Recipe!

Talk about your favorite liquor, ask questions, and share stories all about booze!

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: Recipe!

Post by DinkyInky »

Fun!

Two jigger Saint Brendan's Irish cream
One jigger Jameson
Two jigger Buttershots
One jigger Godiva Chocolate liqueur

Add all to amber or green glass bottle and shake lightly.

Add to iced shaker:

One jigger mixture you just made(one more per person if you are sharing)
Three jiggers chocolate simple syrup(add three to every jigger of alcohol).
Shake until blended well.

Melt some Hagenfelds Belgian dark chocolate, cool slightly, then place in sandwich bag.
Twist top opening until chocolate is near one corner, then snip and make the smallest opening.
Creatively decorate a parfait glass with drizzled chocolate(favourite chocolate syrup can be substituted, but I'm a bit particular with my fancy drinks).
Fill to desired level, decorate with whipped cream, then a bit more melted chocolate.

Dozdrowia, Sláinte, 건강에(geonganghe)!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:As for recipes, I'm the definition of a teetotaler, but if there was a drink that could tempt me to the dark side, it'd be the Vesper. Just because James Bond invented it (and not just in the movie, it's in the original book, too).
Good choice. It's really lovely and elegant. Kinda one of those that I'd serve in the speakeasy I'd own if I ever got the funding.
DinkyInky wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Unfortunately, two of the original ingredients no longer exist.
News to me. I can get Gordon's gin...don't like it though, not even after the reformulation. I also...know people, and can find original Gordon's, which is by now waaaaay stronger, and Kina Lillet doesn't keep as well out of a wine cellar. Vodka is all in your personal tastes, and Bond's preference is not mine. If I remember, the Lillet family dropped the quinine and Kina from said wine, but with a tiny modifier, you can reproduce that taste. You just need to be nerdy scientist enough in your mixology to shake it up...which is why most prefer shaken, as alcohol is diluted via ice, and contents incorporated better. Stirring just lightly blends and/or muddles the ingredients, and lack of straining through ice leaves it full bodied, and very strong.
DinkyInky wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:I just noticed one of the recipes for a Vesper concludes with "Shoot Somebody Evil."
If I ran a bar, I'd keep a BB gun welded to something so it can't be moved, aimed at a picture of the latest evil dictator so people who order a Vesper can fulfill the requirements.
If there aren't any fashionable evil people pictures to be had, I guess I can put up a picture of Ultron or something.
In the real world, evil is rarely fashionable. Make that a paintball rifle put on the wall, and put up a wall of all pictures of expired Bond villians with red "x's" on them. Then a picture of a real world villian with the caption, "This is a crime of fashion". Play Voltaire at the top of the hour every hour you are open.
These segments of this thread are part of why I <3 GlytchMeister and DinkyInky so much. :) Just sayin'.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Mwah! Bach atcha Miss Julie!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

*happydances*
*hugs*
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

I want his recipe!

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I kinda figured he just put them together 1:1. But I don't know anything, maybe one is super strong? *shrug*
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:I kinda figured he just put them together 1:1. But I don't know anything, maybe one is super strong? *shrug*
Snooch likes everything all levels of insane. The fact that Eben is considering trying it has me curious.

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

DinkyInky wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:I kinda figured he just put them together 1:1. But I don't know anything, maybe one is super strong? *shrug*
Snooch likes everything all levels of insane. The fact that Eben is considering trying it has me curious.
Yeah... It's like seeing someone you know is responsible jump out of an airplane. "Well, if they're willing to jump, I guess I could give it a shot..."
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
Yeah... It's like seeing someone you know is responsible jump out of an airplane. "Well, if they're willing to jump, I guess I could give it a shot..."
The Pun Jar appears, rattling slightly to catch your attention.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

*eyes widen joyfully*
AAAH! I did a pun! And by accident, too!
*looks around for suitable payment*
Uh... Here we go! One skydiving souvenir shotglass!
Clink!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Is it bad I do not wish to patronise the snooty jerks business?

No luck finding creme de violette yet in the other stores.

Most carry cheap malted or weak fermented grape juice, and mixers that require alcohol purchased elsewhere. I really, really want an Aviation!

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

DinkyInky wrote:Is it bad I do not wish to patronise the snooty jerks business?

No luck finding creme de violette yet in the other stores.

Most carry cheap malted or weak fermented grape juice, and mixers that require alcohol purchased elsewhere. I really, really want an Aviation!
If they were that crappy, no. It's entirely understandable.
Maybe try online stores? Does Ebay allow alcohol sales?
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Imagine a series of drink mixing instructions presided over by the Swedish Chef... at some point point he WILL demonstrate the flammable nature of moonshine...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I always thought that was more in Beaker and Bunsen's department.
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

*imagines the Swedish Chef doing a demonstration, followed by Bunsen and Beaker showing a bit of nerdy science.*

ROFLMAO

*catches breath*

Thank you! I'm still mad those snobs are not just snooty, but fake and ignorant as well.

--Safyr Drathmir
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Imagine a series of drink mixing instructions presided over by the Swedish Chef... at some point point he WILL demonstrate the flammable nature of moonshine...
A few years back I was wandering through the paddock at a LeMons event with some other adventuresome souls, it was late, midnight was close by. Most of my team had given up for the night. One of the other teams was still making noise that did not involve fixing something broken on a vehicle so of course we had to investigate. Greetings and obligatory insults were exchanged and we were handed half-full mason jars of clear liquid. After we were convinced it was not leftover injector cleaner, long sips were taken. Soon thereafter the moon began to glow. Which was strange because it was a new moon that weekend. As we staggered off into the darkness, our new "friends" called out to wish us luck and hoped we enjoyed the 'shine. We had no trouble finding our way back to our garage as the night didn't seem as dark as it was before. Luckily we had no smokers amongst us that night.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

DinkyInky wrote:*imagines the Swedish Chef doing a demonstration, followed by Bunsen and Beaker showing a bit of nerdy science.*

ROFLMAO

*catches breath*

Thank you! I'm still mad those snobs are not just snooty, but fake and ignorant as well.
Now that I would watch!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

The place I like does carry it, and my favourite brand, but were sold our, and their regular suppliers split into two companies, and Creme de Violette is one they're having issues with getting. They asked if I would try another brand if they got it in, and I am now awaiting it. Oh, and they also carry Creme de Cassis! My mystery book night is getting better...now all I need is a new Churchwarden(as my decent one vanished in the move...my Peterson one was walked off with by my ex) and some Cherry Cavendish to perfect it.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

I got it!

I'm still gonna get the Sirop de Violette for experimentation, but I got it!

Soooooo pretty! Soooooo tasty! Posted pics in Miss Julie's music booze thread.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Never try to make a Long Island when liquor cabinets are in close proximity to a TROLLCAT.

Just. Don't.

--Safyr Drathmir