Art contest! $500 prize!

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Opus the Poet

Art contest! $500 prize!

Post by Opus the Poet »

Letting my friends know about this first. I'm having an unusual art contest over on my blog.

I have a rather large scar on my leg that is a constant reminder that some people in law enforcement don't give a crap if I live or die and should someone manage to kill me while I'm riding my bike no fingers will be lifted by them in any effort to find the driver that hit me. I know this because it has already happened once, leaving quite a "mark". I'm going to get a tattoo to cover this scar up, and I'm giving $500 to the artist that comes up with the best design. Paul is specifically invited to participate, but none of the artists that hang out here are excluded. I want the best picture possible on my leg and I'm not going to get that by arbitrarily excluding people from participating. The artist also gets first publishing rights on his or her web site (until someone grabs the image and steals it, but there's nothing I can do about that crap). I'm posting a large image of the leg in question on my blog this Sunday to use as a canvas to practice on and submit your effort.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Re: Art contest! $500 prize!

Post by Atomic »

Sorry to hear about it, but looking forward to contributing a scribble toward the cause.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Just a sumpin' I seen on the internet.

I noticed that the perp in the incident described in the last accident was only charged with 'leaving the scene of an accident'.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Got your pic, got an idea, film at eleven....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff