Catching up

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

WistfulD

Catching up

Post by WistfulD »

I stopped being able to read webcomics at work right around the time that the calendar machine saga wrapped up. Now I'm trying to come back and I find that there are at least as many new characters as old ones, my old favorite shipping material is now non-issues (Shelly and Heather forever!), and the plot is completely past me. How on Earth do I figure out what's going on? Can someone at least point out when the Calendar Machine storyline wrapped up so I can figure out where to start my archive trawl? Thanks!
Atomic

Re: Catching up

Post by Atomic »

Allow me to point you Here, which is the setup with Bud and Shelly prior to dealing with the Calendar Machine. Things flow pretty well from there, recapping prior events and lead directly to the CM event.

And then, life goes on!

Enjoy your trawl!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

WistfulD wrote:Can someone at least point out when the Calendar Machine storyline wrapped up so I can figure out where to start my archive trawl?
Wait, you mean people don't always binge from beginning to end or is that just me? :D
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

shadowinthelight wrote:
WistfulD wrote:Can someone at least point out when the Calendar Machine storyline wrapped up so I can figure out where to start my archive trawl?
Wait, you mean people don't always binge from beginning to end or is that just me? :D
Well, there was one comic that in the first three weeks of reading it I binged from beginning to end, twice, and then from end to beginning.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Generally speaking, when I find a comic I like for the first time, I will usually read it from start to end, and bookmark the latest page. It may then take a while before I come back to it, as I have many, many webcomics in my bookmarks. When I come back to it, I will start at the page I left off, and read to the current page, bookmarking it again.

That was generally speaking...

Specifically, when it comes to Wapsi Square, it's a different story... Because of the Wapsi Square Quiz which started over the summer, I have read through the archives completely at least three times since the end of July. I later also purchased all 6 ebooks, to make browsing easier and faster. I have had to browse through a good portion of the comic a number of times, since then, in order to find a specific answer. I sure am glad I have the ebooks, as this saves me a lot of time...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Boy, one of these days someone should put together a summary of the story arcs and characters of the comic.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:Boy, one of these days someone should put together a summary of the story arcs and characters of the comic.
Well, the characters have already been covered in the Wiki and in the Omnibus ebook... Furthermore, according to this post, the Omnibus includes "characters, locales, and a "storyline arc" summary listing".
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Boy, one of these days someone should put together a summary of the story arcs and characters of the comic.
Well, the characters have already been covered in the Wiki and in the Omnibus ebook... Furthermore, according to this post, the Omnibus includes "characters, locales, and a "storyline arc" summary listing".
Ummm... would this constitute a "swoosh!", or the sort of "clearly aware of the fourth wall" recap expositions that characters in "Order of the Stick" are known to make and comment on occasionally? ;)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Ummm... would this constitute a "swoosh!", or the sort of "clearly aware of the fourth wall" recap expositions that characters in "Order of the Stick" are known to make and comment on occasionally? ;)
I don't know if you're referring to the quoted sources, or what, but I can definitely say that my post constitutes a clear lack of situational awareness... Specifically, not paying attention to who had actually posted the previous statement about the need for such resources... :roll: :cry:

I seem to be doing that quite a bit, lately... :roll:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Thanks anyways. I would have put the links in, but I was on the iPod Touch at the time.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

And don't forget that you also need to read every single forum post made since then, in order to grasp the full import of the last few years of Wapsi Square. Yep.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Catawampus wrote:And don't forget that you also need to read every single forum post made since then, in order to grasp the full import of the last few years of Wapsi Square. Yep.
I"m two weeks behind on forum threads on the dailies...and it looks scary...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous