Hugs

Girls like Monica aren't just in the comics. Ask a real-life Jaguar Girl your questions about the day to day ins-n-outs when you're 4'10" and your bras live in the upper half of the alphabet. Keep it clean of course! Your mom may be reading these too! ;) Also, be sure to come visit me at http://yananimkova.com/

Moderators: MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Bookworm, starkruzr, Wapsi

Forum rules
Forum rules
Hello everyone! I just wanted to have a formal welcome to everyone who reads Wapsi Square and joins this forum. This is where you can discuss all things Wapsi related and get to know fellow fans.

*Please don't start any off topic threads here or direct any existing threads astray, OT discussion can be had over at the Wapsi Pub.*

General Rules:
-NO SPAM!!!

-NO TROLLING OR FLAME WARS. Period. You will get one warning. Repeat offenders will get NO warning!

-Swear words are not censored but keep obscene language to a minimum.

-Do not bother other forum members on the board or through direct messaging if they have requested you to stop. If someone is bothering you and you have asked them to stop, let the moderators know by sending them a PM.

-Do not post pictures of or links to obscene material. Any link that is potentially not safe for work, let us know: NSFW

Other than that, everyone play nice and enjoy your stay!
Yana Nimkova

Hugs

Post by Yana Nimkova » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:16 pm

Just had a disappointment today. Don't want to go into details, but I'm feeling a little vulnerable. Hugs?

AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Re: Hugs

Post by AmriloJim » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Today has been a less than stellar one here, as well. **Hugs**

GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:15 pm

*Hugs*

I believe I speak for us all when I say we all have your back. :)
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!

jwhouk

Post by jwhouk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:53 am

Definitely (((hugs))).
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:06 am

Hugs are vitamins, meant for sharing! :)

Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Hugs are always available here- I already consider you as my daughter, and encouragement is free of charge.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

Catawampus

Post by Catawampus » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:06 pm

I'll send hug bugs. They're like regular bugs, but they give hugs. And with those extra legs, they can give extra hugs.

Though they'll also lay eggs in any eggplants you happen to have sitting about, so look out for that.

TazManiac

Post by TazManiac » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:02 pm

Things arent going Great, but I'm fixing more than I'm breaking- so I have Hugs to spare, all you need...

Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Broke my finger in the shop last night and was at emergency till midnight getting it sewn back together - so all the hugs you want but avoid the right hand....

**hugs**(ow!)
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."

Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:36 pm

Hugs!!!!

My day started off having to deal with stubborn people that need to be Gibbs-slapped.

But it improved. The afternoon was productive, though I am curious to hear the feedback I get after savaging a newly written technical unit I was tasked to review.

And a project I've been tinkering with finally successfully reached a waypoint today, so things got better as the day grew long.

Chin up!

Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Just Old Al wrote:Broke my finger in the shop last night and was at emergency till midnight getting it sewn back together - so all the hugs you want but avoid the right hand....

**hugs**(ow!)
"Naow dang it, Al- Ah tol ya thayt thang din' have no support!!! Ah dun tol ya it'd come a tumblin' daown..."
"It was perfectly stabilized until YOUR clumsy fingers decided to muck with it!!! WHAT IN SEVEN PERGATORIES WHERE YOU THINKING?!?"
"CH'ALL TOL ME t' MOVE IT OUTTA YER WAY- THAY'S WHUT AH DONE!!!"
"GENTLY, YOU IMBECILE, GENTLY!!! ... you don't smack it around like it's your Wife's arse..."
... and it goes swiftly downhill from there....
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

Catawampus

Post by Catawampus » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:56 pm

I hope that things are going better today!

jwhouk

Post by jwhouk » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:30 pm

I don't know if any of you follow Yana on FB, but if you do, I have only one response to her presence on these boards:

WE'RE NOT WOR-THY!
WE'RE NOT WOR-THY!
WE'RE NOT WOR-THY!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin

Yana Nimkova

Post by Yana Nimkova » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:20 am

Awww! That's so sweet! Thank you!! :)

Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:21 am

I am serious about what I said regarding the photo- what era/genre would you prefer?
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

Yana Nimkova

Post by Yana Nimkova » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:20 am

Sgt. Howard wrote:I am serious about what I said regarding the photo- what era/genre would you prefer?
Hmmm...either modern-esque, James-Bond-y spies, or something fantasy/medieval. Your preference. :) (Also, whee! A story for me!)

TazManiac

Post by TazManiac » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:38 pm

(oops, meant to have sent this yesterday...)

Yana, I want you to keep in mind- many of us are quick to reply with support but perhaps slow to Ignite in person.

Given the opportunity, you might have run across the Match-Light type of person, but not necessarily have cultivated the slow-to-catch, but long-to-last, type of relationship.

It's not always easy to navigate the Real that is Real Life, but work on your observational skills; both trusting your gut (spidery-sense) in the moment as well as reviewing the After-Action Report of any given situation.

I speak from both prior experience (I perhaps _look_ like a 'Bad Boy', but am really one of those 'Good Guys', the kind that might miss my chance, w/ the gal wondering why I didn’t jump on the chance presented) but also, just today, while 'minding my own business', I observed a very comely and beautiful young lady do a dance, with no one else available to observe but myself, and I not jump up and either participate nor converse at the time. I even ran in to her a short time later and only recognized her as I was helping someone else carry a book case into a Second Hand Store.

In a nutshell, I'm incredibility intelligent, giving, empathic and supportive.

In fact, in other areas; I'm the best person I know. And Modest to boot. :)

One the other hand, and in the eyes of others outside myself; I'm an idiot who has past up many an opportunity .

In fact, I've often felt stupid about personal relationships- but only in retrospect.

It's Not You, It's Me-

wait, no, um, wait-

OK- Look, it's also You, It's not just me.

It's not just Me, nor is it Her, or You, or them, or Us.

It's all of us and our Human Fallibility. And lack of experience, which Wisdom about is often only gained following pain and loss of some sort or the other.

Shakespeare called on 'Slings & Arrows..." . He also spoke on 'Nothing New, under the Sun'...

Let us all encourage the Good, let us Support the Survival of each in turn , and Feed that Courage that gets us up out the door every day, even if it's not every single day in a row...

I don't really know you, but I have love for you, and I want to hear you doing well- so keep it up. And maybe encourage the unexpected, the stuff we should actually expect from each other.

Be Brave.

Catawampus

Post by Catawampus » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:08 pm

Yana Nimkova wrote:Awww! That's so sweet! Thank you!! :)
In keeping with the Shakespearean quotations, it's just an example of sweets for the sweet (though hopefully in much happier context than the original).

I hope that you're doing better now!

GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:10 am

Hey, so how are things going for you? I don't think we've heard here on the forum. :)
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!

Yana Nimkova

Post by Yana Nimkova » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:30 am

They are improving. Been doing a lot of summer shoots. I know you check my Facebook, but anyone who doesn't...feel free! Lots of good pictures!