This shop sounds familiar

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

This shop sounds familiar

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

CHLOE PANTAZI, The Weeklings wrote:As I peruse the racks of pretty bras, Linda appears: a redheaded, designer-clad, bespectacled, pint-sized powerhouse, for whom the word fabulous seems wholly appropriate. A bra-fitting expert, Linda Becker founded the company 27 years ago, when bras for large-breasted women were few and far between. “It sounded like fun to have a lingerie store,” she says. “Then the American Cancer Society asked me if I would go to school and learn how to fit women for bras and prosthesis.” At “bra school,” Linda quickly learned she was wearing the wrong bra size, and she wasn’t alone. Some women even believed bras weren’t meant to be comfortable. “Everybody that walked in the store had the wrong size on,” she says. “It’s all about the fit.”

Though Linda believes the range of bras for large-chested women has improved, the problem persists. “Women don’t get fitted right,” she says. “If it’s one size off, it’s murder.” Indeed, when I meet Linda, she begins by telling a story about a woman who, at the time, is still getting dressed in one of the changing rooms. This lady had gone to Victoria’s Secret where they told her that she was a 38BBB and then she came here, and, measured properly, was told she’s actually a 32J. On her way out, the woman’s beaming and she thanks Linda copiously, as though she’s healed her of an incurable ailment; the Mother Teresa of tits, performing daily miracles.
...except no lingerie ninjas.

Those paragraphs are from a page online called "My boobs, my burden".
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Mon May 05, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Re: This shop sounds familiar

Post by jwhouk »

Url's broken
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Re: This shop sounds familiar

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

grrr

When i get to the computer, i'll fix it.

============

Fixéd. Story's here, incidentally.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.