Wapsi Square Trivia Quiz

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

lake_wrangler

Re: Wapsi Square Trivia Quiz

Post by lake_wrangler »

Now, I'm going to try to take the time to look for an answer...

There is, that one time... But that was more of an egging on than a question, and it didn't so much imply something wrong, as much as that Brandi was efficient at being scary when needed...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

And here, Bud implies she herself has been quite the dangerous one, in her days...

So we're still not there yet...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Could this one be it? Though I still don't think it implies something wrong with Brandi...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

They also have a discussion, about a part of Brandi's personality that she wasn't aware of... The only question asked was: "What do you mean, Babe?" which is not a really ominous question, though...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sidhekin wrote:Q: When did Bud first imply that something was "wrong" with Brandi?
Well, if we want to go strictly by that wording, Bud literally did ask what was wrong with Brandi, but it wasn't so much in an ominous manner, as much as a stop messing around kind of way.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I'm out of time, for now. I guess I'll wait and see if any of my suggestions come close to what Sidhekin is looking for, before going through more comics...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Hey, sorry about my lack of participation. I didn't have internet until a few days ago, and had to visit w/family while down here.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Don't feel bad: I had internet all along, just not the time to look for any kind of answer...
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:Q: When did Bud first imply that something was "wrong" with Brandi?
Well, if we want to go strictly by that wording, Bud literally did ask what was wrong with Brandi, but it wasn't so much in an ominous manner, as much as a stop messing around kind of way.
Well, I never specified "ominous", did I? 8-)

That's correct! Whew! Thank you! I was not going for ten days with this question, and I fear expectations were running high. "Ominous" indeed ...

Your question, then? 8-)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sidhekin wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Well, I never specified "ominous", did I? 8-)

That's correct! Whew! Thank you! I was not going for ten days with this question, and I fear expectations were running high. "Ominous" indeed ...

Your question, then? 8-)
Hmm. Interesting.

I went back and looked, and indeed, you never said it was an ominous question. I just read it that way: when you said "wrong", I saw it in a grand scheme of things, Nu-Gui kind of way. So when you said Bud implied something was wrong with Brandi, then added later that it was through a loaded question (and I never bothered, until today, to look up the definition of a loaded question), I read it all as a question that somehow foreshadowed something about Brandi's personality split. That's why jwhouk's link to Bud saying Brandi viscerally scares her would have been perfect, had it been stated in the form of a question... ;)

Having checked on what exactly a loaded question is, I can see how Bud's question is that, by definition, as it presupposes something is wrong, but she doesn't know what yet, as opposed to asking an open-ended question, like "Is something wrong with you?"

Good thing for me that she stated it exactly the way she did, or I might have missed it. Or linked other pages instead. Oh, wait: I already did that, didn't I... :roll: :lol:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Alright, then:

Q) During the course of the comic, three things have been said would put hair on your chest. What are they?
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

lake_wrangler wrote:I went back and looked, and indeed, you never said it was an ominous question. I just read it that way: when you said "wrong", I saw it in a grand scheme of things, Nu-Gui kind of way.
Ah yes. Confession time: The phrasing of the original question (though not the hints) was chosen to suggest exactly that reading. Particularly that ever so unnoticed key word, "first".

A little red herring there. Sorry. I thought it'd be fun; I just had no idea you'd be stuck on it for so long.

Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

lake_wrangler wrote:Alright, then:

Q) During the course of the comic, three things have been said would put hair on your chest. What are they?
I remembered the two occasions, but none of the three things, so I had to look them up.
Heather's dad and Shelly's "male friend" (Owen?): Manhattans and martinis, respectively
Kevin: The omelet with cactus paddles and jalapeños.

... and having written that, I'm wondering if "during the course of the comic" covers the references to Heather's dad and Shelly's "male friend", or if there's more I'm missing?

lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

lake_wrangler wrote:Alright, then:

Sidhekin wrote:I remembered the two occasions, but none of the three things, so I had to look them up.
Heather's dad and Shelly's "male friend" (Owen?): Manhattans and martinis, respectively
That's one, but I had not noticed that both drinks are said to do that... Darn! That means there are FOUR things that are said to put hair on your chest... But I've already stated my question...
Yep, but it didn't work on Monica... it only put chest on her chest... :lol:
Incidentally, this one is the last of the "breakfast mentioned" scenes which had not been found in my question about breakfast scenes, where more breakfasts were found than I remembered there being, but two had not been mentioned that I was looking for (the other one was the Sticks and Twigs cereal).
Sidhekin wrote:... and having written that, I'm wondering if "during the course of the comic" covers the references to Heather's dad and Shelly's "male friend", or if there's more I'm missing?
"during the course of the comic" is my way of saying it could be anywhere in the archive, I'm not telling where... :mrgreen:

So, you have found two instances, yet three things. You have therefore technically answered the question. There is a third instance which, like I said turns out to bring the count of "things" to four, not three. You may look for it if you wish, for the sake of completeness, or you may ask a question, and I'll just ask that one again later to find it.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

I'll let it rummage in my subconscious for now, thanks.

Meanwhile, a straight-forward (promise!) question:

Q: What's Justin's brand of firearm?

jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

A Glock.

Hmmm, I have an idea.

What was one of the reader-suggested reasons why Jin could actually "see people" around her when she was hallucinating?
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Arg! You beat me to it! And to think that I found it within about 5 minutes of looking (so much easier with the PDF books on my computer...) Had I had time to look earlier, I would have won that question... :roll:
But that's neither here nor there...

Meanwhile, that's quite the question you asked. You mean, we'll have to search the forum, too, or was that something that was in the posted comments on a comic page, back when comments were allowed? (Don't worry, you won't be telling us too much, we'll still have to either search the forum with the right keywords, or figure out which page to go and read comments from...)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

It was in the comments, but it makes sense if you think about it... ;)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Well, there's this:

[quote=""February 28, 2011 at 1:01 am, SoWhyMe"]Yeah. Apparently it’s [the Minnesota snow] so bad it even drives the ghosts inside.[/quote]
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Eeeeeeee not quite

Think dimensionally.