Tina, Tina, boBinna

Moderators: MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Bookworm, starkruzr, Wapsi

Post Reply
User avatar
jwhouk
Posts: 5491
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 am
Location: The Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by jwhouk » Tue May 19, 2015 8:13 am

Or if it went Kerbalie, it'd be "Cleanup on the Mun!"
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin

User avatar
Catawampus
Posts: 1985
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by Catawampus » Tue May 19, 2015 5:36 pm

Just so long as whatever mess we make doesn't get on that freshly-painted wall of Tina's shop, as it was a lot of work for her to paint it.

User avatar
TazManiac
Posts: 2936
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by TazManiac » Thu May 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Hmmm, Tina Distillate.

User avatar
Catawampus
Posts: 1985
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by Catawampus » Fri May 22, 2015 10:57 am

TazManiac wrote:Hmmm, Tina Distillate.
Demonstrably strong enough to raise the dead!

User avatar
TazManiac
Posts: 2936
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by TazManiac » Sat May 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Absolutely no reason whatsoever not to luv da goil....

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/keeping-warm/ , (and the next few subsiquint strips...)

User avatar
TazManiac
Posts: 2936
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by TazManiac » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:55 am

I was missing Tina-ski today and I found myself buying some whole bean 'Petes' Sumatra coffee... I

was having a moment in the check-out line as I squoze the bag and sniffed the one-way valve...

User avatar
Baronessa
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:09 pm

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by Baronessa » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:44 pm

Tina is definitely one of my favorite characters (though these new hair changes are not my cup of tea). She's just such an interesting character with so much still that we can learn about her. She's fascinating to me. If I were in the Wapsi universe, I'd definitely sit down and have a chit-chat and ask all about her.
As to whether or not she's alive, I'll let other people answer that scientifically - me, I always assumed that the demons sort of kept her body alive or in a 'stasis' sort of state. Still has blood flowing, still has to breathe to get oxygen in her body, so she's technically alive? But then again, it's also a universe where just about anything is possible.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.
It's not.

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

User avatar
Sgt. Howard
Posts: 3120
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Malott, Washington

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by Sgt. Howard » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:10 am

Baronessa wrote:Tina is definitely one of my favorite characters (though these new hair changes are not my cup of tea). She's just such an interesting character with so much still that we can learn about her. She's fascinating to me. If I were in the Wapsi universe, I'd definitely sit down and have a chit-chat and ask all about her.
As to whether or not she's alive, I'll let other people answer that scientifically - me, I always assumed that the demons sort of kept her body alive or in a 'stasis' sort of state. Still has blood flowing, still has to breathe to get oxygen in her body, so she's technically alive? But then again, it's also a universe where just about anything is possible.
In my fanfics, I have been trying to conjure up a suitable fellow to catch her fancy... yet I find myself mentally playing the overbearing 'Daddy' with a loaded shotgun. I cannot seem to create a guy worthy of her... odd...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

User avatar
TazManiac
Posts: 2936
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by TazManiac » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:49 am

[Redacted comment- "Um, that would be Me, Sarge..."]

I understand how you feel...

User avatar
Baronessa
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:09 pm

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by Baronessa » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:06 am

Sgt. Howard wrote:In my fanfics, I have been trying to conjure up a suitable fellow to catch her fancy... yet I find myself mentally playing the overbearing 'Daddy' with a loaded shotgun. I cannot seem to create a guy worthy of her... odd...
Honestly, I think she'd do well with someone who is a little bit crazy. Not insane, mind you - just someone who is energetic, very open with feelings and what he thinks, rather blunt (but not in the foot-in-mouth sort of way). Someone who could see the crazy mess that she is and recognize it, and then salute it with his or her own.
Then again - I like Tina by herself. She's just such an open and interesting character, one who needs more recognition and acceptance than she realizes, that to pair her away with someone would really just seem to diminish who she is, I think. She's a good stand-alone character. I mean, sure, it'd be sweet for her to be swept up and away by some dashing fellow (or gal, it doesn't really matter), but does she really need it? Naw. She's good as she is. I think before she even goes near the concept of a relationship she should be more accepting of herself - she needs to own it a bit more. All those demons together just foster such a feel of uncertainty and awkwardness that they don't recognize how awesome they are.
You've gotta accept yourself and all your faults, and be able to laugh at them and with them, before you can be in a relationship, I think. But I'm just a youngling with an over-idealized image of love. :D
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.
It's not.

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

User avatar
jwhouk
Posts: 5491
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 am
Location: The Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by jwhouk » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:16 pm

The one thing I've noticed about how Paul handles Tina's character is, I don't think he really knows where to go with her character, either.

I think the conglomerate is afraid of engaging in any sort of relationship with a "normal" person, because of the whole "Who'd want to wake up next to THIS every morning?" thing.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin

User avatar
GlytchMeister
Posts: 3652
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Central Illinois
Contact:

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by GlytchMeister » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:19 pm

jwhouk wrote:The one thing I've noticed about how Paul handles Tina's character is, I don't think he really knows where to go with her character, either.

I think the conglomerate is afraid of engaging in any sort of relationship with a "normal" person, because of the whole "Who'd want to wake up next to THIS every morning?" thing.
I don't think I'd mind. I know at least one person who wouldn't... *coughTAZcough*
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!

User avatar
Sgt. Howard
Posts: 3120
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Malott, Washington

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by Sgt. Howard » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Baronessa wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:In my fanfics, I have been trying to conjure up a suitable fellow to catch her fancy... yet I find myself mentally playing the overbearing 'Daddy' with a loaded shotgun. I cannot seem to create a guy worthy of her... odd...
Honestly, I think she'd do well with someone who is a little bit crazy. Not insane, mind you - just someone who is energetic, very open with feelings and what he thinks, rather blunt (but not in the foot-in-mouth sort of way). Someone who could see the crazy mess that she is and recognize it, and then salute it with his or her own.
Then again - I like Tina by herself. She's just such an open and interesting character, one who needs more recognition and acceptance than she realizes, that to pair her away with someone would really just seem to diminish who she is, I think. She's a good stand-alone character. I mean, sure, it'd be sweet for her to be swept up and away by some dashing fellow (or gal, it doesn't really matter), but does she really need it? Naw. She's good as she is. I think before she even goes near the concept of a relationship she should be more accepting of herself - she needs to own it a bit more. All those demons together just foster such a feel of uncertainty and awkwardness that they don't recognize how awesome they are.
You've gotta accept yourself and all your faults, and be able to laugh at them and with them, before you can be in a relationship, I think. But I'm just a youngling with an over-idealized image of love. :D
I turn 61 this month. My darling Miss Annie is considerably my junior. We behave like love-struck teens most of the time. Our boys have, for the most part, accepted this. I have a niece who is totally embarrassed when Annie and I kiss.
My point is this- my understanding of love hasn't changed from my freshman year of high school. I consider it quite valid. DO NOT forfeit your 'over-idealized' image of love for ANY reason- you will find what you seek if you are patient enough and do not give up hope- but to paraphrase your own words-, If YOU ain't right with YOU, you CAN'T be right with ANYONE ELSE! Pure Appalachian wisdom. Do not give up your childhood because of something stupid like age.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

User avatar
Sgt. Howard
Posts: 3120
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Malott, Washington

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by Sgt. Howard » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:15 pm

GlytchMeister wrote:
jwhouk wrote:The one thing I've noticed about how Paul handles Tina's character is, I don't think he really knows where to go with her character, either.

I think the conglomerate is afraid of engaging in any sort of relationship with a "normal" person, because of the whole "Who'd want to wake up next to THIS every morning?" thing.
I don't think I'd mind. I know at least one person who wouldn't... *coughTAZcough*
"... Taz and Tina sittin' inna tree...."
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

User avatar
Sgt. Howard
Posts: 3120
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Malott, Washington

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by Sgt. Howard » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:52 pm

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/silver-belle/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/in-layers/

Here we have two examples of Tina trying to figure out her way around sex- in 'Silver Belle', you are nor sure what she is nervous about... is she worried she WON'T get kissed, or worried she WILL? I suspect the former, as simply moving away from the mistletoe will eliminate the threat of the latter.
With 'In Layers' she asks (or... one of the covey asks) 'Can we haz badonkadonk?'... I am fairly certain I do not need to translate.
In short- at least ONE of her elements would like to do the 'tubesteak boogie' with a willing partner. The rest are not so vocal about it... so far...and thus we are deprived of their opinions.
THUS: I believe, with the right circumstances and the right fellow, she would be inclined to at least explore the situation- in 'in layers' we learn that she is 36 years old AT THAT TIME- and this issue has not seen resolution that WE are aware of.
That would make a fascinating tale
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

