What can you do with a bottle of...

Talk about your favorite liquor, ask questions, and share stories all about booze!

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: What can you do with a bottle of...

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:
ShirouZhiwu wrote:I've discovered Fireball Whiskey. A nice mixture of Booze and spice, but it leaves a sticky substance in my glass and is only 66 proof. It leaves me wondering if I've been scammed by sugar and cheap. I'm wondering what I could do with cayenne and a still.
Dark things...
Quite possibly delicious things...I'm still trying to find that Ghost Pepper Beer so I can add a shot of chocolate liqueur and have "Hot Chocolate". I was quite out of my mid the other day and chilled to the bone, and made a hot chocolate...and put Freebirds Death Sauce(Thank God for awesome Texas friends) in it. I drank it rather fast...then the sloooooow burn hit me. Can you imagine a nice alcoholic burn like that? I REALLY want to now. I have had some incredible home-made wines and other alcohols.

That Fireball Whiskey is vile(my 2cp). My friends father had that at a Christmas gathering, and the mere smell of it had me ranting(his son, who works at a winery, brought over several inexpensive port wines that were divine, and I was quite mellow until his dad started talking). He kept trying to tell me that was quality Whiskey(which if you have been reading here, you all know I am a bit of a whiskey(really all alcohol) snob, and waving a glass for me to take. When he asked me if I was too good for it, I said, "You're damned right I am." which was kind of rude of me.
I suppose it might be nice, but I just could not get around the smell of it(I've been used to Bushmills and Jameson and Tullamore Dew for a couple of decades). I do drink an occasional Royal Salute, but most of the inexpensive American, or not Irish or Scottish Whiskeys I've had smell vile. One of my friends had bought me a bottle of Jack Black(I think it's officially called Jack Daniels Black Label or something like that), that is still sitting untouched because I cannot bring myself to be open for disappointment.

Quite possibly delicious things...I'm still trying to find that Ghost Pepper Beer so I can add a shot of chocolate liqueur and have "Hot Chocolate". I was quite out of my mid the other day and chilled to the bone, and made a hot chocolate...and put Freebirds Death Sauce(Thank God for awesome Texas friends) in it. I drank it rather fast...then the sloooooow burn hit me. Can you imagine a nice alcoholic burn like that? I REALLY want to now.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:I'm still trying to find that Ghost Pepper Beer so I can add a shot of chocolate liqueur and have "Hot Chocolate". I was quite out of my mid the other day and chilled to the bone, and made a hot chocolate...and put Freebirds Death Sauce(Thank God for awesome Texas friends) in it. I drank it rather fast...then the sloooooow burn hit me. Can you imagine a nice alcoholic burn like that? I REALLY want to now.
Do you have a Total Wine store anywhere near you? They carry the Ghost Face Killah beer in individual bottles (no six-packs that I've ever seen) in the seasonal section (not available year round). If you don't have a Total Wine, you may want to see if your local large specialty beer/wine/liquor store carries it or will be willing to order some for you. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Julie wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:I'm still trying to find that Ghost Pepper Beer so I can add a shot of chocolate liqueur and have "Hot Chocolate". I was quite out of my mid the other day and chilled to the bone, and made a hot chocolate...and put Freebirds Death Sauce(Thank God for awesome Texas friends) in it. I drank it rather fast...then the sloooooow burn hit me. Can you imagine a nice alcoholic burn like that? I REALLY want to now.
Do you have a Total Wine store anywhere near you? They carry the Ghost Face Killah beer in individual bottles (no six-packs that I've ever seen) in the seasonal section (not available year round). If you don't have a Total Wine, you may want to see if your local large specialty beer/wine/liquor store carries it or will be willing to order some for you. :)
Total Wine rocks! If it were not for Spec's in Austin, they'd probably HAVE to open a store there. We just got back from France and settled in Arizona (for the time being--Texas is still home), and thankfully Total Wine has all of the French varietals that we got addicted to (except for Clairette, sadly…and no bubbly Vouvray, either--but there IS Tavel!). I'll miss the low prices in France, tho…

