Plotline Reference Shorthand

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

jwhouk

Plotline Reference Shorthand

Post by jwhouk »

The purpose of this thread is to allow people to make "sticky notes" (as Jin famously said) about the characters in the current storyline of Wapsi.

An example:

As of this week (9-13 September 2013), Georgette is making her fourth appearance in the strip. Her previous appearances, in order: Interesting observations:
  • Jet had given up control of the pub to her sister Jill (she's "reintroduced" in the storyline featuring the "little elf house" along Lake Calhoun. She was bored, though she liked Minneapolis. She also thought Monica didn't "treat (her) like someone needing validation through knowing (her)."
  • Tina's first impression of her was "She doesn't like people choosing to ignore her, but yet she's more than willing to dismiss others."
  • In the ensuing "dream sequence", I noted in one of the daily threads that "dripping Jet" seemed oddly like Doubt when she first made her appearance back in 2005.
---

As other storylines come and go, we can use this as a bit of a "sticky note" refresher of when/where we saw a character in a past comic, or even a little summary of the current storyline so those in the "confusion corner" can figure out WTHIGO.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Re: Plotline Reference Shorthand

Post by jwhouk »

Oh, and in case you're wondering when the first reference we had to Monica having demons... Try 12 years ago!

A Committee
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Resurrecting the thread for a purpose: I am over halfway through (I hope) a list of "story arcs" from the archives of Wapsi Square. So far I'm up to June of 2008 - and "only" 118 different story arcs. It's gotten difficult at times, because of how Pablo has weaved several "arcs" together (see: the Tapestry Cloth storyline of 2008). But I have generally managed to put it all together to just "summarize" the story so far. It's amazing, by the way, how many little things you see years and years prior that suddenly make sense now: Shelly taking meditation classes from Jacqui; Kath's issues with makeup; and little things we missed the first time through.

Anyways - I'm just over halfway done (and it's already seven and a half pages, single spaced and 10 point font), and as soon as I get caught up, I'll try to post a link on here - probably to Google Drive.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Update: 133 "story arcs" through the tapestry "shootout" scene at the start of 2009.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Udpate #2: I'm in mid-2011. I had to divide up the story arc from Bud finding the sub to Shelly's return to "now" into six separate "arcs". Through the "filler" strips of 20 June 2011, I'm at 197. I've already got the rest of 2011 pegged to 212 story arcs, so you do the math.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And... done (kinda). I haven't finished up "summaries" for the arcs since Shelly took Justin to the Library for the first time, but by my figuring - we're at arc number 255. That includes breaking up Katherine Gilchrist and the Lost Dolls of the Anasazi into five and a half parts (the last one where it's Castela meeting Monica and Shelly).

255 arcs, over 12 and a half years. Impressive, Pablo!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Scratch previous: it's 260! And it's ONLINE! In PDF Format! (Via Google Docs)