Q & A: Misconceptions

Girls like Monica aren't just in the comics. Ask a real-life Jaguar Girl your questions about the day to day ins-n-outs when you're 4'10" and your bras live in the upper half of the alphabet. Keep it clean of course! Your mom may be reading these too! ;) Also, be sure to come visit me at http://yananimkova.com/

Moderators: The Old Wolf, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Bookworm, Wapsi

Forum rules
Forum rules
Hello everyone! I just wanted to have a formal welcome to everyone who reads Wapsi Square and joins this forum. This is where you can discuss all things Wapsi related and get to know fellow fans.

*Please don't start any off topic threads here or direct any existing threads astray, OT discussion can be had over at the Wapsi Pub.*

General Rules:
-NO SPAM!!!

-NO TROLLING OR FLAME WARS. Period. You will get one warning. Repeat offenders will get NO warning!

-Swear words are not censored but keep obscene language to a minimum.

-Do not bother other forum members on the board or through direct messaging if they have requested you to stop. If someone is bothering you and you have asked them to stop, let the moderators know by sending them a PM.

-Do not post pictures of or links to obscene material. Any link that is potentially not safe for work, let us know: NSFW

Other than that, everyone play nice and enjoy your stay!

Q & A: Misconceptions

Postby Yana Nimkova » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:23 am

Catawampus wrote:Salutations, Yana, and welcome!

Yana Nimkova wrote:There's a lot of curiosity and a lot of misconceptions about what it's like when you're really short, or really chesty. Some things that people take for granted, and others that they never even think to ask in the first place.

What seem to be some of the more common, or most annoying, such misconceptions that you've had to deal with?

I can remember well enough back when I was short (and everybody was short at some time in their lives), so I have some idea of what that's like. "Busty" is not something that I can ever claim to have been, however, for which I'm quite glad as that would have been extremely awkward in so very many ways.

Well, let's see. The most common one seems to be that you're somehow dressing provocatively on purpose. The reality is more that it would take a tent to camouflage me, and there's only so much I can do about it.

You get the "oh, you have big breasts, ergo you must be really sexually active/experienced/slutty". There's no connection between these two. I've known busty girls who are practically asexual and I've known flat girls who were...well, the opposite.

You get the "she has big breasts, so she must be a bimbo/airhead/less intelligent". This one is the one that pisses me off the most, honestly. I have gotten some of the most patronizing statements. My brain is in my head, not my boobs, people. They make no difference in how I think or react.

There also certainly SEEMS to be an opinion that apparently, having large breasts make you deaf. :P I have heard people say things about me, in my presence (both people who know me and complete strangers) that have just made my jaw drop at how inappropriate they are.
Yana Nimkova

Re: Q & A: Misconceptions

Postby DinkyInky » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:16 pm

Yana Nimkova wrote:
Catawampus wrote:Salutations, Yana, and welcome!

Yana Nimkova wrote:There's a lot of curiosity and a lot of misconceptions about what it's like when you're really short, or really chesty. Some things that people take for granted, and others that they never even think to ask in the first place.

What seem to be some of the more common, or most annoying, such misconceptions that you've had to deal with?

I can remember well enough back when I was short (and everybody was short at some time in their lives), so I have some idea of what that's like. "Busty" is not something that I can ever claim to have been, however, for which I'm quite glad as that would have been extremely awkward in so very many ways.

Well, let's see. The most common one seems to be that you're somehow dressing provocatively on purpose. The reality is more that it would take a tent to camouflage me, and there's only so much I can do about it.

You get the "oh, you have big breasts, ergo you must be really sexually active/experienced/slutty". There's no connection between these two. I've known busty girls who are practically asexual and I've known flat girls who were...well, the opposite.

You get the "she has big breasts, so she must be a bimbo/airhead/less intelligent". This one is the one that pisses me off the most, honestly. I have gotten some of the most patronizing statements. My brain is in my head, not my boobs, people. They make no difference in how I think or react.

There also certainly SEEMS to be an opinion that apparently, having large breasts make you deaf. :P I have heard people say things about me, in my presence (both people who know me and complete strangers) that have just made my jaw drop at how inappropriate they are.
This.

Mine showed up after I had my son, do I also got the,"Who'd she screw for the boob job?"(no way to PC that, sorry)

She's always been flat-chested or small busted, so it's stuffed. Or a WonderBra. Or a boob job.
Then they grab them to check, which always provokes a less-than Ladylike violent response, and more swearing than I will litter this post with.

My polite response, "Unless you are an infant, those are NOT for you." Then it devolves from there.