I have not checked for their beer selection. Ghost face killah, eh?
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Nope, and none of the specialty stores carry it...says too much liability for them to carry it...lousy chickens...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:Nope, and none of the specialty stores carry it...says too much liability for them to carry it...lousy chickens...
Liability?? You've got to be kidding! My hubby is not at all a spice-fiend, and he can drink it. People are special. :roll:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Perhaps it's not so much that people are special, but more that retailers would rather face irritated customers instead of potential lawsuits.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Julie wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Nope, and none of the specialty stores carry it...says too much liability for them to carry it...lousy chickens...
Liability?? You've got to be kidding! My hubby is not at all a spice-fiend, and he can drink it. People are special. :roll:
MerchManDan wrote:Perhaps it's not so much that people are special, but more that retailers would rather face irritated customers instead of potential lawsuits.
I live in a college town(decent law school here no less), and we have "special" folk here. They won't even have a lawyer write up waivers, because other lawyers can tear them to shreds. These privileged individuals have Mummy and Daddy buy them cars when they break theirs, so having a lawyer to sue a retailer for selling a fancy specialty beer that gave them a tummyache, or heaven forbid, make them drunk is nothing. Unfortunately, I think it is such in most college towns, and it gives us hard working folk that want a good education a bad name. Just my 2cp.

I still want that beer(I'm half Korean, and my heat tolerance, while not near Sydney(Grrlpower) level of heat, comes close) for my "Hot Chocolate" Drink. So far, the best hot sauce that I have tried that has heat and flavour, belongs to the FreeBirds chain. I use their "Death Sauce" like most folk use Tabasco.
My rating on a good spicy Kimchi is, "How many jars did it break before you perfected the recipe?" My Mother holds the record with 22. It even broke a ceramic crock(I blame the crock not being thick enough). She uses several types of peppers in it, ranking from Korean Chili to Thai Fire(she says Habanero and Scotch Bonnet alter the taste too much to make it both flavourful and hot). She makes this for my brother(who usually adds a handful more pureed when she is not looking) and I, and jars of Serrano and Korean Chili Kimchi for herself and my Sister.
I remember a foolish manager at BW3(hot wings chain), who bet me I could not finish a platter of wings glazed in Blazin sauce(He bet my bill, and all desserts and drinks comped). I told him to make it more interesting and make it 8 drumsticks(more meat, and less mess for me), and he had me make two alternates in case I could not eat the hot ones.
I critiqued the hotsauce they used, used no dip(like many do for wings), and ate all six Blazin drums before touching the teriyaki ones. I had no water(because anyone used to eating spicy foods knows that makes it worse), and told him that was the most tasteless heat I had ever consumed, and the next time I come, I wanted it mixed 3 parts Blazin and one part Caribbean jerk sauce before I'd consider eating it. Best Chocolate Fudge cake ever(the bittersweet chocolate makes the heat of the peppers such a sweet slow burn), after a lousy meal. Yes, I'm really that evil. :twisted:

--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:She uses several types of peppers in it, ranking from Korean Chili to Thai Fire(she says Habanero and Scotch Bonnet alter the taste too much to make it both flavourful and hot).
I can see her point there. The C. frutescens peppers do have that strong fruity taste to them... it could tend to overpower or conflict with other flavors you're using.

The Thai Fire sounds like a nice choice. I think those were what we had on the table, finely chopped, in most of the Lao and Vietnamese and Cambodian restaurants we were in this last month. They're very effective! :)
Yes, I'm really that evil. :twisted:
I like your style, DinkyInky, really I do! :D
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:She uses several types of peppers in it, ranking from Korean Chili to Thai Fire(she says Habanero and Scotch Bonnet alter the taste too much to make it both flavourful and hot).
I can see her point there. The C. frutescens peppers do have that strong fruity taste to them... it could tend to overpower or conflict with other flavors you're using.

The Thai Fire sounds like a nice choice. I think those were what we had on the table, finely chopped, in most of the Lao and Vietnamese and Cambodian restaurants we were in this last month. They're very effective! :)
Yes, I'm really that evil. :twisted:
I like your style, DinkyInky, really I do! :D
*takes a bow* Thenk yew, thenk yew. I'm here every day except for {insert cool show/game/stuff release day} and when my son needs me. Seriously, my hot sauce of choice for just about everything needing a kick of spice is a flavourfully spicy number called, "Death Sauce" made by Freebirds. It's what most hot sauces dream of being.

--Safyr Drathmir