More fun refurbishing audio stuff

Let your stereophile run loose! Talk gear, media, and other electronics that makes music for your ears.

Moderators: MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Bookworm, starkruzr, Wapsi

Dave

Re: More fun refurbishing audio stuff

Post by Dave » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:00 pm

But, a Myth is as good as a mile!

Typeminer

Post by Typeminer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:21 am

Dave wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:00 pm
And a straight line is the shortest distance between two puns.

(Bless you again, Spider!)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.

Bookworm

Post by Bookworm » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:28 am

Typeminer wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:21 am
Dave wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:00 pm
And a straight line is the shortest distance between two puns.

(Bless you again, Spider!)
Something's Mything from that statement. Like... A sneeze.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

jwhouk

Post by jwhouk » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:37 pm

No, it's a myth, a MYTH!

"Yeth?"
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin

lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:26 pm

TazManiac wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:56 am
- Upgrade the Media PC's storage and bring it forward into more everyday use. (Truthfully It's a crappy/scrappy dual-core w/ built in 5.1 and an antient video card that outputs SVHS to a big ass'd CRT TV...) W/ an video card upgrade I might go HDMI... :o

I'm soooo behind the Cutting edge, well, it actually IS funny...
You know, I only just got rid of my CRT TV last summer, when I moved... My dad gave me a flat screen TV a few years ago, but I had not taken the time to do the switch. When I moved, I finally set up the flat screen TV in my new home. I put my old TV up for sale on Kijiji, and someone was interested. But when I brought it to him, it turned out that the old TV had a scratch on the screen. So he wanted to forget the whole thing, but still pay me something for my fuel for bringing the TV to him... I suggested he just keep it anyway, to use it until he could find something better. Honestly, I had never even noticed the scratch before, so it obviously wasn't affecting the image all that much... He did end up keeping it, which is a good thing, because there just wasn't any room for it in the new house...

My cell phone is a LG Stylo 3 Plus... model came out a year ago, and is fairly low end... And I am NOT using it to "keep connected" to all the social media...

My cable box is an old, outdated one, one that is no longer supported by the cable company...

My laptop, until recently, was an old Acer Travel Mate that originally came loaded with Win XP... (I only just this month updated to a refurbished Dell Latitude 5285 2-in-1 convertible... 8GB of RAM, a Core i5 7300 CPU, and a 256 GB SSD)

My computer is an AMD FX 4100 processor... it's already several years old (CPU-World says the series launched in 2011...)

My DSLR camera model (Canon EOS 40D) came out in 2007, which is rather ancient, in the digital camera world...

My truck is a 1991 GMC Suburban...

My bicycle is a fairly recent vintage, however... 2012, in bicycle terms, is not all that old.

But yeah, you're not the only one behind the technological curve... :mrgreen: