The Time Forest?

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Dave

The Time Forest?

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight

Re: The Time Forest?

Post by shadowinthelight »

Sounds more like a cross between the time forest and the library.
One of these projects made headlines in the New Yorker . Scientist and artist Joe Davis’ latest undertaking is to imbue apple trees with DNA that has been engineered to spell out the entirety of Wikipedia in genetic data: As, Gs, Cs, and Ts. He’ll use a unique strain of bacteria to carry the coded DNA through plant cell walls and then graft the modified saplings onto apple stock that will grow into adult trees. The data can then be read by decoding the nucleotide acid sequence.
Isn't eating an apple from the tree of knowledge what got humanity in trouble in the first place? :P
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:Isn't eating an apple from the tree of knowledge what got humanity in trouble in the first place? :P
That was the first half of the trouble.

The second was that the adjacent fruit tree in the Garden of Eden was a spy. It reported the incident to God, and shortly thereafter, Adam and Eve were impeached.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:Adam and Eve were impeached.
Wait, I thought that was James along with The Centipede, The Earthworm, The Old Green Grasshopper, The Ladybug, Miss Spider, The Glowworm, and The Silkworm.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

So now you can have a fruitful search for information at your local branch library. Adds a new twist to viruses destroying your database, though.

And what do we do if the database becomes sentient and starts editing itself?
"Huh, did you know that there's an Anti-Logging Act of 2013 that bans all cutting down of any trees anywhere in the world for any reason?"
"There is? I've never heard of it."
"But it's right here in Wikipedia. It must be true! We'd better put away the chainsaws, I suppose."
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Catawampus wrote:So now you can have a fruitful search for information at your local branch library. Adds a new twist to viruses destroying your database, though.

"Huh, did you know that there's an Anti-Logging Act of 2013 that bans all cutting down of any trees anywhere in the world for any reason?"
"But it's right here in Wikipedia. It must be true! We'd better put away the chainsaws, I suppose."
"Bt what does it say about shrubberies?"
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Catawampus wrote:So now you can have a fruitful search for information at your local branch library. Adds a new twist to viruses destroying your database, though.

"Bt what does it say about shrubberies?"
Depends on whether or not a path is involved.

And this coming weekend in Houston we have Comicpalooza for entertainment. I missed the last couple years due to having been traveling. Note to Paul, Des Moines to Houston can be driven in one long semi-miserable day unless you can find a cheap flight. You can crash at my place for the weekend. Only 40 minutes to the convention center from where I live. 47 minutes to a damn good breakfast at Goode Co. Taqueria on Kirby.