Sweet Fire

Talk about your favorite liquor, ask questions, and share stories all about booze!

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Gyrrakavian

Sweet Fire

Post by Gyrrakavian »

You'll have to forgive me as I haven't actually made this in nearly a decade. But as I remember it:

Pick out 3 mini bottles of fruit flavored rums that go well together, pour into blender. Add half a bag of frozen mixed berries. 1 or 2 cups pineapple juice. De-stem and core 1 to 3 (based on size) spicy peppers of your choosing (I use a naga jolokia and a habenero). Toss in the pepper(s) in the blender. Add 1shot glass of lemon juice. Fill with ice. Add additional pineapple juice/alcohol as needed. Puré until well blended. Pour inro glasses and enjoy

If anyone figures out precise measurements, I'm all ears.
Last edited by Gyrrakavian on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
DinkyInky

Re: Sweet Fire

Post by DinkyInky »

Wow, sounds like a daiquiri I used to make back in the late 90's after being dared to come up with a party drink for a bartending contest.

Chickens couldn't bring themselves to drink hot peppers. Made it for a few James Bond parties cause the girls were too chicken to drink Martini's. Sobered them up real quick.

Here's mine:

"Hold yer Fire"

Bag of frozen pineapple 16 oz
Bag of frozen mango 16 oz
Four to six jiggers Bacardi 151
Two to four Thai fire chilis, seeds removed
(it's a teeny tiny chili pepper)
One jigger sweet and sour
Splash of chili infused simple syrup

Blend until smooth, adding ice if too thin, or Pineapple juice if too thick.

Pour into Collins glass.

Top off with soda water and a splash of grenadine(which will sink, looking like flames). Decorate with sugared lemon twists.

My personal drink was garnished with sugared thai fires.

Airplane bottle is a jigger...between 1.5-1.7oz.
Last edited by DinkyInky on Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Gyrrakavian

Re: Sweet Fire

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Sounds good! I'll have to try it sometime.

We grew most our own veggies when I was growing up, so I'm familiar with the Thai chilies. Always helped with the seasonal allergies.

Also, thanks for filling in the gap. The liquid to add was pineapple juice.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."