Tina, Tina, boBinna

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

GlytchMeister

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by GlytchMeister »

Has anyone mentioned how awesome a mom you are lately? Because it's true.

Dayum. I've never filled my camping backpack with candy, but an off-the-cuff estimation leads me to think more along the lines of fifty pounds. I have a bag of post-Halloween candy here that's about as heavy as a pair of lightweight jeans, which are about the same size when folded up into a square. I have stuffed my backpack full of clothes, and let me tell you, it was as heavy as a sack of fresh horse dung... And I was about as disgusted with my own backpack as I would be with a sack of horse dung by the end of that hike through three airports and across two parking lots.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:Has anyone mentioned how awesome a mom you are lately? Because it's true.

Dayum. I've never filled my camping backpack with candy, but an off-the-cuff estimation leads me to think more along the lines of fifty pounds. I have a bag of post-Halloween candy here that's about as heavy as a pair of lightweight jeans, which are about the same size when folded up into a square. I have stuffed my backpack full of clothes, and let me tell you, it was as heavy as a sack of fresh horse dung... And I was about as disgusted with my own backpack as I would be with a sack of horse dung by the end of that hike through three airports and across two parking lots.
Okay, so it would put a huge dent in filling up that black hole of a bag of yours.
The best haul came from him being a Ghostbuster, and due to congestion, the towns staggered their trick or treat times. We went through our neighbourhood with his cousins, then drove to theirs and went through his cousins neighbourhood, so yeah, about two and a half hours not counting the twenty minute drive time. The local pub handed out microwave popcorn to them, and all the kids traded him for a handful of random candy for it. He loves popcorn, so it was perfect.
I actually broke the carryall strap on my pack and had to shoulder it that year because it was so heavy.

So this year...he was walking around like a gentleman, and kept politely asking folks if they had seen his runaway teapot. I was dying watching the reactions.
One guy said he had the colours wrong for Jervis Tetch. He laughed, then asked him if he'd like half a cup of tea, because all the full cups were in use. The guy's expression was priceless.
I am so making him spats for the next time he uses this costume. Oh, and I have to make an Alice outfit to go along.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:I am so making him spats for the next time he uses this costume. Oh, and I have to make an Alice outfit to go along.
I recall you said he didn't care for the Tim Burton interpretation of the character. Nevertheless, I can't help but think that Burton's interpretation of a strong, heroic Alice would suit you beautifully, DinkyInky!

DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:I am so making him spats for the next time he uses this costume. Oh, and I have to make an Alice outfit to go along.
I recall you said he didn't care for the Tim Burton interpretation of the character. Nevertheless, I can't help but think that Burton's interpretation of a strong, heroic Alice would suit you beautifully, DinkyInky!

I'd much prefer fighting in real armour. I'd have full chain under the dress.

That is nowhere near practical. Plate mail with padded sleeves, scalemail skirt and leggings? Seriously? It's a battle field, not a fashion show. Did he blow the budget on CGI, and not have wnough to finish hers?
That was the part I disliked most, second only to the eyesore Hatter(if he'd have played him half romantic dandy gentleman((clothes make the man)), with a bit of insanity, I'd have bought it.), the Red Queen was most amusing though, with her grandiosely swelled head
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

FreeFlier wrote:Many fancy wheels use steel stems and it doesn't work so well on those.
--FreeFlier
Some steel stems are TPMS (Tire Pressure Management System) sensors which relay pressure data to paired sensors on the chassis.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

The lovely, oh so lovely USPS did the work for me yesterday, and official personages came to them bearing news.
I have probably two whole months where they leave my properties clear of detritus before they "forget".
The entire household was told exactly where they could and could not park on the street.

La vita e bella!

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Looks like somebody was out trying to break valve stems when it all went bad...

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/hard-to-believe/

PS- I never noticed this before but in that last panel, Tina looks remarkably like my Brother's Daughter...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Very good! Now that they are officially "on notice", they might possibly be visited by Mr. Denver Boot, Uncle Towtruck, or Granddaddy Pay To Get Your Vehicle Out Of Impound whenever they "forget" what they've been told about the rules.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:Very good! Now that they are officially "on notice", they might possibly be visited by Mr. Denver Boot, Uncle Towtruck, or Granddaddy Pay To Get Your Vehicle Out Of Impound whenever they "forget" what they've been told about the rules.
Not really. One of them has a fuzzbuster, so they know when they will be visited.

This just gives me two months peace until they use it.

--Safyr Drathmir
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

DinkyInky wrote:The lovely, oh so lovely USPS did the work for me yesterday, and official personages came to them bearing news.
I have probably two whole months where they leave my properties clear of detritus before they "forget".
The entire household was told exactly where they could and could not park on the street.

La vita e bella!
Saved me a trip out there...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:The lovely, oh so lovely USPS did the work for me yesterday, and official personages came to them bearing news.

La vita e bella!
These are party-hardened, beer-soaked, sieves-and-sand-for-brains college guys. Their trucks are gallons to the mile monstrosities they trick out to look like race cars. They think because they drink protein shakes and bench a couple hundred, that girls should kiss their feet. They dislike me, because I hold up a mirror at them, and it shows Al Bundy or Dan Connors as their reflections.

--Safyr Drathmir
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Dave wrote:

Hah! That looks NOTHING like my claymation rendering of "Jabberwocky" that I (and one other minor helper) created for a kollege skool class on photography or some other worthy three hour credit. Shot with 8mm movie camera. Got an "A" for the effort.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

DinkyInky wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:

La vita e bella!
These are party-hardened, beer-soaked, sieves-and-sand-for-brains college guys. Their trucks are gallons to the mile monstrosities they trick out to look like race cars. They think because they drink protein shakes and bench a couple hundred, that girls should kiss their feet. They dislike me, because I hold up a mirror at them, and it shows Al Bundy or Dan Connors as their reflections.
In other words, assholes.

No, wait. That's a grand compliment to them and an insult to hard-working sphincters.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Dave wrote:
Again with the furshlugginer compliments!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--Safyr Drathmir
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Assholes serve a purpose... where would you be without one?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Assholes serve a purpose... where would you be without one?
Yeah, Monty Python's royal trumpeteers would be out of a job.

--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:
Ha-haa!
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
Ha-haa!
Yup. :twisted:

--Safyr Drathmir