Castela's Biological Father, might be...

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Catawampus

Re: Castela's Biological Father, might be...

Post by Catawampus »

TazManiac wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man

'the Green Man'.
Might her first name at the lab been Soylent, then?
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

*Ahem* - pun jar.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

It was right upon Castela drawing herself together in human (Toddler) form & taking her very first steps as a cohesive bundle of thorny vines that one of the Lab Workers commented, soto voice-like, "How very Soylent...".
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

:|
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

WHATSITS IS PEOPLE!!!

(As is faes, sirens, golems, ursamorphs, sphinxes, vampires, Nudge-critters and such.)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Catawampus wrote:WHATSITS IS PEOPLE!!!

(As is faes, sirens, golems, ursamorphs, sphinxes, vampires, Nudge-critters and such.)
Kinda kills the horror aspect it had in Soylent Green. (Am I the only person that did not find the discovery in the film to be horrible???)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Well, at the time I first saw it I wasn't horrified exactly so much as yes surprised, but almost delightedly so. But then again I've always been kinda lets say 'practical' about that kind of thing.

(I used to joke "Eat the Body and no more evidence, Jeffery Dahmer kinda blew that one up for me...)

Back on topic, If Dad wasnt the Plant side of the family, and if Mom is/was, who might she be?
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Mark N wrote:Am I the only person that did not find the discovery in the film to be horrible???
If there had been some sort of a program to harvest or hunt down people specifically to be made into the stuff, then I could see the potential for horror. As it is, it's more just efficient resource management. After all, it's basically just a more direct and short version of what happens anyway (think of how many battlefields were farm fields shortly after, with crops being harvested out of them).

I suspect that if we ever get to the point of long-distance interstellar journeys that don't involve some sort of a faster-than-light travel, soylent green would become an accepted reality.

I suppose that if a person belonged to one of those groups who believe that the treatment of the body after death affects the state of the individual's soul after death, then there might indeed be some additional horror aspect.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Its simply the next logical step in recycling waste. Long term space trips already recycle body waste products.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

oldmanmickey wrote:Its simply the next logical step in recycling waste. Long term space trips already recycle body waste products.
Not to stray too far off topic and everything but I've been , er, postulating that Humans have been moving towards an Off Planet Existence. Note the artificial enviroment of 'the Mall', more and more food seemingly (actually) being Astronaut Food, (soon to be embedded) electronic communication, < sigh >.

Oh, and all the proto-Terra Forming, like Dubai and elsewhere.

We're going to need to take 'the Green Man' with us into space...