Welcome and Hello!

Girls like Monica aren't just in the comics. Ask a real-life Jaguar Girl your questions about the day to day ins-n-outs when you're 4'10" and your bras live in the upper half of the alphabet. Keep it clean of course! Your mom may be reading these too! ;) Also, be sure to come visit me at http://yananimkova.com/

Moderators: MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Bookworm, starkruzr, Wapsi

Forum rules
Forum rules
Hello everyone! I just wanted to have a formal welcome to everyone who reads Wapsi Square and joins this forum. This is where you can discuss all things Wapsi related and get to know fellow fans.

*Please don't start any off topic threads here or direct any existing threads astray, OT discussion can be had over at the Wapsi Pub.*

General Rules:
-NO SPAM!!!

-NO TROLLING OR FLAME WARS. Period. You will get one warning. Repeat offenders will get NO warning!

-Swear words are not censored but keep obscene language to a minimum.

-Do not bother other forum members on the board or through direct messaging if they have requested you to stop. If someone is bothering you and you have asked them to stop, let the moderators know by sending them a PM.

-Do not post pictures of or links to obscene material. Any link that is potentially not safe for work, let us know: NSFW

Other than that, everyone play nice and enjoy your stay!
Catawampus

Re: Welcome and Hello!

Post by Catawampus » Wed May 04, 2016 5:39 am

It would be a shame if such people as those photographers drove her to give up what she really seemed to enjoy doing (and what she seemed to be very good at doing), but she needs to do whatever it is that she feels is best for herself and for getting on with her life. Whatever choices she makes, hopefully they'll be the ones that let her find plenty of contentment.

Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard » Wed May 04, 2016 1:10 pm

GlytchMeister wrote:
Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Mr. Skeevy Photographer McAsshat the Repulsive
C'mon, GlytchMeister, don't hold back... tell us how you really feel about males like that (I won't say "men").
I have a powerful disgust for males who behave like that. I hate them with a passion that is almost holy.

I have a powerful vision of Glytch, Just Old Al and myself traveling to Missouri, assuming we get an address, and explaining a few things to a photog....
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister » Wed May 04, 2016 1:40 pm

:twisted:
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!

Yana Nimkova

Post by Yana Nimkova » Wed May 04, 2016 11:12 pm

Hey everyone. All my love. You are the best crowd anywhere. I'm still baby-steps-ing my way back to being on the internet...just wanted to know you guys are the best.

AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim » Wed May 04, 2016 11:29 pm

It is a relief to see you, love!

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed May 04, 2016 11:34 pm

Hang in there, Yana! We wish you all the best!

You will get through this.

GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister » Wed May 04, 2016 11:41 pm

Hey, you! :D Great to see you here again!

Feel free to take your time. I'm all kinds of glad you're recovering. Progress doesn't have to be in leaps and bounds... And it tends to be safer that way.

(Incedentally, that's how it works with scientific progress as well)

*hugs*
I'm too much!

GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister » Thu May 05, 2016 12:01 am

Oh, and one more thing: don't think yourself weak because you had to take time off after what happened. Don't think you are weak because you went to other people for support or accepted support from others.

You are strong because you resisted and you didn't resign yourself to what he tried to do. You didn't let him. You are strong because you told us what happened and opened up to us.

Opening up to people takes an incredible amount of strength.

Ok? :)
I'm too much!

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu May 05, 2016 12:22 am

GlytchMeister wrote:Opening up to people takes an incredible amount of strength.
What he said. :)

Especially when it's a bunch of (pseudo)random strangers in a forum, where you have little or no personal experience with any of them. Takes guts, it does!

Thank you, Yana, for trusting us enough to do it.

jwhouk

Post by jwhouk » Thu May 05, 2016 7:33 am

Dave wrote:Hang in there, Yana! We wish you all the best!

You will get through this.
Yeah, what he said. :)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin

Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard » Thu May 05, 2016 12:54 pm

We are here for you, young Lady- do not hesitate to ask for help.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu May 05, 2016 2:57 pm

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/04/news/ru ... index.html

:shock:

Though it probably comes as little of a surprise to anyone who has been anywhere near any form of "show business".

Catawampus

Post by Catawampus » Thu May 05, 2016 5:39 pm

Yana Nimkova wrote:Hey everyone. All my love. You are the best crowd anywhere. I'm still baby-steps-ing my way back to being on the internet...just wanted to know you guys are the best.
Well, you're not half bad yourself!

Unless it's the Michael Jackson type of "Bad", perhaps.

Only without all of the public controversies and the weird behaviour and the drugs and the pseudo-military uniforms and a young Wesley Snipes hassling you to abandon all of your dreams to join him as a street thug.

Though I'm sure that you'd be cuter in those uniforms than he was.

And then there would be the question of whether or not you're precisely half bad, or if maybe it's more like 49% or 51% bad, or maybe even only one-third bad, and then exactly which third of you was that third, and if "awesome" counted as its own fraction or if it was part of the whole "bad" measurement, because if the two are combined then you might end up being more like nine-fifths bad or something like that.

So. . .ummmm. . .yeah, keep on being you, and take however much time you need! The Internets will still probably be here if/when you decide to mess around with them again.

Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons » Thu May 05, 2016 8:31 pm

Yana's back? I yam happy!!!
IMG_0680.jpg
IMG_0680.jpg (119.83 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
Welcome back! >gentle fist bump< :)

Yana Nimkova

Post by Yana Nimkova » Fri May 06, 2016 12:17 am

You are all awesome. I've read through the ideas everyone's posted, and I'll have some to say on that front soon. Right now, I'm just relishing feeling like I can be back in "virtual" contact with people without feeling like prey. I'm going to be trying to put a few basic pictures up, so please feel free to check out (if you're not already) my personal Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yana.nimkova

I have a professional one as well, but the personal one are just my online friends. I'm selective. :) But anyone I see who's a friend of Paul's gets an automatic pass. If you're here on the forum but for some reason are NOT a friend of Paul's facebook, just comment here or PM me with your Facebook name so I know you're a White Hat and I can let you in.

*HUGS*

Yana Nimkova

Post by Yana Nimkova » Fri May 06, 2016 3:03 am

Also, here is an example of why I love you guys so much. I tried being online tonight, and this is the kind of crap I get on Facebook (names hidden to protect the guilty. :P )

------

Douchebag: How have you been?

Yana: Been better.

Douchebag: Whys that?

Yana: The thing I went through with the photographer.

Douchebag: Yeah I read that, I'm sorry... Gotta be honest, made me want to kick his kick ass

Yana: Yeah. But the whole "attempted rape" thing has me very broken and gunshy.

Douchebag: Was he even a real photographer or just posed as one to get girls out to see him?

Yana: Very much a GWC. (Guy With Camera, as opposed to professional photog).

Douchebag: I was kind of wondering why he would need his brother there...no offense, but someone as petite as you doesn't exactly pose a threat

Well, I'm sorry... Next time let me know if you need someone to go with you

Yana: They both lived in the house.

Douchebag: Oh, gotcha... Could your bf not go? And what does this mean for modeling? Going to take some time off or keep at it?

Yana: No, it was in Mississippi. A client isn't going to pay to fly me and my boyfriend halfway across the country.

Douchebag: Makes sense...can I ask a dumb true or false question?

Yana: Sure?

Douchebag: With summer coming up, are you going to put up more pics of you in a bikini? sorry...but not many girls look like you in a bikini

Yana: Depends. Not a good question to ask a girl who almost got assaulted. Right now I feel like wearing a burka everywhere I go.

Douchebag: I get that, but dont get to talk to you much, and I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're as close to perfection a girl can get physically, just hard not to want to see you

Still don't see why you're not in like Maxim, much rather see you than the girls that are in there

Yana: I'm too niche for the Maxim types. They want their bell-curve girls.

Douchebag: Sooo...they don't want the perfect body type girls? And besides, gets old seeing one girl after another that looks the same, needs to spice it up

Yana: That's on them not me. Complain to the mag.

Douchebag: If I do, and get you in the magazine, can I come down and take you out to dinner?

Yana: If you get me in Maxim? *rolls eyes* Sure.

Douchebag: ...Maxim is about to get the longest complaint letter they've ever received. Just wish I could win the lottery, then just make a Yana calendar tongue emoticon pay for it then make millions, cause I know that thing would sell out

Yana: Hee.

Douchebag: How are you and your bf? He popped the question yet?

Yana: No, not yet.

Douchebag: Geezo, well if he doesn't byyy...July 4th, I'm going to

It's cool if you say no, but can I get a pic of you?

Yana: <NAME REDACTED>, for fuck's sake. I nearly got raped, and your response is to say you want to see me in a bikini and ask for pics? NOT COOL. Block time.

GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister » Fri May 06, 2016 3:11 am

Eurgh.

Not one of mankind's finest moments.
I'm too much!

Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard » Fri May 06, 2016 12:08 pm

I assure you, my dear-we are certainly not all like that. My wife and I both wish you well through this situation- and we both see you as one tough, brave Lady- emphasis on 'Lady'. Yes, you have a delightful form to gaze upon- and you are in a trade where this is your primary stock.

That does not make you a piece of meat.

Here in Wapsiworld, we are often rude, crude and socially unacceptable. I in particular have a well-earned reputation as a 'Dirty Old Man' based on my writings and jokes. Even so, I consider you as I would one of my daughters and will treat you as such- the other fellows here are not much different. To other sites, you are a sex object- here, you are family.

the Old Sgt.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Fri May 06, 2016 1:58 pm

GlytchMeister wrote:Eurgh.

Not one of mankind's finest moments.
"Nobody ever lost money underestimating the taste of the American Public." - Some Douche

Popiel Pocket Fisherman
The Snuggie
Box Wine
Playboy Car Air Fresheners
Chrome Boobie Girl Mud Flaps
Truck Balls (see above)

... you get the idea.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff

GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister » Fri May 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Its our job as gentlemen (or honorable scoundrels) to offset those less-than-great moments... And it doesn't have to be through great actions.
Little things help too. Hold doors open for people walking in behind you, Donate old clothes to goodwill, stop a shopping cart from smacking somebody's car.

Big things are made up of little things.
I'm too much!