'official' Romulan Ale

Talk about your favorite liquor, ask questions, and share stories all about booze!

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TazManiac

'official' Romulan Ale

Post by TazManiac »

http://geekinthecity.com/2009/05/07/off ... le-recipe/

I'm sure it needs to be a blue but otherwise clear liquid, so despite being called 'Ale' (something I associate with grain brewed beverages, those that have some bits in them that color the liquid...), I'm still a big fan of the whole Idea of Romulan Ale in general. (heh heh 'Romulan'; Add to Dictionary...)

Just in case you don't want to click the link above; here is the nugget, so to speak:
------------------
Makes one 750ml bottle. (Give or take)

2 Cups Blue Curacao
1 Cup Clear Rum, no flavor or spice
1/2 Cup Grain Alcohol – (NOTE – You may substitute Vodka if you can’t get or do not want the Grain Alcohol – We use it in Geek Manor because we’re nuts).
1/2 Viso Will – (NOTE – If you can’t get Viso Will, you can use any Cranberry Lemonade, just know the color will be off, since Viso does not color their drinks).
(edit- I didn't recognize 'Viso Will', but it's an energy drink...taz)

Mix in a sealed bottle. Chill till ice cold. Serve. Die.
You may want to sample as you go as individual tastes differ.
------------------
Dave

Re: 'official' Romulan Ale

Post by Dave »

Looking at the recipe, I think I can see why the Federation outlawed the stuff. Should give a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster a run for its money.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:Looking at the recipe, I think I can see why the Federation outlawed the stuff. Should give a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster a run for its money.
Wimpy stuff, both of these. Zero class.

I'd make it a drink style similar to your classic blue gin sours, and change it up with Tonic or Seltzer to make it a bit fizzy.

To do it properly, you float the Creme de Violette so it transforms it as it's settling, and the gentle fizz makes it fizzy like an ale.

Also, while it's technically lower proof, it's very strong, and the fizzy gets you pissed rapidly, and it still matches the description of how it feels to drink it.
And it's not citrus fruit flavoured moonshine, which is pretty blergh.

Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

How’s it compare to a shot or three of Gibil’s Scorn, neat? :twisted:
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:How’s it compare to a shot or three of Gibil’s Scorn, neat? :twisted:
Dunno if I'd take more than a thimbleful of that Glytchie, and that's only if I were really seriously sick.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

DinkyInky wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:How’s it compare to a shot or three of Gibil’s Scorn, neat? :twisted:
Dunno if I'd take more than a thimbleful of that Glytchie, and that's only if I were really seriously sick.
Oh, I know. That drink is dangerous. I just can't help but remember it whenever people start remarking on how bonkers some drink is. Kind of a "bah, you think that stuff is harsh..." reaction.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
Oh, I know. That drink is dangerous. I just can't help but remember it whenever people start remarking on how bonkers some drink is. Kind of a "bah, you think that stuff is harsh..." reaction.
I know, I designed it from a ton of medicinal alcohols.

For the pepper alcohols I've made, if you don't have a special heavy industrial Pyrex bottle for it, good luck, it will shatter most standard alcohol bottles due to the Capsaicin levels in a few pepper varieties.

I still want a few Carolina Reapers and a bottle of Spirytus...for...medicinal purposes.
Last edited by DinkyInky on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--Safyr Drathmir
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Alternate method for producing Romulan ale:

1) Shoot a Romulan.
2) Stuff them into a cask of ale.
3) Allow to steep for a few weeks.
GlytchMeister wrote:Oh, I know. That drink is dangerous. I just can't help but remember it whenever people start remarking on how bonkers some drink is. Kind of a "bah, you think that stuff is harsh..." reaction.
For real fun, try some fermented yak or camel milk. While the alcohol content isn't as high as in some other drinks, it certainly has a kind of kick of its own.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Catawampus wrote:Alternate method for producing Romulan ale:

1) Shoot a Romulan.
2) Stuff them into a cask of ale.
3) Allow to steep for a few weeks.
GlytchMeister wrote:Oh, I know. That drink is dangerous. I just can't help but remember it whenever people start remarking on how bonkers some drink is. Kind of a "bah, you think that stuff is harsh..." reaction.
For real fun, try some fermented yak or camel milk. While the alcohol content isn't as high as in some other drinks, it certainly has a kind of kick of its own.
That's Romulan Pickle juice.

--Safyr Drathmir