Raging Daughters theme park

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Dave

Raging Daughters theme park

Post by Dave »

Over in the main Fan Art thread, I was struck by the excellence of some of Jabberwonky's coloring work and had a crazy idea:
Dave wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Now THAT is Monica Hulk!
I'm envisioning the entrance to a new Wapsi Square theme/adventure park.

On one side, a Hulkish statue of Monica, glyph alight, wrapped in her Dark Phoenix fury.

On the other, a statue of Shelly, half-transformed into a sphinx, whirling and slashing. Exploded punching bag in evidence behind her.

Over the entrance, a sign written in Paul's signature Wapsi Square font:

Raging Daughters
Jabberwonky took the bait:
Jabberwonky wrote:The promotional flyers are out...

The Shelly maquette isn't painted yet and the flame jets have yet to be installed in Monica...
Truly wonderful! Jabber, I think you definitely have an alternative career ahead of you as a short-order graphics cook, if you want it when you get back from Over There!

I really think we need to fill out the prospectus for the Raging Daughters theme park. What sorts of rides and amusements can we provide, within the Wapsi Square structure?

I can think of a few:
  • Shoot the Pool - bungee jumping above the volcanic lava pool. (Please be honest when we ask for your weight, as this allows us to select the bungee cables properly. If you fib, and are heavier than you say... splorch! Remember, you aren't a demigod!)
  • The Tsunami Surfing water-ride. We blow up the volcanic island every hour on the half-hour; you get to ride a surfboard, body-board, or floating coconut tree back to safety. All riders must sign a waiver against possible floor abrasions when skreee'ing to a halt at the end of the escape.
  • Practice your marksmanship at the Shoot the Boulder gallery. Prizes for every hoodoo-rock successfully thocked, Bonus points for performing trick acrobatic tosses with your pistol. Points deducted if you hit yourself with it.
  • Evade The Apo. Earn points towards purchases in the Gift Shop, by collecting the bleached skulls and bones of those who preceded you, while dodging Snuff-m-Out Sphinxes and lethal Plutonium Hazards throughout the Time Forest. (Lengthy amusement course; please allow adequate time on your schedule. Due to chronometric reversal, the last tickets for entrance are sold 80,000 years after the park closes for the night.)
  • Ride a classic Harley, dodge German soldiers and save the day, on the Grandpa Sullivan motorcycle course!
  • Test your strength! See if you can punch a Titan right through a wall, at Bia's Flying Derp!
  • Skydive from 13,000 feet at the No Fighting Each Other airfield. Parachute optional but recommended.
The Food Court has potential, too. Doctor Custard is certainly called for. Tea, jelly donuts, and (for those on a diet) cucumber sandwiches at Ninja Designer. Roast squirrel ("Tastes Like Chicken!") and lactose-free sherbet at Katherine's. Edible scarab beetles for the traditionalists, at the Lanthis Bar-b-que.

I don't think we can offer Sphinxly Blood Sausage, though, as popular as it might be... it's neither kosher nor halal.

There will, of course, be a Mucho Mocha franchise, complete with a Confusion Corner and some of Amy's excellent baked goods.

What else can we offer to the park guests? Suggestions please?
NOTDilbert

Re: Raging Daughters theme park

Post by NOTDilbert »

Of course the Gift Shop will have a REALLY big Book Section. Some say the book aisle seems to go on forever (ook).
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Gots to have a Papa's Pizza. And a repro of Darren's pub and Club Cerberus for the over 21 crowd...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

Food court definitely needs at least one entree for the vegetarians.

Stinky tofu, of course.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I don't care as long as there is a game where you can win Nudge plushies.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

The games arcade could feature a standard Dance Dance Revolution machine, but with an added challenge: All participants must wear a bra filled with a pair of basketballs.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I picture more of a bra-like device with water bags...

And a 'water race' were you have to use pressurized water guns to fill a clear tube with a picture of Amanda screen printed on front of them...
Target gallery where you fire revolvers at rocks...
'Whack-A-Spider' with Shelly on it...
A basketball shooter with Shelly maquette that raises and lowers by pnuematics...
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

The logo for Nudge's bunji jump -
Lava Leap Logo.png
Lava Leap Logo.png (121.9 KiB) Viewed 33365 times
Have to look at the legal ramifications of having one over a kiddie pool filled with cinnamon schnapps jello shot, underlit with yellowish lights. The point of it being to grab a mouthfull as you hit the perigee. I'd call that one 'Splortch'.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

It was more of a drop, rather than a jump or a leap.....perhaps the ride operator drops you via trapdoor with NO WARNING....but that might result in pee-scented jello shots....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Julie

Post by Julie »

Jabberwonky wrote:The logo for Nudge's bunji jump -
Lava Leap Logo.png
Have to look at the legal ramifications of having one over a kiddie pool filled with cinnamon schnapps jello shot, underlit with yellowish lights. The point of it being to grab a mouthfull as you hit the perigee. I'd call that one 'Splortch'.
LIKE! :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:The logo for Nudge's bunji jump -

The lawyers are cautious about this... not sure how to comply with food-safety regulations and make sure the jello remains safe for human consumption. The risk of a jumper going too far down, getting soaked by this Sterno-like jello, and then encountering a spark also worries them...they don't want to be sued... it turns out that the franchise for the Fantastic Four characters is held by a competing park.

They were very firm on one point, though. A park patron could go on this jump more than once, but only if their initial attempts are unsuccessful. If they do grab a mouthful, that's it for the day... they may not repeat. "Absolutely no drunken diving on our property" was the final word.
Jabberwonky

Midway Game

Post by Jabberwonky »

First proposed midway game, 'Smertch-A-Spider.'
Smertch s.png
Smertch s.png (176.95 KiB) Viewed 33284 times
Julie

Post by Julie »

You could have one of those strength games (where you squeeze something maybe?) and have it be a Bud-themed game for making diamonds out of coffee cups. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Is the name Raging Daughters a parody or play on words of something?
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

there IS a water-park chain called "Raging Waters", not sure if that's who they're parodying though.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Deconstructing Dave's Raging Daughters, on a web search for water parks I found this -
ragingwaters3.jpg
ragingwaters3.jpg (131.28 KiB) Viewed 33182 times
and worked up(?) from there...
Dave

Post by Dave »

scantrontb wrote:there IS a water-park chain called "Raging Waters", not sure if that's who they're parodying though.
A-yup! That's what I was punning on. Ah, the problems of alliteracy in America 8-)
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Ah, I see now, thanks. I'd never heard of "Raging Waters" before.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Neither had I until Dave said something...(it's all his fault)

:P
Dave

Post by Dave »

At this point, it's pretty clear that Katherine's Adventure is going to be a significant part of the Park.

I can't tell yet whether it would be one big ride (definitely a roller coaster) or whether she's going to have earned a whole new section of the park (sort of like Disney's Frontierland or Tomorrowland sections).

Probably have to be a whole park section, though. If we try to put park visitors through even a fraction of what Katherine has been through with Atsali, in a single ride, very few people would survive the experience. A high heart-attack rate among your guests is not good for word-of-mouth advertising!

So, if we're going to break it up into separate themed rides and experiences... what will they be?