Shiny toy

Just a little nook for SteamPunk folks to talk shop, costuming/cosplay, media, and rub elbows.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Shiny toy

Post by DinkyInky »

Cannot believe I forgot to show the nifty toy I got my son, and he got his cousin. It makes for cute Steampunky goodness, ne?

Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Atomic

Re: Shiny toy

Post by Atomic »

Snazzy! All the joys and features of a full size navigation compass in a handy ring size package!

The deluxe model points toward your heart's true desire, I'm told...
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Atomic wrote:Snazzy! All the joys and features of a full size navigation compass in a handy ring size package!

I totally need to make one up like that for his Jack Sparrow mark III.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:
Atomic wrote:Snazzy! All the joys and features of a full size navigation compass in a handy ring size package!

Yes you do! And then you must post pictures for us, precious. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

DinkyInky wrote:

Either that or a Mini Death Ray... you can't be a Mad-Boy Spark without one!...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

scantrontb wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:

Well, Gil didn't, but then, he's a Wulfenbach. They're strange, even for Sparks.

Actually... I had a rather facepalm-worthy crossover fic in my head wherin Jack Sparrow ends up with the Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver... then the Doctor finds out that a high alcohol content liquid is able to seep through the cracks in the Dalek's shells and cause short circuits and possibly also make them drunk in the process, causing their actions to become somewhat erratic, and employing the store of Rum as a weapon against them. Sparrow then trades the screwdriver back to the Doctor on the solemn oath that he shall never again return to plunder his rum stash.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

ROFLMAO

--Safyr Drathmir
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Somehow, that all works, actually!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Actually... I had a rather facepalm-worthy crossover fic in my head wherin Jack Sparrow ends up with the Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver... then the Doctor finds out that a high alcohol content liquid is able to seep through the cracks in the Dalek's shells and cause short circuits and possibly also make them drunk in the process, causing their actions to become somewhat erratic, and employing the store of Rum as a weapon against them. Sparrow then trades the screwdriver back to the Doctor on the solemn oath that he shall never again return to plunder his rum stash.
Since liquor would play a critical role in this plotline, the title of the episode would have to be "The Toot Doctors", would it not?

(deposits a virtual coupon good for a bottle of Captain Morgan in the Pun Jar)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

scantrontb wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:

I take it you saw the Steampunkin 'chop Adonis from the InkTank boards did of my son. I am so tempted to retool an old Halloween pumpkin lamp into one, cause the idea is too utterly amusing to just leave alone. Oh, and find a mini pair of goggles for him.

--Safyr Drathmir
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

I just found this - a STEAMPUNK Sonic Screwdriver - the Trans-Temporal Sonic Screwdriver prop - available on Amazon!

*edit* Sorry, I had to take the link off - 'cause it linked into MY account in Amazon. I completely trust all the forumites - but as the saying goes "Trust in Allah - but tie up your camel". Go to Amazon and search for "Trans-Temporal sonic screwdriver" - less than $30!
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

NOTDilbert wrote:I just found this - a STEAMPUNK Sonic Screwdriver - the Trans-Temporal Sonic Screwdriver prop - available on Amazon!

*edit* Sorry, I had to take the link off - 'cause it linked into MY account in Amazon. I completely trust all the forumites - but as the saying goes "Trust in Allah - but tie up your camel". Go to Amazon and search for "Trans-Temporal sonic screwdriver" - less than $30!
Odd, I link all the time, but when I check from another computer not linked to my account, it shows up as a generic Amazon store link.
I like this better for a steampunk sonic. That one listed I dunno, it lacks the elegance of most of the steampunk engineers attempts I have seen. The link contains my favourite thus far.

My son has been asking me to find him the Sherlock in the 22nd century series so he can see if he could perhaps add some steampunk to that, and I keep telling him that anything he comes up with is better than the selections they have there.

--Safyr Drathmir