Local Beer Gardens and Micro-Brews in General

Talk about your favorite liquor, ask questions, and share stories all about booze!

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: Local Beer Gardens and Micro-Brews in General

Post by DinkyInky »

Bookworm wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:31 pm Oh - BTW - I improved the media linking :)
<3
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Bookworm wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:34 pm I don't think Texas ever really suffered from a lack of third party options in beer. Yes, we didn't have a bazillion microbrews like they have now (St. Arnolds, Karbach, etc, etc), but I can't remember when Shiner, Texas, wasn't producing Shiner Bock.
We're fans of St. Arnold's Root beer, not so much a fan of beer in general.

Testing the forums on a KFHDX7, and this version has a one-inch right-margin cutoff. Makes posting here in portrait mode obnoxious. Is there a way to force it to say, use a permanent desktop mode, as it appears to be automatically selecting the mobile version, which hates my tablet.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

DinkyInky wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:38 am Testing the forums on a KFHDX7, and this version has a one-inch right-margin cutoff. Makes posting here in portrait mode obnoxious. Is there a way to force it to say, use a permanent desktop mode, as it appears to be automatically selecting the mobile version, which hates my tablet.
I'll check, but the mobile version shouldn't be that bad. I don't think I can turn off the mobile on prosilver at all. It's a 'responsive' theme. I will look into the margins/padding a bit.

Please drop these into the Board Upgrade thread, if you would. It's easier for me to keep track of them.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Out of curiosity, those that drink Mead and Cider, how to you find them compared to beer? I think the main objection I have to beer is the "drinking liquid bread dough" taste I get from pretty much all of them. The few I do drink on occasion are ones that have the least amount of "bread dough" flavour, which presently include Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy and Berry Weiss.

Trying to broaden my selection, as both the above are seasonal, and coming up dry.

--Safyr Drathmir
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Took Jasper to King's BierHaus in the Houston Shady Acres area (near the Heights) last Friday evening to see how she would do in that sort of environment. KBH has a great selection of imports on tap! I enjoyed a Franziskaner Hefeweizen and shared a pretzel with The J. She was a good girl, didn't eat anyone's bratwurst. Will have to investigate other canine friendly places!

IMG_4043.jpeg
IMG_4043.jpeg (133.79 KiB) Viewed 13266 times
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

So nice to see Jasper! We all know she's a good dog. 8-)

It's hard to explain to dogs that the access and accommodation laws in many jurisdictions are highly discriminatory against Canine-Americans. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.