User avatar
GlytchMeister
Posts: 3652
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Central Illinois
Contact:

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by GlytchMeister » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:49 am

Don't look at me, Sarge. I'm no good with writing romance.
(I've tried, it sucked)
Not least because I don't really have any experience in the matter. I can't write what I don't know.
Somebody else will have to tackle this one.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!

User avatar
Sgt. Howard
Posts: 3120
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Malott, Washington

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by Sgt. Howard » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:16 am

you could at least finish the grade school rhyme I'm tweeking Taz with... just the next verse...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

User avatar
GlytchMeister
Posts: 3652
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Central Illinois
Contact:

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by GlytchMeister » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:24 pm

Sgt. Howard wrote:you could at least finish the grade school rhyme I'm tweeking Taz with... just the next verse...
That rhyme has verses?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!

User avatar
TazManiac
Posts: 2936
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by TazManiac » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:13 pm

Oh geeeez, what have I started? TMI bites me in the butt,( wait that was Shelly talking of biting, wasn't it? [Or was it Bud, maybe Jin?])

I'ze confu-zed...

edit-
Sgt. Howard wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/silver-belle/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/in-layers/

Here we have two examples of Tina trying to figure out her way around sex- in 'Silver Belle', you are nor sure what she is nervous about... is she worried she WON'T get kissed, or worried she WILL? I suspect the former, as simply moving away from the mistletoe will eliminate the threat of the latter.
With 'In Layers' she asks (or... one of the covey asks) 'Can we haz badonkadonk?'... I am fairly certain I do not need to translate.
In short- at least ONE of her elements would like to do the 'tubesteak boogie' with a willing partner. The rest are not so vocal about it... so far...and thus we are deprived of their opinions.
THUS: I believe, with the right circumstances and the right fellow, she would be inclined to at least explore the situation- in 'in layers' we learn that she is 36 years old AT THAT TIME- and this issue has not seen resolution that WE are aware of.
That would make a fascinating tale

I was thinking about that, and I was thinking what Baronessa wrote, and in purple, too.

Sarge btw, I'm thinking the 'Can We Haz Badonkadonk' quote isn't referencing a Verb (as in Action), it's talking to her curvy behind.
Badonkadonk is literally a shapely, if not large, boot-tay.

There's an aspect of this I've been pondering too; Tina has lots of observations, even advice, if not just insights to give everybody, but who does she truly 'let her hair down' around? There was the whole reaction at the Cerberus Club, and Atsali's reaction had to be at least slightly typical, so how can she trouble herself to take the chance with a paramour? Ardor/Amour/...Exposition/Comprehension/... Revelation, Revulsion? Bad transition

Monica is a true and trusted friend, but it's not her who Tina wakes up to the next morning after 'Date Night'...

She has the ability to take advantage of some one, I had thought about that till just now.

Maybe whats required or desired is a trusted reset partner for timely and periodic interaction...

User avatar
Sgt. Howard
Posts: 3120
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Malott, Washington

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by Sgt. Howard » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:47 pm

OK- having looked up 'Badonkadonk' and found it does NOT mean what I thought it meant, I guess I am a little at a loss... but there is the crux of the biscut- anybody coming into the shop wanting to hook up with Tina will essentially telegraph such desires via their aura well befor the first pick-up line ensues. How Tina will react to this is hard to predict, but if she sees such attention as undesireable said stud will get the bum's rush right pronto.

I am seeing a situation (similar to Monica and Kevin) where they annoy the crap out of each other first- THEN, when Tina consults with M. (and HE consults with a friend) there is an understanding that developes... slowly... teasingly... plenty of laugh material here... imagine Tina distracted, she who dares not parallel park! And HE (poor sod) trying to out-think this semi-automatron who would be deadly in any poker game!

I like this idea....
I REALLY Like this idea...

More on this later...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.

Post Reply