DAAAaaa Bears

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TazManiac

DAAAaaa Bears

Post by TazManiac »

Some random thoughts on the two sisters, Twins in fact, who've befriended our Next Generation 8-ball t-shirt recipient.

- Since they are shape changers, lots of stuff gets to get pondered. One thing is the idea that they can form their own Outer Clothing, but I think sometimes they just form their bodies and wear clothes over that like the rest of us.

- (there is no Two...)

- There is a Wonder Twins joke floating around my head somewhere. (re: Super Friends of Saturday Morning cartoon fame...)

- I wonder, if the need arose, if they could emulate some other bodily function like say breathing underwater?

- Do they crave fresh caught Salmon, esp caught on trips 'back home' with no outsiders watching?, or do they bristle at the stereotype? (And maybe still crave Salmon...)

I was looking at the long standing (well, a few days at least) Picture from New Year's Eve and I while I recognize the attention drawing action is from Left to Right, with a heavy gravitational aspect in the Middle, it's Berdine's expression on the Right that stays with me like an after image. Girl's damn cute. Well, that is, a drawing of a fictitious character is Damned Cute.
Warrl

Re: DAAAaaa Bears

Post by Warrl »

TazManiac wrote:- There is a Wonder Twins joke floating around my head somewhere.
Something like this?
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:Some random thoughts on the two sisters, Twins in fact, who've befriended our Next Generation 8-ball t-shirt recipient.

- Since they are shape changers, lots of stuff gets to get pondered. One thing is the idea that they can form their own Outer Clothing, but I think sometimes they just form their bodies and wear clothes over that like the rest of us.
The idea that they form their own Outer Clothing is strictly canon.

That doesn't mean that they can't wear real clothes... but we have Nadette's word that they don't (at least, not as their usual practice).
- (there is no Two...)
But since they're hanging with a Daughter of a Blackthorn, there is a Tree.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I just realized something: Nadette has always had the big ears, except in her human form.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote:
- (there is no Two...)
But since they're hanging with a Daughter of a Blackthorn, there is a Tree.
And the Library has a Foyer.

(tossing a link to another forum's Count to a Million thread into the pun jar)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

jwhouk wrote:I just realized something: Nadette has always had the big ears, except in her human form.

Well, I don't think we've ever seen the Twins in full-on Bear mode... (have we?) It might be her ears are naturally that size and when aroused or otherwise distracted (or not giving a flying fig for what ever reason) she 'lets her hair down' so to speak and, well, you know.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Warrl wrote:(tossing a link to another forum's Count to a Million thread into the pun jar)
Inspired by that thread was the CRFH!!! forum's Count to a million . . . by primes! . . . just because thread...
It was amusing to participate in... after we reached above 1000, we started treating it like some sort of almanac, including a blurb of something that happened that year... And kept it going for quite some time into the future, with board-related and non-board-related future events.... :mrgreen:
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Warrl wrote:(tossing a link to another forum's Count to a Million thread into the pun jar)
Inspired by that thread was the CRFH!!! forum's Count to a million . . . by primes! . . . just because thread...
Incorrect. The CRFH forum thread was not inspired by that thread. It was inspired by a thread on a board where EGS apparently used to have forums, but which may be entirely defunct by now.

The one I linked to is by pictures.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Warrl wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Incorrect. The CRFH forum thread was not inspired by that thread. It was inspired by a thread on a board where EGS apparently used to have forums, but which may be entirely defunct by now.

The one I linked to is by pictures.
You're absolutely right, of course. Your link reminded me of mine, which stated at the beginning that it was inspired by the EGS thread, which, after not going back to your link, I assumed was that one... :roll:

The EGS (El Goonish Shive, if you really didn't know, and if that's the case, just what rock have you been hiding under??? :shock: :P ) forum used to be hosted, if I recall, in the Keenspot forums until the great debacle of ... I forget what year, but it caused many posts to disappear from various sub-forums, and more than one such forum to go seek its own server instead - such as was the case with CRFH!!!

Sorry for the confusion. I had followed your link, and had started reading the thread, but had not even bothered to look at what forum that was posted under... :roll:
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

TazManiac wrote: - Do they crave fresh caught Salmon, esp caught on trips 'back home' with no outsiders watching?, or do they bristle at the stereotype? (And maybe still crave Salmon...)
considering Nadette's face when Honey was mentioned (panel 2, this page) I don't think she is all that worried about sterotypes :)

Now, Nadette in a oversized Winnie the Pooh shirt, licking honey straight from an avocado honey dipper, that might be a picture we will never see :(
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Did someone say Count ?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Warrl wrote:
TazManiac wrote:- There is a Wonder Twins joke floating around my head somewhere.
Something like this?
Or like this?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Grantwhy wrote:
TazManiac wrote: - Do they crave fresh caught Salmon, esp caught on trips 'back home' with no outsiders watching?, or do they bristle at the stereotype? (And maybe still crave Salmon...)
considering Nadette's face when Honey was mentioned (panel 2, this page) I don't think she is all that worried about sterotypes :)

Now, Nadette in a oversized Winnie the Pooh shirt, licking honey straight from an avocado honey dipper, that might be a picture we will never see :(
What do you mean?, I'm seeing that right now. (Mental Tumblr, it's a beautiful thing. It sits right next door to my internal deviantart...)

Hmmm, I wonder if Paul does requests...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Paul does do commissions... and the two I know we've seen are both doozies. Offer him a bit of gold-pressed latinum or the equivalent and I imagine you could soon have an original Pablowapsi of Nadette-in-Pooh-shirt, suitable for framing.

Or, wait to see if he takes the hint, then fight the crowds during the resulting eBay auction :)

A commission would be surer but probably a bit more expensive.