Drowsy Chaperone and ideas

Talk about your favorite liquor, ask questions, and share stories all about booze!

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Drowsy Chaperone and ideas

Post by DinkyInky »

Drowsy Chaperone

1 buttermint(those buttery melt in your mouth mint treats, often given in baby showers, bridal showers, etcetera)
1 1/2 ounces Hennessey
1/2 ounce Massenez crème de peche
3/4 ounce Cointreau(triple sec)

Add the buttermint to a brandy snifter, and then top it with the brandy and crème de peche.
Put the Cointreau in a mug and heat it in the microwave for about 15 seconds. It should be hot but not boiling.
Carefully pour the Cointreau into the glass.

It's a warm brandy drink, some actually use this style of drink as a nightcap...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Re: Drowsy Chaperone and ideas

Post by DinkyInky »

I've done mulled cider spice drinks for the weather.

I've been partial to this one(which my Mother unabashedly snagged from Emeril Lagasse as a means to placate an upset me(read: get me happy drunk enough to not want to kill them for mistaking a $200 glazed ceramic decanter) who was unhappy that someone walked off with my Chivas Regal Royal Salute thinking it was my Mother's less expensive 12 year silver label because both said Chivas Regal):

1 apple
2 teaspoons whole cloves
1 blood orange, thinly sliced
1 quart apple cider(2 quarts)
1/4 cup dark brown sugar(1/2 cup)
1/2 teaspoon allspice(1 teaspoon)
Pinch grated nutmeg
1 cup Bacardi 151 dark(Matusalem) dark rum
Cinnamon sticks, garnish

Make a cloven apple.

In a medium pot, combine the studded apple and remaining ingredients except the rum.
Slowly bring to a simmer over low heat.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat, let cool part way and add the rum(because the hotter it is, the more alcohol gets cooked off, and we can't have that...she deviates from original here too).
Discard the apple(or if you're my Mother, give to daughter as a prank).
Ladle into mugs and garnish each with a cinnamon stick. Serve immediately.

Parentheses indicate changes to recipe.

She never asked said person to play fetch again. Oh, and it took her four months, but she replaced my Royal Salute.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Mmmm...Those both sound good!
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:Mmmm...Those both sound good!
The cider is good. Need to try the first before commenting.

Might play with recipes later to see if I can make one worthy of the little hellion.

--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

Further evidence that I need to live closer to Dinky. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Julie wrote:Further evidence that I need to live closer to Dinky. :P
I think we need a Kickstarter for Dinky's Dive...get her a bar to run...just finding a spot close enough for all the wapsi-ites is the only snag...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:
I think we need a Kickstarter for Dinky's Dive...get her a bar to run...just finding a spot close enough for all the wapsi-ites is the only snag...
Call it a speakeasy. But in all seriousness, I'd need at least 8 mil for all the licenses, building codes, permits, running costs, furniture, booze, background checks...

Running a quality bar is expensive.

--Safyr Drathmir
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

DinkyInky wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Call it a speakeasy. But in all seriousness, I'd need at least 8 mil for all the licenses, building codes, permits, running costs, furniture, booze, background checks...

Running a quality bar is expensive.
Woof!

How 'bout we start with a couple ice chests, 2 x 12 planks on sawhorses, and a pop-up canopy? I got it all in my garage right now! I used to have access to a swordfish head to hang on the wall for ambiance, but the roomie that it belonged to gave it to someone else. Long time and couple of lifetimes ago. I do have some camo netting that could be useful...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hansontoons wrote:I used to have access to a swordfish head to hang on the wall for ambiance, but the roomie that it belonged to gave it to someone else. Long time and couple of lifetimes ago.
Would this do instead?
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Dave wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:I used to have access to a swordfish head to hang on the wall for ambiance, but the roomie that it belonged to gave it to someone else. Long time and couple of lifetimes ago.
Would this do instead?
Nope. I'm talkin' big-enough-to-put-boot-in-mouth size. I may have a picture somewhere.

And I just sneezed. Jasper the Dog was asleep on the floor. She is now awake and has one less dogphart in her system. I think I'll leave the room for a while...
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Hansontoons wrote:I used to have access to a swordfish head to hang on the wall for ambiance...
That would make it hard to forget the password. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Typeminer wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:I used to have access to a swordfish head to hang on the wall for ambiance...
That would make it hard to forget the password. :mrgreen:
Yeah, Kenya. :P
Last edited by DinkyInky on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hansontoons wrote:And I just sneezed. Jasper the Dog was asleep on the floor. She is now awake and has one less dogphart in her system. I think I'll leave the room for a while...
Don't feel bad. It wasn't your fault. She would have dogpharted soon in any case, I'm sure... she's a dog and it just comes along as part of the package.

We could always tell when our Great Dane had snuck into the kitchen and gotten into the garbage :roll: and she always looked so very guilty after letting loose with a poot that made the living room temporarily uninhabitable. I don't suppose she enjoyed the experience any more than we did, considering how sensitive her nose was.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Variation on previous recipe:

Spiced caramel apple cider

One cloven apple(see previous recipe for instructions, or if you realised this dork forgot to post how to do it, just take a whole mees of whole cloves and pierce a small apple until it makes a studded ball)
1/4 c dark brown sugar(or blackstrap molasses if yer daring)
1-2 quarts apple cider
Dash of grated nutmeg and allspice
One blood orange, thinly sliced
1/4 c Matusalem dark rum
3/4 c Buttershots

Place all but booze into medium pot and bring to simmer, then simmer for ten minutes.

Pull cloven fruit and discard, or remove cloves and cut apple for tasty treat(beware of rennies that know the game).

Let cool slightly and stir in rum and buttershots. Serve immediately, garnished with a notched caramel stuck to edge of mug.

It's like you stuck crushed caramel cremesavers into cider drinks...or spiced toffee apples.

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

My unrequited love for her is both true and harmless to her being. Would be that I had but more of myself, then would life indeed resolve as I dreamed, and not as I must endure.

Ai, be there more who've earned such regard, Miss Julie?, you are indeed in good company.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:
My unrequited love for her is both true and harmless to her being. Would be that I had but more of myself, then would life indeed resolve as I dreamed, and not as I must endure.

Ai, be there more who've earned such regard, Miss Julie?, you are indeed in good company.
Sorry. My son is my main man. Day to day doings with him are about all I can presently handle.
But internet hugs and plenty of recipes and crazy stories are always freely and abundantly given.

--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:Variation on previous recipe:

Edit: Yummy recipe

It's like you stuck crushed caramel cremesavers into cider drinks...or spiced toffee apples.
Dang...I can see that I'll be stocking up on cider in the near future. It's finally staying out of the 90s on a regular basis, so winter is setting in here in Houston.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Variation on previous recipe:

Edit: Yummy recipe

Dang...I can see that I'll be stocking up on cider in the near future. It's finally staying out of the 90s on a regular basis, so winter is setting in here in Houston.
*dry laugh*
Remember in the Midwest where I hail from, it's 50 presently, with a high of 70. That is pleasant.
Your weather? T-shirt and shorts weather.

--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I could easily do with some of that 50 to 70 spread. I was born in the cold north and seem to have a better tolerance for it that most I know down here.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

My mulled cider tends to be much less ambitious: a can or two of dry cider, a handful of whatever spices I happen to have in my cupboard and feel like adding, and a double-boiler on low heat.