Piercings and Modelling

Girls like Monica aren't just in the comics. Ask a real-life Jaguar Girl your questions about the day to day ins-n-outs when you're 4'10" and your bras live in the upper half of the alphabet. Keep it clean of course! Your mom may be reading these too! ;) Also, be sure to come visit me at http://yananimkova.com/

Moderators: The Old Wolf, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Bookworm, Wapsi

Forum rules
Forum rules
Hello everyone! I just wanted to have a formal welcome to everyone who reads Wapsi Square and joins this forum. This is where you can discuss all things Wapsi related and get to know fellow fans.

*Please don't start any off topic threads here or direct any existing threads astray, OT discussion can be had over at the Wapsi Pub.*

General Rules:
-NO SPAM!!!

-NO TROLLING OR FLAME WARS. Period. You will get one warning. Repeat offenders will get NO warning!

-Swear words are not censored but keep obscene language to a minimum.

-Do not bother other forum members on the board or through direct messaging if they have requested you to stop. If someone is bothering you and you have asked them to stop, let the moderators know by sending them a PM.

-Do not post pictures of or links to obscene material. Any link that is potentially not safe for work, let us know: NSFW

Other than that, everyone play nice and enjoy your stay!

Piercings and Modelling

Postby Catawampus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:50 pm

What are your thoughts on body modifications such as piercings or tattoos when you're a model, Yana? I'd imagine that prominent tattoos would restrict your jobs considerably, though maybe open up more niche opportunities. Piercings I'm not so sure about. Having pierced ears might actually open up more jobs, since then you can show off fancy jewellery. Other piercings, though. . .I dunno.
Catawampus

Re: Piercings and Modelling

Postby Yana Nimkova » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Catawampus wrote:What are your thoughts on body modifications such as piercings or tattoos when you're a model, Yana? I'd imagine that prominent tattoos would restrict your jobs considerably, though maybe open up more niche opportunities. Piercings I'm not so sure about. Having pierced ears might actually open up more jobs, since then you can show off fancy jewellery. Other piercings, though. . .I dunno.

Unless one is going into a niche, tattoos are the kiss of death. Certain genres don't care. But lingerie, boudoir, and classic glamour are all very anti-tattoo. Pierced ears are expected. Navel piercings are okay (you'll note I have one in most of my shots, but you can always pull it if someone objects. Anything visible, beyond that, usually pushes you into niche work again.
Yana Nimkova

Postby DinkyInky » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:23 pm

Yana Nimkova wrote:
Catawampus wrote:What are your thoughts on body modifications such as piercings or tattoos when you're a model, Yana? I'd imagine that prominent tattoos would restrict your jobs considerably, though maybe open up more niche opportunities. Piercings I'm not so sure about. Having pierced ears might actually open up more jobs, since then you can show off fancy jewellery. Other piercings, though. . .I dunno.

Unless one is going into a niche, tattoos are the kiss of death. Certain genres don't care. But lingerie, boudoir, and classic glamour are all very anti-tattoo. Pierced ears are expected. Navel piercings are okay (you'll note I have one in most of my shots, but you can always pull it if someone objects. Anything visible, beyond that, usually pushes you into niche work again.
Airbrushing and setting the cover makeup takes a long time, but those I know that are inked do that when being vetted. The agency also is aware of the ink, and lets a potential client know that unless requested not to, they will arrive with waterproof coverup makeup on, but otherwise bare-faced. The only issues usually involves gauges and snake-bites.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Postby Catawampus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:52 pm

DinkyInky wrote:snake-bites.

It took me a fair while of looking around to find out what those are. Why would those be more of a problem than other piercings?
Catawampus

Postby Yana Nimkova » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:59 pm

More prominent holes, and in a place the camera is often going to be directly focused on.
Yana Nimkova

Postby GlytchMeister » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:17 am

So, a septum piercing, belly button piercing (like you), and normal ear piercings kinda seem like the safest options, right?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Postby DinkyInky » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:58 pm

GlytchMeister wrote:So, a septum piercing, belly button piercing (like you), and normal ear piercings kinda seem like the safest options, right?
Safest options are zero piercings for widest options, in my opinion. Also know that piercings take three months before your body quits rejecting it, and won't close the hole. So unless you have tiny clear barbells, studs, or rings, it will be harder to hide them.

The brief amount of modeling I did talked me out of exotic piercings, and as a Mother, I'm now no longer interested in them. I still haven't found the right artist to do the single tattoo I want, so when I want to see it, I use henna.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Postby Catawampus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:23 pm

DinkyInky wrote:. . .and as a Mother, I'm now no longer interested in them.

Why is that?
Catawampus

Postby scantrontb » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:44 pm

Catawampus wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:. . .and as a Mother, I'm now no longer interested in them.

Why is that?

you have to ASK? what kid WOULDN'T start grabbing and PULLING on anything that was attached to Momma... AND SHINY to boot?!
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
scantrontb

Postby GlytchMeister » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:12 am

She's had her kid around for a while now, so I'm pretty sure her kid's past that. I'm not certain, because I don't know a whole lot about developmental stages of children.
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:35 am

GlytchMeister wrote:She's had her kid around for a while now, so I'm pretty sure her kid's past that. I'm not certain, because I don't know a whole lot about developmental stages of children.

Yeah, but her son is certainly old enough to have acquired a typical boyhood fascination with magnets... and I'm not sure that all piercings are always done with purely nonmagnetic materials.
Dave

Postby GlytchMeister » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:01 am

Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:She's had her kid around for a while now, so I'm pretty sure her kid's past that. I'm not certain, because I don't know a whole lot about developmental stages of children.

Yeah, but her son is certainly old enough to have acquired a typical boyhood fascination with magnets... and I'm not sure that all piercings are always done with purely nonmagnetic materials.

Ow.
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Postby Catawampus » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:05 pm

GlytchMeister wrote:
Dave wrote:

Ow.

"Mommy, I just built this MRI machine for my school science project! Wanna see it work?"
Catawampus

Postby DinkyInky » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Dave wrote:

Mine have to be. I've got base metal allergies. My jewelry is Gold, Silver, Platinum, Niobium, and Titanium.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Postby Catawampus » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:10 am

When I was doing work involving nuclear weapons, we had to make sure that our radiation detectors were properly calibrated. To do that, we had these little purple metal disks with holes punched into them so that they could be hung on a chain or piece of string, letting us handle them without getting in close contact with the stuff itself. They weren't of the "get near it and your skin will melt off" level of nastiness, but you still wanted to avoid long-term exposure.

One day one of the disks went missing. Cue large-scale fuss and bother, since the things could be dangerous if mishandled and such items have been used in assassinations and the like before.

It turned out one guy had seen the disks, thought that they looked really cool, pocketed it, and took it home to his girlfriend for her to wear as a necklace. By the time we'd tracked it down, she was already getting worried by the strange "sunburn" that she was getting from where the pendant had been hanging against her chest. There weren't any immediate after-effects other than that rash, but I don't know what long-term problems she might have had.

So you might want to avoid jewelry made of uranium or polonium or whatever, too. You might find out that you have a radiation allergy.
Catawampus

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:48 am

Catawampus wrote:It turned out one guy had seen the disks, thought that they looked really cool, pocketed it, and took it home to his girlfriend for her to wear as a necklace. By the time we'd tracked it down, she was already getting worried by the strange "sunburn" that she was getting from where the pendant had been hanging against her chest. There weren't any immediate after-effects other than that rash, but I don't know what long-term problems she might have had.

So you might want to avoid jewelry made of uranium or polonium or whatever, too. You might find out that you have a radiation allergy.

Ouch. Yeah, every few years there are accidents involving radioactive industrial devices of one sort or another, which are lost or "liberated", and repurposed as jewellery or decorations. "Hey, look at this neat stuff I found that glows blue!" Definitely not the sort of thing you want to find in a piercing.

Radiation aside, I have little doubt that uranium would touch off DinkyInky's base-metal sensitivities. It's a fairly chemically-active metal... a long way from being noble... and her skin would probably not like it.

There's a pseudo-scientific "health accessory" being shilled about here and there... a "quantum scalar energy" pendant, said to emit negative ions and "healthful earth energy". The commonest form is a black disc, designed to be worn around the neck. You can buy 'em for a few dollars on eBay. They are reportedly made of a natural "black lava rock" and I have no reason to doubt that.

Not a good idea to wear them, though. The "earth energy" and "negative ions" are actually beta particles (high energy electrons moving at about a tenth the speed of light) given off by thorium found naturally in the rock. The government of Singapore has banned these things, saying that someone who wears them full-time could receive enough radiation in a year to exceed safely limits and suffer that same sort of skin reddening.

I bought one and did a gamma-ray spectrogram. The thorium and its daughter isotopes show up beautifully.

Dave

Postby DinkyInky » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Dave wrote:
Catawampus wrote:It turned out one guy had seen the disks, thought that they looked really cool, pocketed it, and took it home to his girlfriend for her to wear as a necklace. By the time we'd tracked it down, she was already getting worried by the strange "sunburn" that she was getting from where the pendant had been hanging against her chest. There weren't any immediate after-effects other than that rash, but I don't know what long-term problems she might have had.

Ouch. Yeah, every few years there are accidents involving radioactive industrial devices of one sort or another, which are lost or "liberated", and repurposed as jewellery or decorations. "Hey, look at this neat stuff I found that glows blue!" Definitely not the sort of thing you want to find in a piercing.

Radiation aside, I have little doubt that uranium would touch off DinkyInky's base-metal sensitivities. It's a fairly chemically-active metal... a long way from being noble... and her skin would probably not like it.

There's a pseudo-scientific "health accessory" being shilled about here and there... a "quantum scalar energy" pendant, said to emit negative ions and "healthful earth energy". The commonest form is a black disc, designed to be worn around the neck. You can buy 'em for a few dollars on eBay. They are reportedly made of a natural "black lava rock" and I have no reason to doubt that.

Not a good idea to wear them, though. The "earth energy" and "negative ions" are actually beta particles (high energy electrons moving at about a tenth the speed of light) given off by thorium found naturally in the rock. The government of Singapore has banned these things, saying that someone who wears them full-time could receive enough radiation in a year to exceed safely limits and suffer that same sort of skin reddening.

I bought one and did a gamma-ray spectrogram. The thorium and its daughter isotopes show up beautifully.

Yeah, I tend to go less Hulk friendly. I did find to my delight, I can wear some types of Nickel free silver pewter.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Return to Ask a Busty Gal *Featuring Yana Nimkova*