Not exactly SteamPunk...

Just a little nook for SteamPunk folks to talk shop, costuming/cosplay, media, and rub elbows.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: Not exactly SteamPunk...

Post by DinkyInky »

Bwahahahaaaaaa! Oh too funny! My friend brings over a movie every Saturday. This week the choice was Detective Conan: The Phantom of Baker Street. My wee one sat there in his Deerstalker holding the Magnifying glass looking all Sherlock. What a ham!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
PrettyPrincess

Post by PrettyPrincess »

EEEEE Adorbz. I love it love it. <3
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

PrettyPrincess wrote:EEEEE Adorbz. I love it love it. <3
Thanks much! How about you and yours? Have fun, kids get a grand haul and many Steampunky adventures?
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Kaibyo

Post by Kaibyo »

Oh, bravo!!! :lol: This is wonderful! :D It's another one of those times that I wish my mom was still alive. She used to make my costumes by hand every year and they were wonderful. I have many happy memories of them(exept for the year I was a clown - the darned netting she used to make the neck, wrist and ankle ruffle itched like blazes and gave me a rash! :cry: LOL). She would have loved to help you and suggest some real good stuff. ;) I'm lucky if I can sew on a button or hem something by hand. No sewing talent at all!!

I was reading Sherlock Holmes at 6 or 7. My grandmother taught me how to read early on,mostly out of self-defence - I'd hang over her shoulder and ask what she was reading. She helped me through the difficult stuff and, oddly enough, never glossed over his addiction. This was in the late 50's, mind you, when that stuff was shocking, sort of swept under the rug or ignored(the "Leave It to Beaver" era,y'know.). She was a wonderful woman. When I hit the end of Conan Doyle's writing I was heartbroken.She also showed me that other authors did pastiches of Holmes, which I loved. John DIckson Carr did some good stuff on Holmes!
"Our scientific power has out run our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men" - Martin Luther King Jr.

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world." - Virginia Woolf
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

My wee one's idea, and tweaking his layout in a cardmaker,

He has one of those Telescope rings from ThinkGeek, and was tempted to pose with it in his costume (with it snowing the other day it would have been perfect too) for the card, but he liked these two pics best of the whole lot, so we used it.

After I printed them, I thought I should have sepia toned them both and photo tinted the eyes by hand, but all in all I like the overall look.

Happy Holidays everyone!

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Not exactly SteamPunk either...

He wanted goggles, but I didn't have time. He did wear his boots with the red liquorice laces, but I forgot to take a picture...

Is it Halloween yet? I need to catch up on lost sleep...

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Well Done, Indeed!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Thanks.

I loved every step of this project. Pattern making, sewing, pleats, buttons, even the hat. The script on the card took the longest.

He had loads of people comment on it, and he even got called Jervis Tetch(Batman:TAS) once. Made all the pain I have now worth it.

--Safyr Drathmir