The old Comments are back (at least for now)!

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Dave

The old Comments are back (at least for now)!

Post by Dave »

Today's web-site upgrade/reconfiguration seems to have un-hidden the Comments areas in the main site archive, back on the older pages prior to the point at which the Forum was created.

Dunno if this was planned/intended, or if the old threads will remain visible. I rather hope so... there was a lot of very interesting discussions on those pages and I was sorry to see all that history "vanish". (Some pretty dire puns there, too!)
scantrontb

Re: The old Comments are back (at least for now)!

Post by scantrontb »

i haven't checked yet, but are they able to be replied to? or are they static - read only posts?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Dave

Post by Dave »

scantrontb wrote:i haven't checked yet, but are they able to be replied to? or are they static - read only posts?
At the moment it appears that the ones that have comments, would still be open for replies (haven't dug out my old login information to try). For recent strips, "Comments are closed."

I think I remember the site admin saying, long ago, that the old comments might be restored and then made read-only.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

It would be fine if they're closed -- a lovely snapshot of days and plot lines past. Either way, good to see them again!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

A few clicks of the Random button brought me here. Check out some of these groaners; it's like a treasure trove of awful humour. :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

A link is there but commenting appears to be blocked. I tried but failed logging in. I was able to successfully log into Wordpress directly to check my Gravatar info so I know my name and password are correct.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Just stumbled across that fact this morning and hand-copied the words to "Starry Starry Suit"- and am now looking to have my 4track recording system repaired- I WILL record it, get permission from Paul to use the appropriate scenes as background to the song and put it on "You Tube"-

Paul, watcha think?
the Old Sgt.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.