Tina, Tina, boBinna

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:.. towing is always an option...
I'm just talking here. I'm in a fair amount of pain, and the frat toddlers across the street are annoying me.
The city won't tow unless P.D. orders it, and unless they have flats for days, or a gov't entity complains, they won't even talk to them about it, because the streets are public.

Real tempted to pull stems to insure it.

My son is thus far keeping me on the straight and narrow, but these idiots...grr!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

The Man of the House has my support ethereal though it maybe, hang in there babe and I'll see about that Sunshine thing.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Must...resist...urge to key trucks(and I have PLENTY of throw away blanks).
It's not their fault their incompetent lacking-in-grey matter owners don't take care of them...they jack 'em up with hydraulics, add tractor tires, expensive speakers they blow up with misuse, neons, or worse...leave 'em stock and drive 'em like a race car...

They don't need insult added to injury. Unfortunately, until they're run into the ground, they get abused.

I spent all day yesterday making a Mad Hatter costume from scratch. My son despises the Burton version(though he likes his Batman), so I've had to design the pattern, measure blanks, cut and baste, adjust for fit, roll the seams...

Debating on starching the hat, but I like the unnatural unpredictable nature of it's movement...

Today is pressing, adding pleats in back, sewing buttons, snaps, hooks, maybe add pockets, and making an e-z bowtie, because teaching him to tie one in a single afternoon on two hours of sleep has all of my nope...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:I spent all day yesterday making a Mad Hatter costume from scratch. My son despises the Burton version(though he likes his Batman), so I've had to design the pattern, measure blanks, cut and baste, adjust for fit, roll the seams...

Debating on starching the hat, but I like the unnatural unpredictable nature of it's movement...

Today is pressing, adding pleats in back, sewing buttons, snaps, hooks, maybe add pockets, and making an e-z bowtie, because teaching him to tie one in a single afternoon on two hours of sleep has all of my nope...
Oh yay!! I was going to ask you what he intended to be for Halloween this year. :) I look forward to seeing the finished product!!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Julie wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:I spent all day yesterday making a Mad Hatter costume from scratch. My son despises the Burton version(though he likes his Batman), so I've had to design the pattern, measure blanks, cut and baste, adjust for fit, roll the seams...

Oh yay!! I was going to ask you what he intended to be for Halloween this year. :) I look forward to seeing the finished product!!
Meanwhile, I hope your wrists hold up, with no carpal tunnel issues between now and the finished product!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Julie wrote:

Meanwhile, I hope your wrists hold up, with no carpal tunnel issues between now and the finished product!
Even wrapped, my wrists ache, so no costume for me...prolly will dress in black and paint my face goth style just so I won't look like a boring Mom... Pushed myself just a bit much, but I think it'll work out. Shirt and trousers only thing I didn't make this time.

--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

Love it!! :D I'm sure he'll look adorably dashing (and quite mad). :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Beautiful! Well done!

Now, if you can deck him out in a bowl haircut (circa "Meet the Beatles" era), he could go as the "Mod hatter".
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Interesting historical footnote- in the era represented by "Alice in Wonderland", hatters did a remarkable amount of shaping the felt by hand- the paste used to hold the shape of the hat would dry out, so hatters would lick their fingers to keep the paste moist as they worked... and thus, get a fair dose of the paste ingested.
The paste contained a fair dose of mercury.
Hatters were known for poor teeth, spouting bit of rubbish, and tremors referred to as the 'Danbury Shakes', Danbury being a town known for it's hatters. Suffering from chronic mercury poisoning, the trade became synonymous with a form of insanity... "Mad as a hatter,"... and it wasn't until Daguerrian Photography came about and that it was noted photographers suffered the same symptoms that a connection was made- a Daguerreotype is developed over a boiling pot of mercury.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Interesting historical footnote- in the era represented by "Alice in Wonderland", hatters did a remarkable amount of shaping the felt by hand- the paste used to hold the shape of the hat would dry out, so hatters would lick their fingers to keep the paste moist as they worked... and thus, get a fair dose of the paste ingested.
The paste contained a fair dose of mercury.
Hatters were known for poor teeth, spouting bit of rubbish, and tremors referred to as the 'Danbury Shakes', Danbury being a town known for it's hatters. Suffering from chronic mercury poisoning, the trade became synonymous with a form of insanity... "Mad as a hatter,"... and it wasn't until Daguerrian Photography came about and that it was noted photographers suffered the same symptoms that a connection was made- a Daguerreotype is developed over a boiling pot of mercury.
One of the original reasons for me reading "Alice" was due to my asking the origins of that phrase, and I was about the same age as my son, when my Father handed me that book.

By the by, he says thank you for the quick answer(yes, I started reading it to him, but was taking forever)... :evil:
It helped him get into character.

--Safyr Drathmir
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

DinkyInky wrote:
I'm just talking here. I'm in a fair amount of pain, and the frat toddlers across the street are annoying me.
The city won't tow unless P.D. orders it, and unless they have flats for days, or a gov't entity complains, they won't even talk to them about it, because the streets are public.

I am informed that a good kick with heavy boots will crack a standard valve stem enough to cause a leak . . . or maybe even knock the stem right off.

Many fancy wheels use steel stems and it doesn't work so well on those.
DinkyInky wrote:My son is thus far keeping me on the straight and narrow, but these idiots...grr!
I didn't much like college boys even when I was one.

--FreeFlier
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

FreeFlier wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:

I am informed that a good kick with heavy boots will crack a standard valve stem enough to cause a leak . . . or maybe even knock the stem right off.

Many fancy wheels use steel stems and it doesn't work so well on those.
DinkyInky wrote:My son is thus far keeping me on the straight and narrow, but these idiots...grr!
I didn't much like college boys even when I was one.

--FreeFlier
These are frat boys...they'd rather spend the money on flashy lights, speakers, and believe it or not, low profile tires. I could have yoinked the tires off this Silverado parked in front of my digs last night and stuck them on my Cutlass...only my tires are vastly superior, rated for 70k miles, are designed for a range of weather from ice to flood, and are insured to be replaced if they blowout. I also hate aluminum rims, even when I raced.

--Safyr Drathmir
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Deflate the tires, and then re-inflate them with hydrogen. I'm not entirely sure what the results of that would be, but it would probably be fascinating to find out on a vehicle that belongs to somebody else.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

The solution to idiots with low-profile tires: Icepick. Mallet. Sidewall.

If you can still find an icepick since Sharon Stone's career tanked . . . :twisted:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Typeminer wrote:The solution to idiots with low-profile tires: Icepick. Mallet. Sidewall.

If you can still find an icepick since Sharon Stone's career tanked . . . :twisted:
How'd that happen?

--Safyr Drathmir
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Catawampus wrote:Deflate the tires, and then re-inflate them with hydrogen. I'm not entirely sure what the results of that would be, but it would probably be fascinating to find out on a vehicle that belongs to somebody else.
I'm told that injecting a liter or so of water into a tire causes . . . interesting . . . things to happen once the tire heats up.

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dinky Inky- how'd Halloween go for your Mad Hatter?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote:
Catawampus wrote:Deflate the tires, and then re-inflate them with hydrogen. I'm not entirely sure what the results of that would be, but it would probably be fascinating to find out on a vehicle that belongs to somebody else.
I'm told that injecting a liter or so of water into a tire causes . . . interesting . . . things to happen once the tire heats up.

--FreeFlier
Hydrogen cannot be contained by tire rubber- it slowly leaks. Water has to get to 212 degrees Fahrenheit to get interesting.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:

--FreeFlier
Hydrogen cannot be contained by tire rubber- it slowly leaks. Water has to get to 212 degrees Fahrenheit to get interesting.
Water expands when frozen... If you fill the tire with enough water, the expansion will be too much for the tire, and it will split.
The weight of the water, however, may cause issues while driving at speed. So... It will cause problems either way.

I personally recommend loosening the lug nuts.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Dinky Inky- how'd Halloween go for your Mad Hatter?
Rained a lot, so he was only out for thirty minutes, he filled a medium-sized pumpkin bucket twice(about a small Walmart bag full each time), then we went home and he gave all the GF/braces friendly candy to his cousin, and kept a few specials for him.
I'm going to the store later to get the same candy he gave away to his cousin, and get him some dental friendly gum(he's had a lot of spacers and caps to protect his permanent teeth, as his weak enameled baby teeth needed work), then he's giving away the chewy candies and gum that I won't take to a shelter or some such place.
I guess it was a good haul.
In a fair weather year, with no white fluffy cold stuff or rain, he usually fills a "Glytch's sized" backpack full of candy, popcorn, cans of pop, in two and a half hours, and eighty percent of it gets donated after everyone grabs their faves.
Yes Glytch, I carried about what, twenty+ pounds of candy on my shoulders(at least I think that's what your pack can hold, and that's what I carried) while he continued to collect it until he was too tired to walk any more.

--Safyr Drathmir