Common one:

"I earned these boobs through seven months and three weeks of a very difficult pregnancy followed by 48 hours of Labour. They fed my son on demand for slightly longer than the US standard of twelve months. They've earned a break from being handled by an infant, SO BACK OFF!"

To guys:

"Why yes these 40DD(sometimes bigger) boobs are real. I got them in seven months and three weeks though a process known as pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing. You too can have them...oh wait, no you can't, you lack ovaries. Remove the hand, or lose it."

"No, I am NOT just the right height, unless you mean for removing that annoying appendage you are clearly thinking with."

Yeah, busty short gal in a small town where everyone remembers you from HS being short, Twiggy thin, and flat chested. Those days I don't miss it.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Postby GlytchMeister » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:03 pm

That's one of the advantages of moving around a lot, I guess. Nobody recognizes me from the last time I was in town. I got pretty good at social invisibility.

I would like to add that the person at whom these inflammatory comments are directed isn't the only one offended. I can't stand it when people judge their intellect or their personality based on a physical property of their body, be it the color of their skin, the structure of their face (like the Hutu's vs the Tutsi's), their gender hardware, the size of their breasts or how muscled they are (big beefy guys aren't necessarily as dumb as a box of rocks - case in point, Dolf Lundgren), or whatever.

Granted, I'm pretty average looking, I think, so I don't get a lot of that. But I see it happen to others and it pissed me off.

So yeah. Just felt like I oughta say that.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Postby Catawampus » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:00 pm

Yana Nimkova wrote:The most common one seems to be that you're somehow dressing provocatively on purpose. The reality is more that it would take a tent to camouflage me, and there's only so much I can do about it.

And living in Arizona probably means that you'd rather not be wearing thick heavy clothing from your jawline to your toes, I'd imagine.

You get the "oh, you have big breasts, ergo you must be really sexually active/experienced/slutty". . .You get the "she has big breasts, so she must be a bimbo/airhead/less intelligent".

Do you get that sort of response more from guys, or more from other girls, or somewhat equally? Coming from most guys, I'd imagine that it's mostly wishful thinking on their part.

Perhaps when you hold them in a certain way, they act as parabolic reflectors or something and focus the sound more, thus giving you superhuman hearing!

DinkyInky wrote:Then they grab them to check

Yeah, that's definitely going a bit too far. I tend to react violently to anybody simply grabbing my arm or shoulder, and those areas aren't even generally considered "do-not-touch naughty" areas by society. Were I a girl and somebody tried doing that to me, there would probably be a need for a doctor to remove shards of somebody's arm bones from their face.

Hmm. . .and as far as I've known, I've never actually felt implants before, so were I stupid enough to try doing that to a girl I probably wouldn't even know what to make of the results.
Catawampus

Postby Sgt. Howard » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:21 pm

I have felt implants vs. natural boobs (with the owner's permission I should add) and there is a noticeable difference between the two. With implants, there is this mass, this lump, that fully does not feel right. Your first encounter will inform you right away.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Postby GlytchMeister » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:12 pm

Sgt. Howard wrote:I have felt implants vs. natural boobs (with the owner's permission I should add) and there is a noticeable difference between the two. With implants, there is this mass, this lump, that fully does not feel right. Your first encounter will inform you right away.

*high five*

I prefer natural as well. It's not a deal breaker or anything, but I definitely like 100% Grade A Human, additive free.
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Postby Sgt. Howard » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:56 pm

Yanno, in perfect honesty I would likely have a hard time with my eyes were we to meet in public- and I understand you have to put up with that all the time and I do sympathize- it is, unfortunately, a normal male reaction. After the initial shock has worn off, I would hope I have better control- but somebody would grab your person just because? I've punched timeclocks for a helluva lot less (WHACK! 'DING'! -OUT!). I often come across as lewd, crude and socially unacceptable... but a Lady is still a Lady and should be treated as such.

Annie says I spoil her- I always figured that's my job...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Postby GlytchMeister » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:01 am

I used to earn extra cash by basically being a hired clockblock. If some girls would want to go to a bar and have a fun "girls night out" without getting constantly hassled by guys, they hired me to stand around and look grumpy at anyone who tried anything funny. I also watched their drinks and purses to make sure they weren't drugged or robbed.

Of course, that meant I had to convince a lot of handsy drunkards the girls weren't worth the trouble of winning a fight against me. And that usually meant I had to win the fight against them before the concept got through their thick skull. Frequently because I had to forcibly hammer it through the bone.

I wasn't paid for the fighting. That was pro bono. I don't take kindly to those sorry excuses for men who try to take advantage of inebriated women.

I saw guys trying to grab at girls all the time. I frequently broke bones or separated tendons as the penalty for their indiscretions.

