been some other character and similar dialog. {As a matter of fact, the dialog in my head said "...as a ruler", not "arrow", so...}
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

*Public Service Announcement, hereby duly recognized & appreciated.*
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

BTW, the quote was "straight as an arrow".
AnotherFairportfan

AmriloJim wrote:BTW, the quote was "straight as an arrow".
I was responding to a post pointing that out when i conceded that since i clearly recalled "straight as a ruler" it must have been somewhere else.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Of course, I've seen some awfully warped and bent arrows. . .
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

jwhouk wrote: Atsali Sirena Rahal Gilchrist -
Castela Enora Rahal Gilchrist -
"Rahal"??? where did THAT come from? i only remember Katherine using all three of their names when she was pissed and using the "Mommy Voice" on them, but i don't ever recall the name Rahal...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
AnotherFairportfan

scantrontb wrote:
jwhouk wrote: Atsali Sirena Rahal Gilchrist -
"Rahal"??? where did THAT come from? i only remember Katherine using all three of their names when she was pissed and using the "Mommy Voice" on them, but i don't ever recall the name Rahal...
Perhaps Paul told us (somewhere) what Atsali's parents surname was?
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
scantrontb wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Atsali Sirena Rahal Gilchrist -
Perhaps Paul told us (somewhere) what Atsali's parents surname was?
Yes.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

FreeFlier wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Perhaps Paul told us (somewhere) what Atsali's parents surname was?
Yes.

--FreeFlier
I had forgotten that page.

I shall now make an attempt to once more do so.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The line forms to the right as to wanting to forget that page.