Help with 2-way Cross-Overs

Let your stereophile run loose! Talk gear, media, and other electronics that makes music for your ears.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TazManiac

Help with 2-way Cross-Overs

Post by TazManiac »

OK, I have these X-overs I harvested from some physically torn up, high-end Speakers:
Two Way Cross Overs.
Two Way Cross Overs.
IMG_0935.resized.JPG (191.26 KiB) Viewed 15100 times
Now, as I want to draw your attention to the Red & Black wires, esp the ones towards the bottom of the picture;
a three post terminal block has:

- One Red,
- a Pair of Black, &
- a Second Red

on those three terminals.

Also, there is another Big Red Wire on the far right hand edge of things.

I submit these as interesting bits but also I fergot'd to label the wires and I'm too close to the trees to recall what to hook up where.

(I have a few other pictures from different angles and close-ups as well, all in higher resolutions.)

One last thing, as you might be able to discern; there are additional, smaller/thinner, wires still attached to the upper of the two assemblies; they've been removed from the lower unit because a lot of wire cutting went on during the removal of these units.

Feeling a might schtupid right now, but I could use a clue...
Dave

Re: Help with 2-way Cross-Overs

Post by Dave »

I think you're going to need to sketch out a schematic of the components, interconnections, and terminals.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I have one around here somewhere, but the online one is/was hosted on PhotoBucket.... I'll see what I can do.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:I have one around here somewhere, but the online one is/was hosted on PhotoBucket.... I'll see what I can do.
If it is small, you can directly post the image here, it's that the board has VERY limited amounts allocated for pictures.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

DinkyInky wrote:
TazManiac wrote:I have one around here somewhere, but the online one is/was hosted on PhotoBucket.... I'll see what I can do.
If it is small, you can directly post the image here, it's that the board has VERY limited amounts allocated for pictures.
As a matter of fact, thats how I got that Top of Page picture up there in the first place.
(I'm bouncing back and forth between two locations on a whimsical (yeah, make it light-hearted, thats the ticket) take on dealing with the variegates of life's slings & arrows.) Don't care, gonna keep posting (hopefully) interesting stuff.

Trying to keep stuff accessible, no matter where I am at any given time, has me leaning towards punting a set up on to 'the Cloud', more and more...
Last edited by TazManiac on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

OK, I'm looking over the following picture I had previously scanned and posted via Photobucket. (I think I have a bigger, higher-rez 'original' somewhere else
Scanned_Pic_X-Over.jpg
Scanned_Pic_X-Over.jpg (37.08 KiB) Viewed 15071 times
...)
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

This all looks vaguely familiar...

Were it me (and guessing here) I'd suspect the 3-wire block is the output, with the red tied to the choke as low frequency and the other being the high frequency (figuring the choke and cap set up as a bandpass filter.

The input from the receiver I also suspect to be the item labeled "Red 3" with a missing or otherwise removed ground implicit in the equation.

Any chance you can run the output of a signal generator into this puppy and watch what the outputs do on a meter/scope?
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Thx Al, I'm far away from them at the moment but I'm looking trough the higher rez pix I took,

just a min...