Tea talk

Just a little nook for SteamPunk folks to talk shop, costuming/cosplay, media, and rub elbows.

Moderators: The Old Wolf, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Bookworm, Wapsi

Re: Tea talk

Postby DinkyInky » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:23 pm

Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:I was told I acted like a cross between Gollum and a dragon the way I hoarded those. Use coconut marshmallows and the tea tastes a lot like that.

Precious, Precious S'Mores! GRRARRGH! Image :lol:

My pouch arrived last night. I tried some after lunch - one heaping teaspoon full, filled the cup with scalding water from the coffee machine, stirred, waited two minutes, decanted. Added just a touch of sweetener.

It's delicious (I'm not allowed to say "Yummy Tea" in this context, right? ;) ). It's a nice smoky Lapsang Souchong, and the flavors are subtle - they add to the taste without being overpowering or obnoxious. It's sort of the flip-side version of Aztec chocolate (mostly chocolate, but flavored with various herbs and some hot red pepper).

Thanks for the pointer, DinkyInky! This will make a nice change from dark-roast office coffee.
How cute!

And the tea is very yummy. I don't care what anyone says...it is.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Postby DinkyInky » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:40 pm

Just Old Al wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Yanno, I kinda asked for that discussing chainmail gag gifts. I ought to make and send both of you dorks a lightweight aluminum one.

Where's your order book? :twisted:

Just Old Al wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:You're Despicable.

PM sent. :)

What I've done...so far. Ran out of materials.
Attachments
IMG_20160406_1230492_rewind_kindlephoto-79518572.jpg
Ran out of materials
IMG_20160406_1230492_rewind_kindlephoto-79518572.jpg (246.74 KiB) Viewed 4280 times
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:54 pm

DinkyInky wrote:What I've done...so far. Ran out of materials.

Very pretty, DinkyInky!

What's the mnemonic incantation for this one? "Knit one... pearl two... anodize two... weld four..."
Dave

Postby TazManiac » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:35 pm

So, once assembled- you can dip it in a strong tea solution and then run a strong electrical current through it...
TazManiac

Postby DinkyInky » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:40 pm

TazManiac wrote:So, once assembled- you can dip it in a strong tea solution and then run a strong electrical current through it...

I outta flog you for that, but it's not finished.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Postby Sgt. Howard » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:39 pm

Dave wrote:

Very pretty, DinkyInky!

What's the mnemonic incantation for this one? "Knit one... pearl two... anodize two... weld four..."

THAT'S MINE!!! (Blacksmith at anvil) "Knit one, pearl two" grabs hammer SLAM! "Knit one, pearl two" grabs hammer SLAM! "Knit one, pearl two" looks out forth wall at viewer, "I HATE chainmail!" grabs hammer, SLAM!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Postby DinkyInky » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:12 am

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Dave wrote:

Very pretty, DinkyInky!

THAT'S MINE!!! (Blacksmith at anvil) "Knit one, pearl two" grabs hammer SLAM! "Knit one, pearl two" grabs hammer SLAM! "Knit one, pearl two" looks out forth wall at viewer, "I HATE chainmail!" grabs hammer, SLAM!
ROFLMAO
That's how I really knit. Take one skein of pretty yarn, one E-Z pattern, one pair of E-Z start knitting needles.
Knit one, *tangle, swear* Purl none
Knit one, *WHAM!* knitting is done!

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Previous

Return to The Tea Room