Sgt. Howard wrote:Yanno, in perfect honesty I would likely have a hard time with my eyes were we to meet in public- and I understand you have to put up with that all the time and I do sympathize- it is, unfortunately, a normal male reaction. After the initial shock has worn off, I would hope I have better control- but somebody would grab your person just because? I've punched timeclocks for a helluva lot less (WHACK! 'DING'! -OUT!). I often come across as lewd, crude and socially unacceptable... but a Lady is still a Lady and should be treated as such.

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I'd have some trouble too, but I try. You'd probably still catch me at it though. It's hard to fight instincts like that.

I can see how it would be creepy and uncomfortable, but isn't there at least a bit of "hell yeah, I'm sexy and I like it that way" going on when guys (or gals) look? I mean... I don't know... I don't exactly frequently notice girls staring at parts of me, so I have difficulty empathizing. I wouldn't mind it if a girl stared at me every once in a while... But if it happened all the time, I guess I'd start getting creeped out.

Is that how guys like Brad Pitt and Matthew McConaughey and... Hmm... Oh, George Clooney feel? Do they get ogled by women and get creeped out by it?

Wow, that's kinda blowin' my mind. I haven't thought of it like that before... Huh.
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Postby DinkyInky » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:57 am

GlytchMeister wrote:I used to earn extra cash by basically being a hired clockblock. If some girls would want to go to a bar and have a fun "girls night out" without getting constantly hassled by guys, they hired me to stand around and look grumpy at anyone who tried anything funny. I also watched their drinks and purses to make sure they weren't drugged or robbed.

Of course, that meant I had to convince a lot of handsy drunkards the girls weren't worth the trouble of winning a fight against me. And that usually meant I had to win the fight against them before the concept got through their thick skull. Frequently because I had to forcibly hammer it through the bone.

I wasn't paid for the fighting. That was pro bono. I don't take kindly to those sorry excuses for men who try to take advantage of inebriated women.

I saw guys trying to grab at girls all the time. I frequently broke bones or separated tendons as the penalty for their indiscretions.

Sgt. Howard wrote:Yanno, in perfect honesty I would likely have a hard time with my eyes were we to meet in public- and I understand you have to put up with that all the time and I do sympathize- it is, unfortunately, a normal male reaction. After the initial shock has worn off, I would hope I have better control- but somebody would grab your person just because? I've punched timeclocks for a helluva lot less (WHACK! 'DING'! -OUT!). I often come across as lewd, crude and socially unacceptable... but a Lady is still a Lady and should be treated as such.

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I'd have some trouble too, but I try. You'd probably still catch me at it though. It's hard to fight instincts like that.

I can see how it would be creepy and uncomfortable, but isn't there at least a bit of "hell yeah, I'm sexy and I like it that way" going on when guys (or gals) look? I mean... I don't know... I don't exactly frequently notice girls staring at parts of me, so I have difficulty empathizing. I wouldn't mind it if a girl stared at me every once in a while... But if it happened all the time, I guess I'd start getting creeped out.

Is that how guys like Brad Pitt and Matthew McConaughey and... Hmm... Oh, George Clooney feel? Do they get ogled by women and get creeped out by it?

Wow, that's kinda blowin' my mind. I haven't thought of it like that before... Huh.
Imagine being hungry, having eaten only ramen for days to save up for a night out, and then ordering a 16oz. Sirloin cooked just right, with a baked potato and buttered rolls and all the trimmings.
The hungry look on your face just before you dig in? That's the look I get from these jerks, and when one realises it's a reaction to my body, it's a cold, sick sort of revulsion. When a guy touches me, my fight instinct kicks in...I cannot help it.
I've had that with a few girls, but they tend to ask questions first, so it's less creepy. I'd still punch them if they touched me, but at that point, they're not listening to "Straight, and not interested. Back off."

I'm an artist, so my observing guys and girls tends to be clinical.
I've drawn folks while sitting next to them for twenty minutes without them knowing it until I hand them the paper. The fact they didn't notice means I was doing it right. I might joke that some hunky guy is hot, but my preference tends toward lean martial arts builds, and nerdy, engineering science type.
A Lady doesn't leer, they observe. Striking up a conversation means you need to know what to avoid. Watching girls paw at a man, you see the reactions, and how to step in and speak. If he's carrying a book, note the title. Does he like the attention? Move along. Does he get disgusted? Ask about the book, and if you've read it, discuss it without spoilers.

Girls are the same, but we have a more sensitive threat radar. Heaven forbid you try to take my book(they make great bludgeons). Hands off unless you're a friend.

Communicate, damnit.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Return to Ask a Busty Gal *Featuring Yana Nimkova*