Sub (rosa)

Let your stereophile run loose! Talk gear, media, and other electronics that makes music for your ears.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

lake_wrangler

Re: Sub (rosa)

Post by lake_wrangler »

In my wife's case, it was a dead bird, which was given to her as an offering... I can't remember how she says she reacted...
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:In my wife's case, it was a dead bird, which was given to her as an offering... I can't remember how she says she reacted...
I can never remember the feline pronunciation of "Num, num!". One should be honored, as the cat is being very responsible and is trying to teach you how to hunt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:In my wife's case, it was a dead bird, which was given to her as an offering... I can't remember how she says she reacted...
I can never remember the feline pronunciation of "Num, num!". One should be honored, as the cat is being very responsible and is trying to teach you how to hunt.
Either that, or it views you as the Alpha, and is waiting for you to eat your portion first... :lol:
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Inky, we've always had Cats around. It's Not enough. Mice are easily dealt with by the four footed 'Hole in the Darkness'. The rats otoh are half the weight of the Cat, who aint scrawny by any means, and are much more insidious. (These are Country Rats.)

The 1st step is prevention and denial of opportunity; I have a lot of screening to do up under stuff, but it's all melty snow slush outside right now.

In the mean time I'm doubling down on traps with more tasty (and harder to pilfer) bait.

PS- There looks to be a whole week coming up w/ greater-than-freezing lows and mostly open sky overhead, so stuff should get back on track soon, Audio/Video wise...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

OK, Update Time:

- Trapped One Rat in the trap, killed it dead. Was uncovering stuff out of doors following rain and snow and three more popped out of an empty 12 pack box they had converted to a redoubt. All got away so far, one came inside last night (saw him/her, missed him/her). Reset traps.
Thats about all I'm going to do w/ rats on this thread, I'll start another dedicated to 'the Rodent Wars' instead.

- As to the Sub Woofer I got it working w/ DVD player and Surround Sound receiver (one w/dedicate LFE Output...). Good News/Bad News:

1) Woofer Works!
2) Woofer sounds like it's 'tweeting'. I'm not sure if it's a mechanical problem, a 'built in sub Amp' problem, trouble because i hot jumped around the broken switch on the back (the Power LED not longer activates now...), or just a 'blown sub' due to mis-use by previous operators.

Next I'm going to rig up a semi-permanent switch to investigate the function of allowing it to filter out Mids & Hi Frequencies vs it amping everything sent to it, w/ the expectation that it's all lows.